Brand of Sugar Free Chewing Gum

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by That's_So_Fetch, 25 January 2011 Social URL.

1. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Which brands are ok to chew and will not take you out of ketosis?

I know we're not supposed to chew gum on CD but i have to because i suffer from severe dry mouth due to CD and medication.

I might have to come off CD and try a low carb/low cals/healthy eating diet until the dry mouth is not as severe. Does anyone know if it would be ok to have any type of sugar free gum if i do low carb instead of CD (even if it has abit of citric acid in it)?

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mamaye

Mamaye Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I chew sugar free gum to avoid dry mouth and have minty breath, doesn't take me out of ketosis. No clue which brand I bought as I just pick random sugar free ones!

4. Mamaye

Mamaye Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    And I get very dry mouth in the evenings and even wake up during the night sometimes because of dry mouth and am thirsty, but I just have to drink more and am fine

5. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I get the 'Extra' brand and I'm chewing all day :) no effect at all on hungerness etc

X

6. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    if u stick to sugar free only and go with the mint flavours and definately not the fruity gum , the minty ones contain no citric acid.
    i used Extra all the way through last time and since the ketofairy came to visit last night and now i feel like the world and his friends all used my mouth as a toilet overnight i think i may well be using a few pieces of gum a day myself.

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just be careful with chewing gum as chewing activates the hunger centre in the brain about 20 minutes later so it can make you crave food.

Some people are ordering the listerine strips off e-bay so they get minty fresh breath without the chewing :)

8. determinator

determinator Banned

I use listerine strips :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.