Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hi there I am new to the group I have just started back at slimming world as I gained 3st of baby weight. My lo is 7 weeks I am loving the extra HE while breastfeeding!

Hi! I'm Claire :) I've got 3 under 3! A girl Jorja who's 2, a 15 month old boy called Oliver and a 5 week old called Elliott who I am exclusively boobiefeeding! Don't get me wrong it's hard work but it's worth it :) I rejoined slimming world last week in attempt to lose 3st 4lbs for my wedding in July next year! :) xx

Evening all

I have just graduated from the pregnancy threads to breast feeding! My lil yellow bump turned into a must precious blue bundle following a c section on Wednesday (two weeks early)!

We are currently learning together re breast feeding and am planning to get back in track SW wise as soon as practically possible!

Thought I would say hi

Kez x

Hey, just wondering if anyone is still around on here? Brand new mummy alert!

My gorgeous son Seth is 12 days old and we're trying to breastfeed, it's been a rocky start but we're both getting better at it day by day. He has one bottle of formula in the evening at the moment to top up but I'm hoping to scale that back as he's gaining weight well and I don't think he needs it tbh. I found the constant feeding difficult to cope with mentally to start with but I'm getting more into the swing of it now.

I'm not back at SW yet, gonna wait until the new year and restart then but hoping to chat to those more experienced than me! I've found breastfeeding so difficult so far and I'm sure I will have a tonne of questions...

I

Hi missy I'm currently still bf my 6month old little boy while doing sw plus I am also maternity support worker based in community so bf is about 60% of my job so if you have any questions feel free to direct them this way! Well done for getting to 12 days the first two weeks are definitely the hardest so you have done brilliant x

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Missy,

Congrats again on Seth - Osian is a month old today and bf is getting easier!

I went to a local BF support group last Friday which was really encouraging! Wa hoping to pick up sons tips here as well and get totally back on the old SW!

Much love x x

Hi Missy
Im still booby feeding my just turned 2 yo lol. Got straight back on SW 1 wk after he was born. U get lots more healthy extras so found it quite easy. Your consultant should give u a leaflet with all the info. Well done getting through the first 2 wks. Its tough but it does get better! Combi feeding is absolutely fine and dont let any HV tell u different! I found breastfeeding support group fab even if its just for a pat on ur back for being a fab mummy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the replies ladies :) It does feel like things are getting better, the first week was awful as my milk was slow to come in (I had a c section) and no matter how much I fed him it never seemed to be enough! I've not been to any groups yet but I have had the breastfeeding support lady out to see me and she was really helpful. That plus a massive supply of Lansinoh seems to be helping and Seth's doing much better now and settling easier after a feed too. We managed without formula last night which I'm really happy about! The HV has been great though and totally happy with the idea of combi feeding, she said it's much better that than me end up getting stressed and giving up breastfeeding entirely.

I have the SW leaflet but not quite ready to start back yet. I'm planning on letting the Xmas food run out and then start again in ernest in the new year. ;)

Kez - glad to hear you and Osian are doing well! It's nice to have somewhere that we can all keep up with how our babies are getting on after the pregnancy thread, especially with them being so close in age :) x

Hi Missy, congratulations on your little baby! Have you started sw yet? Feeding is SO bloody hard to begin with, my milk was slow to come in too and my daughter also had a tongue tie which caused big weightloss and endless feeding. Promise it gets easier and it sounds like you are already doing brilliantly! I don't think there is enough preparation for just how much new babies feed in the beginning. I had no idea about growth spurts and cluster feeding for example, or that they feed so much to increase supply. Kellymom.com is a really useful website and there is a breastfeeding team app for iPhone/iPad which is great too.

I'm starting up again today but doing it online at the moment. I've got an 18 week old and need to lose about 3 stone of baby weight!

I'm starting up again today but doing it online at the moment. I've got an 18 week old and need to lose about 3 stone of baby weight!

My daughter is 19 weeks and I'm still breast feeding. I've been doing SW for a week now but going at it alone because I'm in Dubai so we don't have group here but I have all the books. I was a member online before I fell pregnant but have decided not to join online this time.

i'm also trying to lose about 3 stone. I lost about 1.5 stone after I gave birth so I'm about a stone heavier than I was before I fell pregnant but I was overweight before so I would like to be 10 stone because I know that's a good weight for me :)

Hi Missy, congratulations on your little baby! Have you started sw yet? Feeding is SO bloody hard to begin with, my milk was slow to come in too and my daughter also had a tongue tie which caused big weightloss and endless feeding. Promise it gets easier and it sounds like you are already doing brilliantly! I don't think there is enough preparation for just how much new babies feed in the beginning. I had no idea about growth spurts and cluster feeding for example, or that they feed so much to increase supply. Kellymom.com is a really useful website and there is a breastfeeding team app for iPhone/iPad which is great too. I'm starting up again today but doing it online at the moment. I've got an 18 week old and need to lose about 3 stone of baby weight!

Aw, thank you! It's hard work but Seth's amazing <3 Its true, nothing anyone told me prepared me for how hard feeding is. It's had me close to losing the plot at times but we're still going somehow and in the last week he's only had one bottle of formula which I'm really proud of! I'm fairly sure that he's gained a good bit of weight so looking forward to seeing the HV later this week and getting him weighed.

I was gonna restart this week but have decided that I'll start the diet on Friday and my first day back at group will be the Thursday afterwards. Looking forward to group and showing Seth off to everyone :) xxx

My daughter is 19 weeks and I'm still breast feeding. I've been doing SW for a week now but going at it alone because I'm in Dubai so we don't have group here but I have all the books. I was a member online before I fell pregnant but have decided not to join online this time. i'm also trying to lose about 3 stone. I lost about 1.5 stone after I gave birth so I'm about a stone heavier than I was before I fell pregnant but I was overweight before so I would like to be 10 stone because I know that's a good weight for me :)[/QUOTE

I lost 5.5 stone before I fell pregnant and regained 3 stone during pregnancy. No idea what I've lost as I haven't weighed myself since Seth was born so will figure out my goal weight and how much I have to lose next week :)

How are you getting on with SW? I'm really looking forward to all the extra HEX's you get when you breastfeed - I do green days so I think I get 7!! xxx

How are you getting on with SW? I'm really looking forward to all the extra HEX's you get when you breastfeed - I do green days so I think I get 7!! xxx

Hi Missy! So far so good. I'm one week in and I'm going to weigh myself this evening. I'm doing EE so I'm having 4 HEXA and 2 HEXB. My only problem is I am struggling to use 15 Syns! When I did SW before I used to use my Syns on extra milk/cheese/bread but now I get extra anyway I don't know what to use them on! My husband keeps telling me to just have some chocolate but I'm worried I'll have one little bit and then I'll want more and more!

Hi Missy! So far so good. I'm one week in and I'm going to weigh myself this evening. I'm doing EE so I'm having 4 HEXA and 2 HEXB. My only problem is I am struggling to use 15 Syns! When I did SW before I used to use my Syns on extra milk/cheese/bread but now I get extra anyway I don't know what to use them on! My husband keeps telling me to just have some chocolate but I'm worried I'll have one little bit and then I'll want more and more!

I never have trouble using my syns lol, mine have always been used for chocolate and crisps etc ;) I always use all of my syns and you can have a proper sized chocolate bar for under 15 syns so why not do that? Would be a nice treat for end of day!

I'm planning on making lots of hot choc with milk to use to my extra HEXAs, I got obsessed with hot choc while I was pregnant and the obsession continues! xxx

My daughter is 19 weeks and I'm still breast feeding. I've been doing SW for a week now but going at it alone because I'm in Dubai so we don't have group here but I have all the books. I was a member online before I fell pregnant but have decided not to join online this time.

i'm also trying to lose about 3 stone. I lost about 1.5 stone after I gave birth so I'm about a stone heavier than I was before I fell pregnant but I was overweight before so I would like to be 10 stone because I know that's a good weight for me :)

Hi! I lost a stone before becoming pregnant too! Hoping to get more off this time before having any more babies!

Sounds like you are doing fab Missy!

im loving all the healthy extras we are allowed. I'm a big cheese fiend so having no trouble using them all at the moment! I also like to use my syns on chocolate. Need to look up how many syns are in a Twirl as they are my favourite! Will be doing mainly green days as veggie but trying to still have plenty of super free with my meals.

good luck guys!

Back