Bran Flake Chocolate Cake

I have just made the below but using 2 options chocolate sachets instead.. It was actually very nice. When I make it next i will add another sachet i think.. Or maybe some coffee.

I used a 5" plastic tub which cut 4 really nice chunks which made them 4.75 syns each (the whole cake is 19 syns the way I made it)

Low Syn Chocolate Cake
Serves: 6
Syns per serving:
3½ Syns on Green and Original
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
100g bran flakes cereal
250ml boiling water
2 eggs
6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
½ cup sweetener
Method
1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.

4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

I know it's already on teh site but I found it after hours of looking.. So i reminder for anyone new like myself... Here's my pic.

I heard about this in group yesterday and was hoping the recipe would be here.

Many thanks, hopefully I can have this one night this week :) Have been craving a yummy dessert :D

Do you know if the syns are higher if you use cocoa powder instead of drinking cocoa?

mmmmmm, might give this one a go,i tried the other cake recipe ( squidey chocolate cake) but didnt like that at all! fingers crossed this one is good:)

I just made a similar version of this but with lower syns!

The method is the same but I used all bran and instead of 250ml water you only add 180ml and only 2tbsp of cocoa powder, I also cut the sweetner by half and it was still sweet enough. I added a couple of teaspoons of ginger because I find that helps balance the taste of the sweetner.

Just had some, it's a great substitute for cake and, if you use as your healthy b option, a quarter of this cake is only 1.2 syns :)

Back