Breaking the cycle

Beccubug

Silver Member
Does anyone know of any good books that could help with the reasons for overeating and yo-yo dieting? i am trying to think long term about not getting bcak to this place again.

Thats a good post. Something to do with boosting your self esteem or how to control your emotions. Susan Jeffers writes some good stuff. Claire x

Best one I know is Gillian Riley's 'Eating Less'.

:D

Thanks Lily.

I don't know about anyone else but I feel this time that I realy need to address the reasons why I do this. Last time I lost weight I got down to a size 8 and now I am an 18 again, I know I can lose the weight but now I need to tackle the eating, I know the maintenance steps are supposed to help with this but it is not that I don't know that things are bad it is that I convince myself that I "need" or "deserve" them or any other excuse I can come up with.

Thanks for that Gaelic Faery, I will have a look for that one.

Try looking for books on CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) this is used in LL groups to look at why we over eat and helps us to manage our triggers etc
CBT for dummies may be a good one

Thanks SurreyStar, I thought of possibly going for some CBT, I will have to look into it.

Paul Mckenna was on radio one this am advertising he's new book sold me ! I need to break the habbit of wanting sweet things think i'm gonna give him ago so i don't pile it on in maintanance.

Back