Breakfast

cuckoo

Hi. How important is it really to eat breakfast?. I don't eat breakfast. Just a cup of coffee, however I am not tempted to graze throughout the morning. I wait until lunch then have quite a light lunch. I very rarely eat between meals. I am just trying to discover why I am not losing any weight. I stick to between 1000 and 1400 calories a day. I am not very active and am in my mid fifties
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I don't eat breakfast either, nor do I snack between meals... There's quite a few scientific studies that show intermittent fasting is beneficial for a multitude of reasons - so skipping breakfast and essentially fasting for 16 hours (or more) constitutes as IF. Could your stall be due to the source of the calories? I find when I stick to more protein/vegetable high meals the weight does come off as opposed to relying on processed/carb rich foods. Not all calories are equal and are metabolised differently. Fats and protein fill us up for longer and give better energy as opposed to sugar and refined carbs which are used up a lot quicker and store in our systems more readily. Also past crash dieting / regular dieting may have had an effect on your metabolism so that's another thing to consider. :)

Back