Breakfast Ideas.

Fruit smoothie with skimmed milk or fat free yogurt with oats in it.
I make this for me and my husband everyday for breakfast - we eat it with a spoon like a yogurt rather than a drink.
Keeps us full till lunch too!!

What fruit do u use is it just the fruit and either milk or yoghurt?

I use 1 banana 1 orange and two big table spoons of frozen fruits. Sometimes a ring of tinned pineapple in juice too. I add a glug of natural yogurt then a glug of milk.

I love going to the Market and getting cheap fruit and veg or aldi.

Note to self - kiwi and melon do not smoothie well!

I no this sounds stupid but do u defrost ur frozen fruit first

sarah88 said:
I no this sounds stupid but do u defrost ur frozen fruit first

When I'm doing a smoothie I don't defrost mine I just throw it straight into the blender and I think it does be much nicer :) actually when I buy my strawberries fresh I freeze them so they keep and it's great just throw it into blender with a bit of fat free yogurt and it does fill u up sometimes I'd throw in a ww vanilla yogurt with it . Or a toffee yoghurt with a banana ( makes me fill like I'm having banoffee lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love banoffee, ww yoghurts aren't free tho are they?

Nope theyre not free on sf.
It really depends on how good your blender Is. I throw mine in frozen but sometimes there is a large un blended blackberry! Lol

Lidl do large bags of frozen strawberries for £1.99 and they're yummy!

I have always brought fresh fruit but thinking frozen will be cheaper, is it as tasty?

I have started having weetabix and bananna - filling and fast and not a tastless as i remeber from childhood

sarah88 said:
I love banoffee, ww yoghurts aren't free tho are they?

No but they are only one point which is good cause they are nice .

And my smoothie does never have lumps and my blender was actually only a cheap one from Argos 23. Euro or something but it's great for the smoothies and soup :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ready brek is also free - that's what I'm having at the moment as it's a bit easier to make in the mornings when I'm busy getting everyone out to work and school.

I have always brought fresh fruit but thinking frozen will be cheaper, is it as tasty?

Frozen fruit is great for smoothies and I like to keep it in for snacking on , or having with yogurt or crumpets for breakfast. It's just as tasty (I think so anyway) and the best thing - it doesn't go off quickly. Fresh berries are great if you use them the day you buy them, but for those of us who only get to shop once a week, the frozen are much better.

I have started having weetabix and bananna - filling and fast and not a tastless as i remeber from childhood

Weetabix wasn't free when I looked online and in the shopping guide. Though I don't really understand why as it's just whole wheat as far as I can see. Anyway, I've been having it some days too.

Is it ok to have crumpets with scrambled eggs for breakfast or too much ?

Crumpets and scrambled egg is fine as lon as u eat till satisfied,

I've just had some porridge and its actually not as bad as I thought it was...and im totally stuffed!

Had some chopped banana on it...what else can I put on it and still be free on simply filling???

Cinnamon, u could heat raspberries up into a coolie and put that on, sweetener?

Back