Bran Flake Chocolate Cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Watsonnicole1, 16 January 2010.

1. Watsonnicole1

Watsonnicole1 Member

I have just made the below but using 2 options chocolate sachets instead.. It was actually very nice. When I make it next i will add another sachet i think.. Or maybe some coffee.

I used a 5" plastic tub which cut 4 really nice chunks which made them 4.75 syns each (the whole cake is 19 syns the way I made it)

Low Syn Chocolate Cake
    Serves: 6
    Syns per serving:
    3½ Syns on Green and Original
    Cooking time: 6 minutes
    Preparation time: 15 minutes

100g bran flakes cereal
    250ml boiling water
    2 eggs
    6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
    ½ cup sweetener
    1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.

4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

I know it's already on teh site but I found it after hours of looking.. So i reminder for anyone new like myself... Here's my pic.

2. juju79

juju79 Well-Known Member

I heard about this in group yesterday and was hoping the recipe would be here.

Many thanks, hopefully I can have this one night this week :) Have been craving a yummy dessert :D

Do you know if the syns are higher if you use cocoa powder instead of drinking cocoa?
  3. *honey

*honey Well-Known Member

mmmmmm, might give this one a go,i tried the other cake recipe ( squidey chocolate cake) but didnt like that at all! fingers crossed this one is good:)
  4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Well-Known Member

Somebody made this for group this week and it was blooming lovely! So thought would see if it was on here and bump it up! :)#
    Can't wait to make it the only thing is I might be the only one that will eat it and I would et the lot I think so might have to be careful when I do it!
  5. messyeater

messyeater Active Member

I just made a similar version of this but with lower syns!

The method is the same but I used all bran and instead of 250ml water you only add 180ml and only 2tbsp of cocoa powder, I also cut the sweetner by half and it was still sweet enough. I added a couple of teaspoons of ginger because I find that helps balance the taste of the sweetner.

Just had some, it's a great substitute for cake and, if you use as your healthy b option, a quarter of this cake is only 1.2 syns :)