Breakfast & lunchideas

Baby-belle

Gold Member
Thought we could start a thread about breakfast and lunch ideas, I always have cereal or toast for brekky then a sandwich or pasta for lunch which is mega carbs and wandered what every one else has so we can share for ideas ?

my breakfasts are standard ... porridge/egg on toast/egg & beans...followed by x2 fruits usually apple & banana

I struggle for ideas with breakfast and lunch... now winter is coming, i like hot weetabix with either a teaspoon or jam or some banana. For lunch i think ill start making some zero or low point soup. I love spicy ones like Sweet Potato and Chilli... perfect for colder days!!

My breakfast is either choc weetabix, oatso simple or belvita biscuits and lunch is either soup, warbies wraps pizza, beans or egg on toast or something like that x

Great ideas people, I think I might make some soup today, hmmm but what for breakfast I think a smoothie and maybe eggs and toast! I missed smoothies as you have to syn them on slimming world!

I always treat myself on a Sunday with nice breakfasts. A current favourite is bacon and pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum yum yum!!

I have heinz big soups there like 7pp each tin but so filling and well worth the points! X

I made a pizza today on a wrap it was so nice and felt naughty! It did come to 13pp as I loaded it up but I have the points so I used them

I always end up having too little points, so I spread them during the day. For breakfast I usually have 35g chocolate ready brek plus 1 medium banana plus 100g fage 0% natural yogurt with ANOTHER half banana crushed in it, 100ml orange juice and plus 1 soft boiled egg. That's 8pp in total :). Lunch I usually have a sandwich made of 2 nimble bread slices, a little bit of sainsbury's low fat spread (GFY), 50g ham and half a slice of leerdammer lightlife (6pp) or one of the ww mini pots (6pp) or 4 slices of ryvita crackerbread with 1 can of tuna in tomato dressing (4pp in total) plus 18g mixed nuts (3pp) plus 1 apple and 300g cherry tomatoes (9pp total, 7 on Friday when I have the tuna instead). Then I have the remainder for dinner... and usually I don't even get to the full 29!

That's a good way of filling up and saving points, I might try it sometimes it's just what I can handle in the morning or what time I have

Lots of good ideas here.
I make my hubbie and I two boiled eggs each on a slice of toast for breakfast or if there isn't enough time toast and chocolate spread.
Lunch times vary depending on what my workplace offer - but there is always salad and I keep a stash of WW tuna tins in my desk drawer. Looking forward to any more ideas....

I make huge pot of low/zero PP veg curry at wk end...and rice. Then take to work and zap it in mwave. Or when the wave was broken- I roasted the veg- mixed in rice and lf feta and ate it cold...both tasty. throw some In freezer and it might get you through the week. I have very demanding job too and 4 kids to make lunches and get ready for school in morning too so have to be super organised!
I do splash out on brekkie at the wkend- love Quorn Cumberland sausages, poached egg, beans all with ww bread or thin crackers and lashings of tea! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bacon and pancakes is 6pp, I think the recipe was in "your week" a few months back. I'll post the recipe for the pancakes when I'm not in bed!! Because its too cold to go find it now xx

110g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/4 pint skimmed milk

Sift flour and baking powder, whisk in egg then milk. Coat non stick pan with calorie controlled spray, and put 3 tbsp batter to make 3 pancakes. Fry till golden and flip. Keep warm and make the rest up - should make 12 in total but I usually squeeze more out!!

Grill 8 medallions of bacon and tomatoes halved. Divide equally between 4 portions and 1 tsp maple syrup on each serving.

5pp each (better than what I thought!!) and really Yummy!!

I love to have some sort of eggs and toast for breakfast. Usually have about 10pp for my breakfast. Find lunch the hardest as I often eat it in the library at uni. Love a good, cooked dinner at night too so my points are easily used up.

Back