Breakfast - what do you think?

razzledazzle

Hi all

Just wondered what you all have for breakfast??

I tend not to eat 'traditional' breakfasts such as toast, cereal or yog but wondered if this might hinder my weight loss? (had couscous for brekki today).

Think I may try having something a bit lighter instead from now on but am lacking a bit of imagination in the breakfast department.

So, what delights do you have at breakfast time? And do you think that having a full meal rather than saaayyy fruit and yog would slow down my weight loss??

Thanks

J x

I have my 28g of Bran Flakes (HexB) with a pot of plain activia yogurt (1 syn), and blueberries. I eat it slowly and savour it. I really enjoy it, especially as there are some really sweet blueberries about at the moment. Mmmmm....

I try to vary my breakfast, more to relieve boredom than for weight loss purpose but I am currently on frozen forest fruits (defrosted!) with natural yoghurt and a weetabix (3 syns) crumbled on top. I find the weetabix helps to keep me fuller for longer.

I like weetabix with fresh berries and milk and on a weekend I have a full cooked breakfast and find I only need a fruit snack mid afternoon, it keeps me going until my evening meal.

I never have toast (unless it has egg or beans on it) as I'm hungry within minutes!!

Grab asparagus whilst it's still in season and dip it into boiled eggs, posh soldiers! And it's free!

I do like breakfasts where you don't need a HEX choice too.

Im not adventurous at all with breakfast so I have plain old cereal with milk but change it every week.

What about making a smoothie...blend fruit & ice...dont think there's anything else that goes in that isn't free. That would prob be filling & a nice start to the day.

What about making a smoothie...blend fruit & ice...dont think there's anything else that goes in that isn't free. That would prob be filling & a nice start to the day.

Ooh, you'd have to syn it though! Blended fruit and all that but probably best not to go there again! :(

If its only fruit do you have to use syns??! I cant remember what else goes in, havn't made one in so long!

I normally have weetabix, had it with water and sweetener today, was nice, didn't think it would be without milk.

I normally have porridge oats with jam on green days and either nimble toast with jam or wheatabix with cut up banana on original days.

I have either:-
  • HEB cereal and HEA milk and Splenda if needed
  • sauteed mushrooms (sometimes garlic mushrooms)
  • eggs.... poached, scrambled, fried etc
  • lean bacon
  • omelettes filled with mushrooms, onions, ham etc
  • fruit salad and yoghurt
  • bacon sandwich (HEB for the bread)
  • bacon and egg sandwich lol
The list goes on and on.
I love breakfast. Im always completely starving when I come back from school run and I like to eat a really big breakfast...really sets me up for the day

i have a sandwich everyday on best of both bread no butter usually ham or cheese then i know where i stand green or red day

If its only fruit do you have to use syns??! I cant remember what else goes in, havn't made one in so long!

yep, as soon as fruit is blended, cooked or pureed, it becomes synned. it's to do with the amount you can consume, how full you feel and how the body digests it.

I never like to eat first thing in the morning so what I do is take a frut salad of sorts that I make up and eat it between 9 and 10 in the morning so that I've had a brekkie. I love my fruit fix in the morning :D

I enjoy my eggs for brekkie every day, today I had 3 scrambled eggs and 3 mushrooms poached in a little water, lovely...

I always have weetabix cause I'd rather have sleep than take the time to prepare breakfast. And on the days when I don't have to be anywhere, I sleep in too late to have breakfast!

I never used to eat brekkie as cereal in a morning makes me feel icky, but last time i did sw i saw the results when i did! ;)

I generally have Yoghurt and Fruit (this morning i had strawberries, blueberries and fat free natural yoghurt, but i have aything from watermelon to mango or raspberries too).

Omelette, usually bacon and mushroom with a HEA of cheese or alternatively Sausage (morrisons eat smart) with tomato and cheese. i chuck in lots of fresh herbs and onion too.

Poached eggs and bacon or scrambled egg and bacon with tinned tomatoes.

Kippers and poached eggs

Cheese toasties or cheese on toast (using he a and b)

Those of you who only usually have a light breakfast, do you see a difference in your weightloss if you change to a 'meal' at breakfast time?

Jx

Those of you who only usually have a light breakfast, do you see a difference in your weightloss if you change to a 'meal' at breakfast time?

Jx

Not really as if i have a light breakfast then I need plenty of lunch and if I have a cooked breakfast then i don't need lunch, just fruit. It all evens itself out for me!

if i have time in the morning ( and i'm not a morning person at all!!!) i love eggs!
Scrambled with mushrooms and toast - if i havent had time i usually have cornflakes with semi skimmed milk and an apple. :D x

Back