BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Welcome back BG. Hope this break's going to work as a kick-start that will get you to goal soon x

Hows it going huni? im back in ketosis today thankfully, im full of energy and not hungry at all, woop woop! just need to drink more, im flagging with that side of things abit! Anyway hope your ok and will be back in ketosis later today x

Thanks girls! :). Doing ok today so far. I'm actually a bit hungry this evening but I've been to the dentist this afternoon and my mouth is numb and feels like it's the size of a bus so I'm not sure about eating yet. Might just have a scrambled egg or something later.

I was down 1.4lbs this am so 6.4lbs to get back to where I was before my break.

I wrote this in someone else's diary but thought it was worth recording it here also so that I can go back and read it as it's important:

"I like the word 'compulsion'. That's exactly the reason why I can't leave a chocolate bar in the fridge having had 1 or 2 squares whereas my mother can make a chocolate bar last a week or more! It preys on my mind constantly until it's gone and then the compulsion disappears. I don't need to go and shop for more, the mere fact that it's gone is enough. I know that those compulsions are still there. I've had a box of Quality Street during my week off. It's been lying in the cupboard for at least a month without me even thinking about it but the minute I 'could' have it and opened it, it preyed on my mind. It's just a smallish box but I know that it'll be gone by tomorrow as I start back on plan on Wednesday. So the compulsions are still there and I need to work on this hugely in maintenance as the demons haven't disappeared overnight. Best thing for me is not to buy anything that's in a large pack in the future as I will have this issue for life I think. There are a few things that trigger the compulsion in me but mostly chocolate and wine. There are other things around the house that are sweet that don't draw me to them so I need to find out what those things are. Knowledge is power."

2 more days down since I restarted after my Easter break. Was down to 12st 4.0lbs yesterday and 12st 2.2lbs today. 2.6lbs to go to get back to where I left off before Easter. Fingers crossed I am back there on Wednesday for WI.

Thanks Tara! I was down to 12st 1.6lbs this am despite a bit of a blip that saw me having too many carbs yesterday. Guess I might pay for that tomorrow but hey ho.

So it's taken me a bit longer than I hoped (2 days) but I'm now down to where I got to before my Easter break and am 0.2lbs lower than that, and I'm back in the 11s so that's all great :). Hoping for a little more by WI on Wed.

I had to work late (in another office) on Tues and Wed this week and was caught without any packs and as everyone in the late night meeting ordered in Italian food I went for the lowest carb option which was a chicken kebab. They didn't do salad or I would have had a chicken salad or something. So it wasn't a bad choice, the chicken was wonderful, and I hadn't intended to eat the pitta but I did end up having half of it. Everyone else was scoffing pizza and pasta. I know that it threw me out of ketosis though as I checked the next day. So Wed night was better and although they all had nachos, cheese and chocolate I held firm and just had a pack when I got home.

So at WI on Wed I was down to 12st 0.6lbs and frustratingly hovering above the 12 stone mark. This morning (Fri) shows me down to 11st 13.4lbs tho which is a fraction below where I was before my break.

Still plugging away at this and hoping to lose another 17.4lbs sometime this year :). Then I'll be done I hope.

BG! You've done brilliantly!! Also making the right choice and having chicken kebab clearly was the right thing to do. I know you didn't intend to have to the pitta but the fact is instead of having it all you chose only to have half of it. Now that is was I call contro. Oh! I so strive for that one day, once I've reached goal!

Scales going in the right direction this morning :). Down to 11st 12.6lbs (from 11st 13.4lbs yesterday). Getting to be solidly into the 11s now. I never feel that I'm properly in them until I step on the scales at any time of the day and they stay in the 11s. 16.6lbs to go!

BG that's fantastic! Only 16.6lbs to go!! Hopefully I will be following you and I'll get shot of the 19lbs I need to before I can then address my fataholic self and address my food issues. I am sooooo excited for you!!

Thanks Kira xx

I like your definition of being properly in the zone when the scales are at that level whatever time of the day. I am in the 15s this am (just) ...but it will be a few days before I am in the 15s at night too. Lead the way, Lovely BG!

I dont feel like im properly into a new stone bracket until im half way , ive been down to 10.10 before but then slid back up to 11.3 so i dont take anything as read anymore , i reckon once i see 10.7 then i know ill not see 11stone again
cant wait , hopefully in a couple of weeks ill be there and can set my sights on 10stone

i am finding though that the lower my weight goes the more i think my goal is too high and ill have to get down lower to be happy

well done BG keep goingx

Well done on getting in to the 15s Ali! You're doing great!

I know that once I'm in the next stone bracket by a comfortable 2lbs then I don't come out of it unless I take a break and come out of ketosis. I should have given myself enough leeway to stay in the 11s by the time I take my next break which will probably be the Jubilee week.

I know what you mean about your eventual goal Phoenix. I set my original goal as 160lbs because when I started that was 6 stone to lose exactly. That sounded quite a lot and I know that when I was 11 and a half before I was happy with how I was. When I hit the 11s I knew that I wouldn't be entirely happy this time round with just another half stone gone so revised it to another arbitrary figure of BMI 25 which is 10st 10lbs. But to be honest I don't know if that's right for me or not. I'm just going to keep going until I get to a point where I think, yes this feel right, but it helps to have a defined goal to aim at even if you later revise it :).

I consider myself to be in the stone bracket if I get there in my official weigh in - as that's on an evening and with clothes on (!) - I tend to see it at home a week or two before. But if it's one ounce in then I still consider myself to be at that stone level!

My goal is currently 10 stone (which is BMI 22.6). It's only 11 lbs away but I'm still a long way from being a size 10. I'm not sure whether to stick with the weight goal or the clothes size goal. I have a number of clothes in a 10 and I think I'll feel like I've failed if I don't get into them. But my hubby will be very unhappy if I go under 10 stone - and to be fair some parts of me are getting a bit bony... Hmmm - have to mull on it I think.

I definitely won't be going under 10 stone. It's kind of tempting to go for an extra 6lbs as then I would get my Century badge and I'm nothing if not competitive ;) but whether that's feasible or not I'm not sure yet.

Im aiming for 9 stone 7 ultimately but I am only 5ft 2
and I think even if I get there Ill always struggle to get into a 10 , simply because of what having 2 c sections and gaining 4 stone has done to my stomach
im almost definitely having a tummy tuck ,Ill maintained and exercise for a year once at goal to see if I can improve it without surgery ,but I doubt even then Ill be happy to keep my belly the way it is , i think it will take the surgery to get into a 10

Back