Brands of stock cubes

Bubblemum

Silver Member
What ones do you use? is bovril ok? I forgot to look yesterday at all the different ones, I only have oxos in, but I'm not having anything that needs one today, but just out of curiosity what stock cubes does everyone use, or which do you know are Dukan friendly?

I have tended to use Oxo (although this is probably not good) as I couldn't find any low fat ones - but I don't use that many in a week - maybe one or two.

Strictly speaking Oxo isn't ok.

Only "fat free" stock cubes are authorised in France. I googled in English to see what you have in the UK, and there are "low fat" cubes.

Aim for those... only...

Oxo is very salty also.
2.2 carbohydrate
0.3g fat
0.1g saturates
0.6 sodium

Knorr do fat-free, they must surely be available in the UK (I used to buy pasta cube back in the day when I lived there, so I know Knorr exists in the UK. I use Maggi myself, don't know if you can get them though.

I will have a look, yes Laura we can get Knorr here so will see what they are.
I hardly ever have gravy, usually once on a sunday, but if I make chilli mince or curried mince I do put a couple in.

With this diet, you'd be best cutting down on them... half is the maximum I use, because of the salt content. After a few weeks on this diet, I found I could drop radically the amount of salt I used, and now hardly use any... (much to my other half's disgust!!).

asda do maggi cubes here, otherwise head for your nearest afro - carribean shop

Back