1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Bran Flake Chocolate Cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Watsonnicole1, 16 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Watsonnicole1

Watsonnicole1 Member

I have just made the below but using 2 options chocolate sachets instead.. It was actually very nice. When I make it next i will add another sachet i think.. Or maybe some coffee.

I used a 5" plastic tub which cut 4 really nice chunks which made them 4.75 syns each (the whole cake is 19 syns the way I made it)

Low Syn Chocolate Cake
    Serves: 6
    Syns per serving:
    3½ Syns on Green and Original
    Cooking time: 6 minutes
    Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
    100g bran flakes cereal
    250ml boiling water
    2 eggs
    6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
    ½ cup sweetener
    Method
    1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.

4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

I know it's already on teh site but I found it after hours of looking.. So i reminder for anyone new like myself... Here's my pic.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. juju79

juju79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I heard about this in group yesterday and was hoping the recipe would be here.

Many thanks, hopefully I can have this one night this week :) Have been craving a yummy dessert :D

Do you know if the syns are higher if you use cocoa powder instead of drinking cocoa?

4. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    mmmmmm, might give this one a go,i tried the other cake recipe ( squidey chocolate cake) but didnt like that at all! fingers crossed this one is good:)

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Somebody made this for group this week and it was blooming lovely! So thought would see if it was on here and bump it up! :)#
    Can't wait to make it the only thing is I might be the only one that will eat it and I would et the lot I think so might have to be careful when I do it!

6. messyeater

messyeater Member

Start Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.2lb(11.14%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I just made a similar version of this but with lower syns!

The method is the same but I used all bran and instead of 250ml water you only add 180ml and only 2tbsp of cocoa powder, I also cut the sweetner by half and it was still sweet enough. I added a couple of teaspoons of ginger because I find that helps balance the taste of the sweetner.

Just had some, it's a great substitute for cake and, if you use as your healthy b option, a quarter of this cake is only 1.2 syns :)