Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

I have just written a food plan for the next week and looking forward to starting it in the morning. Lots of water again, as this has been lacking recently with all the travelling. Going to aim for 3 meals and 3 snacks and watch my points, although I think I am under on most days so will try and bump up to 18 points if I am feeling like it.

Trying to use my old food groups from my Cohen's days and some of the principles. Tomorrow will be;
yoghurt, flaxseeds, cinnamon and nutmeg
coffee, 2 crispbreads
tuna and raw veg salad, 2 crispbreads
sprite zero and 1 mango
baked fish and vege
stewed apple (using sprite zero) and a g/tea

If I feel hungry I am going to have a 1.5pt bar and a coffee extra in the afternoon. Also going for an evening walk with a friend and planning on the gym for 40 mins in the morning. Oh yeah and 2.5 ltrs of water.

Well the scales say a 800gm gain, about 2lbs. Not bad considering my two trips away, where wine became the new water!

Just eaten my yoghurt and about to do 40 mins at the gym, then the grocery shopping and a walk with a friend this afternoon. Feeling positive about my food regime for the week. Roll on these 4 weeks and goodbye to those extra kilos. I have a pair of black trousers which are my goal for when work starts.

x

sounds fab Bren :D good luck with the gym - do you enjoy it? xxx

Rach, yeah i do enjoy the gym. Problem is I am so negative about being overweight that I have slowly convinced myself that it is a chore to go. Must admit being busy with work makes me exhausted too but I have made a rule to stay at work until my work is done so when i come home I can go to the gym and have down time with myself/hubby.

Jess, I love water. Must admit some days I do struggle to drink my 2.5 but generally no less than 1.5. It really does help.

I am off to a flying start today, although I have snuck in a 20gm slice of mozzarella cheese with my 2 crisp breads. However the book I have just ordered and hopefully will arrive this week, trains you to think differently about food. Like only craving what your body wants and not feeling guilty about eating a treat (I am notorious for this). Really addresses that peoples minds are what contribute to holding them back even though they might not be eating alot (also me).

I am nervous about starting it as I still want to continue on with WW and being weighed weekly. I also think that the food it encourages is very similar to WW. One difference is that it talks about feeding your body vits and minerals such as pro biotics and omega's. So before I start this I am going to give a week or two really focused and make a dent in the numbers on the scales. I do already feel quite relieved about not being obsessed as much as before about food and tormenting myself like I was in the lead up to WW.

yoghurt, flaxseeds, cinnamon and nutmeg - DONE
coffee, 2 crispbreads - DONE, ADDED SOME CHEESE
tuna and raw veg salad, 2 crispbreads - DONE
sprite zero NOT DONE and 1 mango - DONE
baked fish and vege
stewed apple (using sprite zero) and a g/tea

I am so on plan today and have drunk 1.5 ltrs so far and will soon be hitting the 2.5ltr mark by around 7ish.

Looking forward to seeing a little loss in the morning? Just going to check tomorrow and then wait until Sat when I have WI.

x

Well I had a little couscous with dinner and also another slice of mozzarella and a cracker. Drunk just over 2ltrs of water (not quite the 2.5 but hey ho). And to my delight this morning the scales have said I have lost 700gm! Chuffed with that and hoping to be in the 74's by WI on Sat.

x

Having another top day even though I have had to do banking and organise many tedious things that do sh*t me and in general just make my stress, even though I can do them?!:confused: This is a trigger for me as I would normally want to go and eat before I do these tasks. However, I have had great will power, probably due to my little loss on the scales this morning.:rolleyes:

So thinking about the gym now and then going for a walk after tea with a friend this evening.

x

Good on you for the willpower, I tend to find doing the tedious tasks actually helps my willpower as it is a great distractor.

Another little loss this morning 400gm just short of a lb (450gm).!!! YAY, so I am now back to my all time low on WW, which I hit 3 weeks ago. I may actually register a loss on Sat?

Off to another great day today. Just had 2 eggs scrambled with 2 crackers and 1/4 of avocado. Hubby has the day off and we are heading off to the pool shortly for a sauna and steam. I'm going to walk there while he drives and does a few laps before I arrive. I cannot go in the pool as I have fake tan on in prep for the wedding on Sat arvo. Oh the things we girls do......

Bren
X

I'm not weighing this morning, just going to wait now until Sat WI. Off to the gym and got some shopping and other running around to do. Meeting a friend for coffee in 3 hours. And really trying to stay positive and forget that I am even dieting. Writing a weekly plan and not telling myself that I am on a diet is really empowering. I would like to continue feeling like this and think it will help with the weight falling off.

Also cannot wait for my book 'the gabriel method to arrive".

Well off now and will do diaries later.

Bren
XX

Gym was great this morning even though i think I only managed 40 mins? I feel so much better going in the morning. I must find a way to do this when work starts??

Just had lunch but before I did went to test for Ketosis and happily I am in the dusty pink, the middle one! YAY!!! Roll on Sat WI.

Tonight I am going to watch a UK DJ who went to my hubby's primary school in Woodmanstern, Surrey. ROOTS MANOUVER! Seen him before but should be a blast. Hopping to avoid the alcohol too and just have diet coke or soda water.

I'm having a very positive day and really feeling confident that some weight is going to shift in the next 3 weeks before I start back at school. Dont want to buy too many new works clothes yet, would like to fit into some ones i already own!

Bren
X

What a strange coincidence.... I was born and brought up not far from Woodmansterne, in fact at one stage I lived in Woodmansterne Lane!

Hope you have fun tonight and good luck with the weight loss! :D

Hey Bren

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year.
The gabriel method sounds intriguing... its amazing how we keep reverting back to Cohens foods. I'm also using them as the main base of my eating now.. need to keep focused on the low carbs for keeps now!

lotza love to you misses. xxx

looks like you're doing fabulously bren :D

it's so fab to see you linzi. how are you doing? love your avatar :D

morning Bren! how was WI? did you have it yet? im sure you will have / will do brilliantly anyhow :D

im the same as you with banking etc.. i can do it, but it stresses me out for some unknown reason and it makes me antsy and wanting to stress eat! x

Back