Brand Spanking WW Newbie

Sarah Lou

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I joined ww on Thursday and I finally finished working for a few days and I have been to the supermarket and my cupboards are free of naughties and now ready for me to get my head around PP. I am really looking forward to starting. Yesterday was a difficult day for me. Somebody was walking behind me down the stairs at work as I turned around he was imitating a larger person, he was sort of wobbling and had blown his cheeks outwards. He realised I had seen and walked past me and actually carried on doing the stupid face (which I hasten to add I could of smacked) he then said oh I suppose your going to be moody now. I couldn't answer and just shot him a filthy look. I went back to my desk and was really upset and I can honestly say I have not felt like that since school and I am 42 now. To add insult to injury earlier in the day I had to put my skirt in the dryer at lunchtime as I had got soaked. My friend at work gave me a towel and a different person said you will need more than one of those. Who do these people think they are!!!! I just couldnt believe that both things had happened in one day. I know I have a weight issue now and what hurts like hell is that some of it is a result of a chronic condition that has required specific medication that wacked on the pounds, now its levelled off my gp thinks I have a better chance now of loosing it. The first thought I had today was what had happened yesterday, so silently I thought I will bl**dy show you lot and if you think you can continue to make sarky comments to me you have another thing coming ;);) that's fighting talk :D

So I have spent today sorting out what I am eating and tracking each and every bit, so off to a good start. :)

Can't believe some people huge hugs but you WILL show them the idiots they have just made you stronger, Good luck hun! We have the same amount too loose we can be buddies if you like? I joined last Monday i have my first weigh in this Monday eeek! xxxx

Well done for joining, remember you can change your weight but these people can't change the fact they are a**eholes x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Hi Rachel I would love to have a buddy it will be great to do this with someone :) good luck with your weigh in day Monday. Let me know how you have found your first week x

Hi Rachel I would love to have a buddy it will be great to do this with someone :) good luck with your weigh in day Monday. Let me know how you have found your first week x

I found it quite good really. Just hope ive lost. Will be gutted if i haven't ive stuck too my points tho. Will probably use some of my weeklies tonight.

I will be so happy if it does work as i think i may have found a diet that suits me and trust me ive been on many!

How are you doing? xx

It feels very strange having food around.. I have tried really hard to do the cambridge diet but even doing that I could hardly shift a pound. My GP said he would be happier for me to try ww, he just thinks my body has been under so much stress combined with such a low calorie intake my metabolism has got really sluggish. I was sad to stop cd or perhaps I should say abit scared as I was worried I would loose control around food. So I waited two weeks before starting ww and I only gained four pounds coming off cd. I am the same as you Rachel I have done everything apart from ww. I think I will need to watch the snacking as I have been abit picky today but I'm within my points, it just feels like I'm eating too much. :) I will also bulk up my meals with more salad or veg tomorrow and now I am at home until Monday I will do some cooking and make a few things I can freeze. :) Fingers xxx for us we can do this,

Hi Shanny lovely to see you :) here I go again on my quest, I just hope I can do this or as someone said to me Thursday "I am doing this" where are you on your journey?

Sarah Lou said:
It feels very strange having food around.. I have tried really hard to do the cambridge diet but even doing that I could hardly shift a pound. My GP said he would be happier for me to try ww, he just thinks my body has been under so much stress combined with such a low calorie intake my metabolism has got really sluggish. I was sad to stop cd or perhaps I should say abit scared as I was worried I would loose control around food. So I waited two weeks before starting ww and I only gained four pounds coming off cd. I am the same as you Rachel I have done everything apart from ww. I think I will need to watch the snacking as I have been abit picky today but I'm within my points, it just feels like I'm eating too much. :) I will also bulk up my meals with more salad or veg tomorrow and now I am at home until Monday I will do some cooking and make a few things I can freeze. :) Fingers xxx for us we can do this,

Hi Shanny lovely to see you :) here I go again on my quest, I just hope I can do this or as someone said to me Thursday "I am doing this" where are you on your journey?

I did Cambridge too and it made me really poorly :( x

I gave it more than my best shot WBSize14, I congratulate those that have acheived fantastic results, but I guess we are all different. I know I have neglected my body and that has been the worse thing I could do to it, a friend said to me you wouldn't run a car without oil so why would you run your body without fuel!!! I really couldn't argue with that.

We have similiar amounts to loose please join me and Rachel and let me know how you are getting on :) more the merrier x

I tried Cambridge and it made me sick i just could not take the shakes. They made me sick every time! :( Ahh well i love my food and weight watchers seems too be the right one so far lets hope for a loss! Whens your weigh in day? Xxx

My weigh day is Wednesday :) if you could see me here!!! I've taken stuff out of the cupboards and I have been pointing it.. gawd I know how to party on a Saturday night:D I've just got to put it all back now :eek::eek: I've had an okish day but I'm not buying any more snacky things I keep wondering out to the kitchen and mooching about. So not a bad start but could do better, which I will now do tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in my thread today, onwards into tomorrow, nite nite xx

Ohhh that's not a bad idea actually. But then again i have sooooooooooo much in my cupboards lol Night hun catch you again soon xxx

People just don't get it do they?! Rude!!!! Good luck on your journey Hun x

My wi day is today but I went out last night and have hurt my knee so can't get to class am so annoyed as it's my 1st wi but have weighed in at my house and sts which I'm happy with as its my 1st week off Cambridge x

How annoying hun BUT sts is a great after coming off CD. I have gained four pounds but I have also let my water intake slide, so I am trying to get that back on track today. Have a good day and I hope your knee is not too painful.

Thanks to everyone else who has wished me luck, it's nice to be amongst friendly people.

I have found a WW meeting that is just around the corner from where I live and it starts at 7.00pm which gives me more time to get there as I work until 6 or 7pm. I think I will pop along tomorrow night and see if I can change.

I have spent most of the weekend sorting things out and as I said pointing everything in sight, I just want to get my head around it so it becomes a way of life and not a DIET. I have decided to no longer say DIET, that represents being restictive and you start saying to yourself I cant have this or that and by what I have read the plan seems to be very flexiable. So ditch that D word ;) have a good day everyone xx

Ditching the D word is fab idea i have done the same and maybe thats why its working who knows. So far im loving WW and everyone on here is so friendly! xxx

Back