Breakfast Ideas?

SkinnieMinnie

For lent ive decided im going to eat breakfast everyday! Im one of those people that are always running late in the mornings and i usually miss breakfast which i think is effecting my eating as i pick throughout the day, i dont really have time in the morning to eat a proper breakfast such as cereal or porridge, so im thinking of just grabbing a banana on the way out, does anyone know of any quick things i could try like low pp cereal bars etc? xx

Weight watchers do a fruity cereal bar which is 2pp and lovely!

I normally have a tub of total 0% greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey and chopped banana for 3pp

Thanks, i might buy some of that greek yoghurt, its really nice with rasberrys and sweetner and in the past i poured it into ice lolly holders :) was really nice xx

This is going to be my weekend treat

Eggs Benedict

6 pp per serving (serves 4)

A splash of white vinegar or tarragon vinegar
4 very fresh eggs
4 crumpets
4 x 20g thin clices lean ham
4 tbsp fresh hollandaise (bought from chiller cabinet rather than in jars or long life pouches)
Snipped fresh chives

Preheat Grill, poach eggs
toast crumpets
top with clice of ham, then the poached eggs. Spoon 1 tbsp hollandaise sauce over each eggs then pop under grill for 2 minutes or until sauce is lightly bubbling.

This morning I had 2 slices of brown bread, (wholemeal type) 6 pp with a laughing cow Light and slice of ham and loads on onion and tomatoes.

I never have the time or inclination to have breakfast before i leave home. I take a ham and philadelphia or cheese sandwich into work made with rye bread to have when I get there at my desk. In the past I have also taken some cereal in a pot with a plain yogurt to go on it (don't drink milk).

I make myself have breakfast at home. Either porridge made with water & blueberries on or special k with a banana cut up on it or even a couple of crumpets with low sugar jam. If I don't, I am starving at work & working next to a marks & Spencer is too tempting!!!!!!

Protein foods keep you fuller for longer so how about boiling a couple of eggs the night before and taking them

I usually have 2 slices of brown bread, banana and zero point jam! It's yummy and only 5pp! Keeps me full till lunch even when I'm busy. Though I sometimes have a satsuma in my morning break. If you have loads of points left over for the day or a late breakfast I like to replace the zero point jam with nutella 2pp extra, but if ya have it it's yummy :)

Gracienoods said:
I usually have 2 slices of brown bread, banana and zero point jam! It's yummy and only 5pp! Keeps me full till lunch even when I'm busy. Though I sometimes have a satsuma in my morning break. If you have loads of points left over for the day or a late breakfast I like to replace the zero point jam with nutella 2pp extra, but if ya have it it's yummy :)

What's zero point jam??

Glad you asked about the jam. I was wondering which jam was zero pointed too!

might be WW jam but enough of it so it's zero? like a drop of it ? :D

Sorry was working the long day 8-8 :( but it's zero points (I assume as much as you want) you buy frozen berries from a supermarket (when my batch is done gonna try it with bought strawberries that I freeze). Put them into a pan to pretty much melt, then use something to mash or blend them. Once it's a consistency you like. Take it off the heat and add a sachet of sugar free jelly. Put it in a container in your fridge and in like 1 hour you have zero point jam. Is great. Wanna do it with strawberries next time :) and to purée it ;)

Ohhhh..... going to try that!! Lovely!

I'm trying to lower my carbs during the day, so I've been having 2 x WW yogs for breakfast lately, 2pp!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fruit is free unless it's juiced---when juiced you get rid of the fibre and there's only 1 sachet for the whole portion of jam. So I dunno how it could have points in it. I wouldn't say your gonna use that much jam that you'd get points anyway as this makes a large portion.

Sorry was working the long day 8-8 :( but it's zero points (I assume as much as you want) you buy frozen berries from a supermarket (when my batch is done gonna try it with bought strawberries that I freeze). Put them into a pan to pretty much melt, then use something to mash or blend them. Once it's a consistency you like. Take it off the heat and add a sachet of sugar free jelly. Put it in a container in your fridge and in like 1 hour you have zero point jam. Is great. Wanna do it with strawberries next time :) and to purée it ;)

Hi.. When you said "sachet of sugar free jelly" is it jelly crystals?? or the block of jelly that you can buy almost anywhere???
I ask this coz I made some the other day using the standard pack of sachet of sugar free jelly from hartleys, and it hasn't really set. Am just wondering is it because I used too much jelly mix.. Or coz i should have used jelly crystals?

Ha I just read your other post. I used 1 of the sachets. I didn't add boiling water(saw someone said to do that) I just pretty much melted the fruit and then add the jelly and I blitz it cause I prefer it that way haha. :)

Not sure about now, but I remember our WW leader told us not to eat WW yogurts as they have little or no calcium in them.. They take out what they can in order to make their foods low fat... Ironic seen as they push the fact that its the "healthy way" to lose weight and they take out the important factor in foods.. and add salt and sweeteners!!!

Back