Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

Thanks darl, good advice. Does CD packs have a nutritional chart on the packs; curious to compare the protein, carb and fat.

I've just had dinner out, 1 wine, 200g of salmon and 1 (egg ring size/patty size?) gnocchi cake thingy??? and a mineral water. Three meals today and no fruit, but totally full and only going to have green teas and water in front of the telly tonight.

Back to the gym (1hr 15mins) in the morning and fruit the footy. We may have dinner out after and I'll only have 1 wine at the game. Sunday however will be a quiet one.

X

it does hon but i'm at work so can't tell you but will have a look when i get home.. oh, hang on. i have a tetra...

per 100ml:
68.6kcal, 7g protein, 7g carbs, 1.4g, fibre 1.25g.

but then there is a list of about 30 vits and about another 30 or so minerals that i'm not typing out, ha.

abz xx

Well done Abz!! Goal 3 achieved!!

Well my drinks are 200ml and about 117cal, 17.9g protein, 1.5g fat and 3.8g carbs, 20 vitamins and minerals, but i'm taking a multi every day and a flaxseed oil capsule. Only time will tell next thursday if i have lost. Tummy does feel smaller and i have done 3 days of exercise since monday. Just going now to start an exercise diary!!!

Hope you are all in for a relaxing weekend.

Bren
xx

i am off to a mate's house today and he's cooking us all dinner :) salmon and boiled potatoes and salad. sounds good to me and my 1000 plan, ha. getting a little sick of chicken... :D

the scales haven't budged for a couple of days, although they have stabalised which is good. they were all over the place before. i'm upping my water intake this weekend. after being able to drink other things like diet coke etc my water intake has plummeted somewhat and i want to get it back up there!!

OH is at the shop buying fruit at the moment, hee. i run out rather fast on four pieces a day...

abz xx

Hey Abz you should try not to drink Diet Coke as the caffeine or try caffeine free instead.

I have had 4 wines over the course of the weekend and yesterday at the football I had a small chips for dinner.... Still I missed lunch and came home to have a protein drink and another 800ml of water, stayed up for 3 hours and then went to bed. I am starting to get that skinny feeling and my tummy is I think slightly smaller!!!! yay......

I dont feel guilty about the wine, although I would have liked it to have been only 2 glasses but it was the last game of the season and we lined up 3 hours before kick off! As for the chips.. well its done now.

I'm going to email off a few more job applications this morning and then off to the gym.

Bren
X

you're doing really well bren. careful you don't starve yourself though. make sure you are having the amount of drinks a day you are supposed to along with your meal. don't want your body going into starvation mode...

so happy you are starting to get the thin feeling again :D

abz xx

Thanks, although today I had 2 meals; vege soup (home made) and poached eggs on toast.

I also went to the gym and drank 4ltrs of water. No fruit though!

X

In 3 weeks I go back to Perth for 5 days catching up with friends and family and then 8 days working 15 hour shifts at a carnival, which I do every year. I manage to eat very well at the carnival as I pre make all my meals and just buy fresh fruit!

For the 5 days though I will have 1 shake a day and try to have a second but might just have to choose salad's off the menu's as I will be dining out alot.......

Working the show though will be difficult to stay on 2 shakes and a meals as the show is really full on. But I will be taking a protein tub with me all the same when I go back to Perth.

Any input here ladies???

Bren

Abz dont think I am starving myself being really careful and taking multivitamins.
X

I have eaten a little extra today... a bigger dinner (followed by 1hr of cardio a the gym), a protein bar, pumpkin seeds... but what really has upset my tummy is basil pesto (1TBS heaped in my dinner) totally got cramps now and a bloated feeling. Also had a diet lemonade and a small biscuit. I could be any one of these. But trying to get the water down in the next hour or so and wait another 30 mins before going to bed.

Really busy at work today and I also have a job interview on Wednesday, hence I think the extra eating however did go to the gym and today is my day off (the gym). I have another pair of work pants that I wore about 6 months ago for the interview of the job I am currently in and they dont do up anymore so this is a goal!!! Think it will be the 4kilos I would like to be rid of in the next few weeks!

Also thinking about going back to Cohen's after thursday not sure??? I suppose I just want to know if what I'm doing is working or have I wasted the last 8 days?

Bren
X

We both know Cohens works fantastically & we would both love to be able to get back onto it 100% & feel & look as great as we did first time round BUT.....

what keeps happening everytime we try to get back onto Cohens? We fail, its too restrictive, it makes us feel like we're failing & we end up maintaining or worse putting on weight!!

I think we almost need to forget that Cohens exists & find something that works both in the losing weight sense & the fits in with our lifestyles sense... now if only it was an easy answer to find???

What do you reckon? xx

just eat three meals a day.. why bother spending loads of money on diets that make you hungrey? if I were you I would buy a few magzines with diets in to give you ideas on what to have.

Bren,
Hope you're doing ok.
I don't know what Cohens is exactly, however I feel ditzee blond may be right... more than anything you need to find something sustainable which works for you. There's no point in yo-yo-ing.
Keep your chin up hun.

~Silence~

hey bren. i think you're doing great. wait until you've measured in and see how you are going before you decide what to do. if you aren't happy with it then it might be worth looking at something like sw where you can eat a range of things to fuel all the exercise you do. what clothes size are you at the mo if you don't mind telling? or failing that, what size do you want to get to?

abz xx

Abz, currently a size 12 - 14 but use to be a 10 - 12, or a steady 12. I just want to get back there.

I measured my waist this morning and still the same so.... I will measure again i the morning and see. I did however start back with the Cohen's foods today and feel better and plan to follow it tomorrow as well.

Thin I will do this for a few months now until before Xmas but if I want a wine or a meal out on the weekend I am going to have it! Really a lifestyle change but with sticking to these foods I know that the weight will some off even if it's not a fast as I would like it and eating the occassional banana etc (not allowed on Cohen's) will help me to continue training as I'm managing about 4 sessions a week at the moment and loving it!

Hope everyone is doing well. A busy last few days for me with a job hunting and an interview so will catch up with everyone's posts on the weekend. Take care and love you all.

Bren
XX

good luck with it bren. i'm off to denmark in the morning but i'll pop on occasionally. see you all later :)

abz xx

Thanks you two!

After doing the shakes for 10 days and not really loosing anything around the waist but I was quite disciplined I think now that Cohen's will be right for me.

Going to stick with it and when somethings comes up it come up. Mon - Fri should be easy and this weekend when I ate out I had salads and 4 glasses of wine for the weekend but to tell you the truth I would have been happy with water.

We bike rode all day on Saturday and Sunday (today) i walked for an hour in the morning and then went to the gym this evening!

I did email a lady about CD in Melbourne and it's $100 AU a week I might do it after I get back from Perth in about 4 weeks but I'm going to follow Cohen's for the next 2 weeks until I leave and low calorie, salads and part Cohen's whilst in Perth for the 2 weeks.

Hope you have all had a good weekend and I'll chat to you again tomorrow.

Things have been a little hectic with job interviews and a sick hubby (skin problems)

Take care

Bren
XXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Bren!
Well done on all that exercise! wow!!!
Good luck on Cohens for the coming weeks hun.

Paris was amazing btw (in response to your question in my diary) :)
~Silence~

Thanks Silence.

Well day one today, went well ate a little extra but only with cheese crackers and extra fruit. Not getting worked up about it and I've lost 1cm off my waist but not going to change my ticker until Friday morning after a good 5 days. Feel better being on something that I know works. I also think my increased hunger is due to all the exercise I've done in the past few days.

Fingers are still crossed and I'm also thinking about praying to the gods to keep my on track!!!

Bren

X

Back