Breakfast -

Something that's going to be quite hard to get my head around for me, is eating in the mornings. I know it's so bad not to but I just never have. I don't like milk so cereal is off limits for me.

What do you eat for breakfast?

I used to eat a lot of dry cereal - I'd take it to work in a pot and nibble on it all morning! Now I tend not to eat until 11am, then it's a cereal bar or some dried apricots. How about fruit with low fat yogurt on it, another of my current favourites - or don't you like yogurt either? Eggs? Can't stand them myself, but a lot of people seem to like something like poached egg on toast or similar for breakfast. All the best! xx

Lol, not at all! I'm not a huge fan of milk myself and firmly believe eggs are the devil's work. My sister hates milk and has always had orange juice on cereal - sounds bizarre, but she seems to like it! xx

I hate having breakfast - so usually have either a banana or a kiwi - not a big breakfast but more a matter of forcing myself to get into a pattern of having something for breakfast. Still get days were I forget like today!!!

If I go to work ill eat breakfast, but on my days off sometimes I don't bother eating till 3-4pm which is really bad! I'm just too busy doing housework or facing around and forget to eat!

But when I do eat my breakfasts I have nimble bread with laughing cow and half a grapefruit

Oooh, it used to be eggs, usually scrambled. But I ended up eating eggs too often and got sick of them! Oops. I really should try to get back to eating them as they are really good for you.

I don't like having breakfast before heading to work as I usually end up feeling sick. Before SW I could easily go until 1pm before eating and then have a decent lunch, no snacks, a decent dinner with pudding then nothing again until the next day.

I've been forcing myself to have something each morning when I get to work though and I'm getting better at it. It takes me over an hour to eat my bowl of whatever I have, but I do feel the difference as I can't eat as much at lunchtime. The other day I didn't have any breakfast, had a light lunch and by 4pm I was shaking as I don't think I'd had enough food to keep my body going. I will not be doing that again.

I used to eat cereal with yogurt as i'm lactose intolerant - nice and crunchy too:). Now i'm a bacon and eggs girl - even yummier:)

So there are new views that skipping breakfast if you aren't hungry is fine if it suits you and doesn't make you eat "badly" the rest of the day. Google intermittent fasting or fasting windows for more info

Back