Born obese , Tomorrow is my New Dawn

Just having a rest ,but
superwoman will return soon ,
imagegif
superwoman

Good to see you back posting after the op. Sorry to hear it wasn't better news though. But if it can stop the pain for a while anyway then it's worth it. Even if it need to be replaced after a while. And as everyone says they may be able to offer something better after that time.

I too hate the way medics just throw "lose weight" into the conversation as if it was the easiest thing in the world to do. Or rather it can be lost but it somehow finds us again which is harder to prevent. It's like they think we are overweight from choice and them mentioning it to us will be like a lightbulb going on in our heads and we will suddenly think oh yes I really need to lose a few pounds. And it's as simple as that.

Don't let them get you down and just keep going with what you've been doing recently and you will lose the weight.

Look after yourself hun. :D

Good to see you back posting after the op. Sorry to hear it wasn't better news though. But if it can stop the pain for a while anyway then it's worth it. Even if it need to be replaced after a while. And as everyone says they may be able to offer something better after that time. I too hate the way medics just throw "lose weight" into the conversation as if it was the easiest thing in the world to do. Or rather it can be lost but it somehow finds us again which is harder to prevent. It's like they think we are overweight from choice and them mentioning it to us will be like a lightbulb going on in our heads and we will suddenly think oh yes I really need to lose a few pounds. And it's as simple as that. Don't let them get you down and just keep going with what you've been doing recently and you will lose the weight. Look after yourself hun. :D

Thanks patsy ,
That's what I'm going to do , just carry on as I've been going not putting too much pressure on myself , I've been calorie counting for a while and that seemed to be working ,

Hey, try not to worry about the future too much! I agree with the others re new techniques, but also the rate of deterioration can't be predicted as accurately as that.
My friend has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was 13. She's currently on her second set of hips & knees at 34, but they have been stable for the last 5- ie. No change! Sometimes even the experts don't know everything :) x

Hey, try not to worry about the future too much! I agree with the others re new techniques, but also the rate of deterioration can't be predicted as accurately as that. My friend has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was 13. She's currently on her second set of hips & knees at 34, but they have been stable for the last 5- ie. No change! Sometimes even the experts don't know everything :) x

Hi Rosie,
Yes that's very true ,
I was worrying over it but all your posts and good advice has calmed me a lot, xxxx

Hello hun :wavey:,

I hope your feeling better today :). I just sent you a pm.

Love ya !
Kay xx

:bighug:

Evening Von - sorry Ive not been around to wish you well for your Op. I hope your recovery is a speedy one. Ignore the comments about your weight, youve done and are still doing amazing, dont let them get you down xx

Evening Von - sorry Ive not been around to wish you well for your Op. I hope your recovery is a speedy one. Ignore the comments about your weight, youve done and are still doing amazing, dont let them get you down xx

Oh Sheila thanks so much , but don't worry bout not being around you have so much going on at the moment , and yet you still find time for us all , you truly are a good friend ,
Thinking bout you all xxxxx

I'm at Chans now , what a lovely sunny day , Shane he hasn't got a garden I could sit in , don't really fancy sitting among the biffa bins in the alley ;)

I had quite a good night sleep , woke up a few times but got bk to sleep,

Rang the Dr to get appointments with nurse for my stitches to be removed on the 30 th and also made app with the Dr same day to get blood results and a follow up sick note ,

Today's plans is to rest and read my book, got my exercises to do every hour , might go for a little walk also ,

Just back from my little walk , what is usually a 20 min walk at the most has just taken me an hour and a half , I'm shattered now , definetly going to rest for a while now xx

Ha Ha you make the alley sound so picturesque, I just don't understand why you don't want to sit there. :8855: Glad you managed to get a "wee" walk in and hope you enjoy the rest of your restful day. :D

Ha ha ha it's very exclusive ,
Yes I'm resting now xxx

Hi Von! :) Ooh it IS lovely to read that you're doing so well and sounding very upbeat after your op. I'm impressed with your walk yesterday, bet you ached a lot afterwards but felt that you'd achieved something. Don't push yourself TOO hard of course but you won't, I'm sure. Lovely to see Kay back on here too xx

Went to bed at 7 last night , had a better night ,
Been out for a walk , back home relaxing on the couch ,
Knee feeling ok , still pain every now and then but on the whole feels ok ,

Back