Breakfast Ideas.

I discussed this at my Ww meeting this morning ... And beef move is too fatty apparently .. And to mince a beef steak yourself or to buy steak mince which is readily available in supermarkets :))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm just make some fruity oat bars that are free on h&f...theyre in the oven as we speak I'll let you all know what they're like...thought they would be good if you haven't got time to grab any breakfast?!

I'm just make some fruity oat bars that are free on h&f...theyre in the oven as we speak I'll let you all know what they're like...thought they would be good if you haven't got time to grab any breakfast?!

mmm I've yet to try the fruit ones, are you using apples?

I made them with an options sachet the other day and didn't like them

Just got them out they are yum....I used mashed banana, blueberries and grated apple, they are lovely...I'll post the recipe in a min

Here's the recipe

FRUITY OAT FINGERS

10 oz porridge oats
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 eating apple, grated
1 punnet blueberries
1 egg, beaten
3 dessertspoonfuls sweetener
teaspoon cinnamon

Line a swiss roll tin with foil and spray with Frylight.
Mix all ingredients together well and spread into tin.
Flatten and bake for 30 minutes . Gas 4/180 C/ 350 F
Cut into 12 fingers.

This might be nice, but I haven't tried it myself so hope it's ok!

FRENCH TOAST - MAKES 3 SERVINGS
Ingredients:
6 slices Weight watchers bread
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
salt to taste

Directions:

Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high flame, using healthy oil or spray.
Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot, maybe with some raspberries/blueberries and a dollop of free fromage frais

OAT PANCAKES - These freeze well, reheat in microwave for a quick breakfast

60g porridge oats (or 90g oats and 2 eggs)
1 egg
vanilla extract
skimmed milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash lemon juice
sweetener to taste

Blitz the oats in a blender to a rough flour texture, mix the egg with the skimmed milk, vanilla and other ingredients, ladle spoonfuls of mixture onto a hot frying pan sprayed with Spray Light. Cook on moderate heat. You could press some fresh or frozen blueberries into the pancakes as they are cooking. When bubbles appear (NOT that pet chimp! :p) flip over the other side to cook a few mins. I usually make pancakes with 2 pans on the go to speed up the process, have the 2nd pan hot and you can flip the 1st pancake in there and get the next on on. Experiment with the amount of milk, I never measure so didn't give an exact amount. The mixture should not be runny but thick enough. You could serve with any extras you wish to point, such as creme fraiche or..yum yum, soya cream. Also great with maple syrup, point it according to how much you use individually. I like these! I'm sure you could whizz up some buckwheat as well to try instead of oats for a change, or indeed, a mix of both?

1 egg
vanilla extract
skimmed milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash lemon juice
sweetener to taste

Blitz the oats in a blender to a rough flour texture, mix the egg with the skimmed milk, vanilla and other ingredients, ladle spoonfuls of mixture onto a hot frying pan sprayed with Spray Light. Cook on moderate heat. You could press some fresh or frozen blueberries into the pancakes as they are cooking. When bubbles appear (NOT that pet chimp! :p) flip over the other side to cook a few mins. I usually make pancakes with 2 pans on the go to speed up the process, have the 2nd pan hot and you can flip the 1st pancake in there and get the next on on. Experiment with the amount of milk, I never measure so didn't give an exact amount. The mixture should not be runny but thick enough. You could serve with any extras you wish to point, such as creme fraiche or..yum yum, soya cream. Also great with maple syrup, point it according to how much you use individually. I like these! I'm sure you could whizz up some buckwheat as well to try instead of oats for a change, or indeed, a mix of both?

BRILLIANT! :D :D That's tomorrow's breakfast sorted, thank you :)

You're welcome! You can even make the batter the night before and keep covered in the fridge overnight, just give it a mix-up with the ladle before you use it

Gemma1986 said:
Thank you , didn't no you can have shredded wheat

I have it quite alot ... =) xxxxxxx

M and M said:

1 egg
vanilla extract
skimmed milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash lemon juice
sweetener to taste

Omg! They sound lush!

Back