Bosch freezer red flashing light & buzzing sound help!!

big bear

A bear on a mission!
We bought a second-hand Bosch 7 drawer freezer. We've left it to stand for 12 hours. When i plugged it in there is a red warning light & buzzing noise.

Is this because it's been completely defrosted & gone back to normal temperature & not cold enough?

I hope that we haven't been conned :mad:, please can someone tell me if this is normal if the freezer has been plugged out for some time & when it goes to a - temperature it'll be ok.

I've got a Siemens freezer (same people who make Bosch) and when the freezer is not cold enough it sets off a really loud alarm which only stops when the freezer gets cold enough

Yeah probably this, but you could google for the user manual (I'm assuming you don't have one) to be sure

Thanks guys, its starting to get cold inside but the high pitched buzz is doing my head in lol

My freezer has a tiny little dial next to the red/green light and it needs spun all the way round till the red light turns green.......if that helps at all?

It's got 2 grey buttons, one has super written above it, the next one over is the one that is flashing red & has like an alarm signal then it's got a dial that has all the degrees -18, -20, -22, -24 & then the green on/off button.

I've press the grey buttons but nothing happens & the degrees dial is set at -18 but I don't know how you actually move this as behind plastic...

I guess I'll just have to wait & see if it stops once its freezing

Hey guys, the buzzer stopped last night thank goodness as it was driving me mad but the red light still flashing.

I put a loaf of bread in there & it's frozen so I guess it's working maybe the flashing light is why the people were selling it.

if its working, i wouldnt worry about a light!

If you dont have a manual - try google to get an answer - i did that when something went wrong with an appliance and found a 'yahoo' or 'google' answer!!!

xxxx

Back