Boredom Eating

sarah45121

Writing not biting
Day 2 on the plan and made it to lunch time with no slips. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast and the Thai soup for lunch. Starting to like the soup I think - just have to get used to the weird texture!!!! Have at this point drunk 2.25 litres of water so water drinking is not a problem!!

The main thing I am realising is how much of my eating obviously comes from boredom eating or emotional eating and not from hunger. I would have loved a bread roll with my soup or a biscuit now but couldn't justify it as am not hungry. This is why I am hoping this is the diet for me as I get to avoid the temptation in the kitchen and still get the nutrients I need.

Sorry if this bores anyone, work is quiet and my old solution would be biscuits but no more!!!

Sarah x

Well done for staying 100% Sarah, I know what you mean about realising you were eating through boredom, since starting this I have learnt so much about what I was doing wrong before, and my reasosns were mainly boredom too. Big eye opener :)

Hope today goes great for you

Hol x

sarah45121 said:
Day 2 on the plan and made it to lunch time with no slips. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast and the Thai soup for lunch. Starting to like the soup I think - just have to get used to the weird texture!!!! Have at this point drunk 2.25 litres of water so water drinking is not a problem!!

The main thing I am realising is how much of my eating obviously comes from boredom eating or emotional eating and not from hunger. I would have loved a bread roll with my soup or a biscuit now but couldn't justify it as am not hungry. This is why I am hoping this is the diet for me as I get to avoid the temptation in the kitchen and still get the nutrients I need.

Sorry if this bores anyone, work is quiet and my old solution would be biscuits but no more!!!

Sarah x

Well done Sarah, I am on day 2 as well and not hungry at all which is good.

A lot of my problem has been eating through boredom or habit. In the office especially when someone opens the biscuit tin I would have 1 or 5! just because, not that I was hungry.
I'm glad to have the options removed with Exante.
I can't wait for these first few days to pass so I can be in keto and can easily say no without feeling deprived!

I think VLCDs really make it easy to tell the difference between real hunger and psychological hunger. Learning your triggers and practising staying strong really helps you keep it off.

On other diets, you might replace a biscuit for a healthier alternative, but you're still eating for the wrong reasons when you're not hungry.

Make a note of how you cope with temptation now, give yourself credit for it, and you'll be able to keep making those choices when you eat again.

It will always be something we need to keep on top of, or you'll end up like me! Kept it off for a few years then took it for granted. Learned my lesson though!

I agree, am realising just how much of my time was spent eating food I don't need. Really struggled last night and caved and had some sweetcorn (a weird one I know but didn't want to go down the bread/pasta route) but think am learning that I have to space out my shake in the morning and my bar in the evening to get rid of the cravings!! It's really tough but I know it will be worth it (fingers crossed!!!)

Back