Bought too many carrots & courgettes - help

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi Guys

I bought 2 bags of carrots & 7 courgettes I really need to use them as don't want to throw away.

I've also a tub of fromage frais that needs used up too.

Any ideas?

I've already thought of carrot soup but that'll make tonnes...

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them lol...I've got loads of other veg and the normal cupboard ingredients.

Why don't you make a syn free quiche I always put courgette in my quiche, makes it moist and yummy! I'd even put grated carrot in it to try! Make a bake with the courgette, layer courgette and potato, aubergine, make a tomato sauce and top with cheese, wack it in oven! (I like making things up as I go) I had some asparagus left over and put it in my quiche this afternoon, really nice- just gives a different flavour!

I love carrots! I just eat them raw personally & i buy a bag a week just for me.

You could make a veg curry & freeze it. Onion, potato, carrot, courguette, some curry powder, ginger & chilli, tinned tomatoes. Slow cooker woild be perfect for it.

Or, on a similar theme, a veg chilli.

Or, roast the veg in the oven, add to cooked cous cous or bulgar wheat, and keep in the fridge for munchies & lunches.

Sliced courgette, sprayed with frylite and a sprinkle of parmesan, then baked in oven until slightly crispy... delicious!

Thanks everyone fab ideas....I'll get cooking tomorrow XXX

Back