BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

I just tested again and I'm going in again (faint pink on the stick). I have a bit of a headache but other than that I feel fine. I know I'm not going to be able to cut out the bars as I tried that before and I caved after 3 days :). I just need to be really careful about only having 1 a day as with the veggies it obviously tipped me over the edge (I had 2 bars, 1 shake and veggies / protein on the day in question). I've never had 2 before actually I just had a bad day and thought sod it! :).

Well you done well to reach for a bar could of been so much worse.

And yay on the going back in to ketosis get ready for the scales to start doing :)

I just realised when I updated my signature that I've been doing this for 26 weeks now, so 6 months or half a year! Well other than a week off for a holiday and 2 weeks off at Christmas. The time has flown by actually. I can't believe that I've been doing this for 6 months. OK, so I hoped to be more or less at goal now but for every week I've had off I reckon it's taken me another week to lose the amount I put on during that week so that's 6 weeks off the total to start off with. Add to that the fact that I'm a fairly slow loser and I reckon I will be on this until around end of April. So at least I should be slim(ish) for the summer :). The time doesn't bother me particularly (although I would like to be done at some point!) as the most important thing for me was finding a diet that I could stick to for several months and S&S has ticked that box for me in that respect. It's almost become a way of life for me now.

Oh and I bought a size 14 coat today and it fits :).

6 months may be a long time but a short space of time out of your life :)

Woohooo at the coat bet it looks fab on :)

Wed 12st 13.8 (at WI)
Thurs 12st 13.2
Fri 12st 13.0

Steadily going down this week. As of this morning I have exactly a stone and a half to go :). Not sure how I'll feel when I get there - ie will I feel that I'm the right weight but that's my initial goal so I'm sticking with that for now.

And exactly three quarters of the way through my weight loss :)

Wow BG.....sooo close now! Well done xx

Well done BG. Glad things are steadily on the move again for you! So happy you are in the 12s now too! I am just over 2lbs away from the 14s now! So happy! xx

Well done BG, that's fantastic! I have said before that you are an inspiration. Well after reading your posts, I am going to set up a diary and see if like you, I can get to where I want to be!

Still going better this week.

Wed 12st 13.8 (at WI)
Thurs 12st 13.2
Fri 12st 13.0
Sat 12st 12.0

So here I am today sitting at exactly 180 pounds, exactly BMI 30, and exactly 20 pounds to go. My next loss of any kind will take me 'into the 170s', 'into overweight BMI' and 'into the teens' in terms of pounds to go. I can feel my goal getting nearer :)

I remember when I started this diet I was looking at people who were also starting and their start weight was in the 180s and I remember thinking bloody hell I've got over 60 pounds to lose before I get to where they're starting. But I've lost the 60lbs (64 to be exact) and believe me if I can do it so can you!

So in celebration this am I tried on my nice Monsoon jeans that I haven't worn for a few years and they fit :). Before Xmas I could not get those on. So I'll be wearing those from now on and I have another pair exactly the same in the size down (as I liked them so much) to use to assess my progress against. I also fit into 2 nice Monsoon tops that I will be wearing again from now on :). Happy Saturday everyone!

Last edited:
Woohoo WTG!!

You will be overtaking me soon!

Most people on here have lost more weight in a day than I have lost since my start in January lol

Oh well, I am going for slow and steady wins the race along with patience and alot of it!

Keep going your doing great!

So I had a little treat tonight for my evening meal. 100g of chicken cut into strips, 1 pepper sliced, 1 shallot sliced and 3 mushrooms sliced (weighed all the veg and it came to under 200g). Used 6 squirts of Frylight, added mixed herbs and wok fried the lot. It was lush and I was full once I'd eaten it. Pre diet I would have had something like that but double the quantity at least plus rice and probably in a sauce too. I was completely satisfied after that small amount. This diet is teaching me lots about ways to cook foods that make them tasty but limiting the calories and the carbs. It's all in the choices and the portion control. I love this diet! :)

when i think of the size of the meals i used to eat it amazes me , im not saying that ill stick to the portions i eat now , once im maintaining, but it does put them into perspective and youre right i can feel full on a fractio of what i thought i needed

Wed 12st 13.8 (at WI)
Thurs 12st 13.2
Fri 12st 13.0
Sat 12st 12.0
Sun 12st 12.0

STS this am. Pretty much expected and I'm fine with it :). I would like at least another half pound by WI as I'm trying for 2lbs a week to get me to goal in 10 weeks.

Its steady, steady, steady BG and that is a good thing. You are doing so well and that target is so achievable. Keep up the good work.

The weight is melting away now, you are nearer your goal too and still having great losses. Really looking forward to seeing you achieve your goal xx

Back