Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

Well going to print out the atkins foods list and do a spot of shopping tonight and look at having an atkins day tomorrow.

Calculating my net carbs is what stumps me?? I cant seem to find the fibre content on my foods?

Hi Bren

Good to see you back. Don't know if your labels are the same as us in the UK but we don't deduct the fibre its only in the States that they do that!

Atkins is great I do really well on it when I'm in the zone... its staying in the zone is what I find difficult at the mo! I think its Cohens but with choice... Jim is definately the guru on Atkins!! There is alot of info on the Atkins forum & some lovely people doing it!

I'm doing low carb shakes & an atkins meal... the one thing I found was that I craved fruit... so I allow myself berries & cream on induction which shouldn't officially be allowed!

Hope your doing well babes... you've been missed. xx

Thanks Linz!

A very very very busy day to say the least. Just looking at the Atkins foods again and will try and work out what to have?

Will post again later. Agreed that without fruit it may be difficult. Although the joy of having an atkins bar also sounds good!

X

The lack of fruit is the big thing for me, but maybe there's a way round it? Could you adapt it so that you could include some fruit in there?

Good luck with it! Enjoy the Atkins Bars :D

Bron

Well I've bought some more Atkins friendly food and I'm planning on giving it ago tomorrow, although i still haven't bought a book! I'm just relying on my research off the website and internet..... fingers crossed.

It's a long weekend this week to so hopefully if we go out I can avoid wine or just have a glass and will have to choose fish, which I dont mind.

Just about to go prepare my food for tomorrow.

Bren
X

Thanks Bron,

the web site is pretty good with some sample menu's as I do eat cheese and eggs.

Going to buy a book tonight about Atkins.

That's cool, when my dad did South Beach Diet (Atkins and SBD are pretty similar) he loved the fried eggs in a morning. That was about the only thing he enjoyed though, he's a big guy that doesn't do diets :rolleyes:

Enjoy the book! It'll definitely be interesting to see things like the recipes, I'm a sucker for cooking!

Bron

Well I bought 2 books, an Atkins Carb Counter and a Low Carb Diet for Vegetarians?? Seems to be very similar to Atkin's 20g of carbs a day.

oh fingers crossed for that diet bren, although you dont need it I'm sure.

Bron I love being a vege, 12 years now. Dont think I will ever turn back to meat. Hubby likes to think when I'm pregnant that I will!!

Fell asleep and only got about 6 pages in the book. I feel a little less bloated this morning. And I think I'm going to go for a little walk to the shops and around the park. Then marking all day and this afternoon the gym me thinks.
x

day 1 - 24g
day 2 - 23g
day 3 - 20g
day 4 - dont know??? I had pasta out with hubby... but then carb free dinner and 1 atkins bar? No breakfast today as we went on a road trip

So Low Carbbing is going okay and I know my tummy has lost a cm, so feeling good about that. Water intake has been okay. I have had headaches a little not sure if that is from giving up coffee drastically or the diet?? They happen in the morning and I do feel sometimes nauseous.

Ketostix says I'm in the first pale pink, the one up from beige.. Shall see just before bed tonight. First 2 - 3 days though I have felt like i've over eaten and really bloated. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see how I feel....

How is all who visit's my diary????

Bren
x

I'm sure you will do well on the scales :)

day 1 - 24g

I have had headaches a little not sure if that is from giving up coffee drastically or the diet??

x

it could be a bit of both especially if you've had less carbs.
I've cut down on propper tea and coffee, I have decaf!

Awesome! My fiance keeps wanting me to say "I fancy a steak in cheese sauce, with fried eggs on the side", I think it's a guy thing :rolleyes: Do you find it pretty easy living in a "mixed" relationship, or does your hubby like trying new things?

Well done on a good start to the Atkins! I think the going cold turkey on the coffee might be the big reason for the headaches. Reading the diaries in the Food Doctor files, a lot of people had headaches in the first week because of the caffine cuts. From what I've read, caffine headaches pass after about 3-7 days depending on how much coffee you drink. Plenty of water will help it pass, as will a good night's rest :)

Bron

Agreed Bron I always come off coffee and hit the headaches!

Hubby works odd hours and I usually do foods for him in the slow cooker and freeze or put meat in the fridge and tell him what to have with it or I cook for him (i'm vege). Nights where we are at home together I will have fish with him and vege or salad or do him potatoes. He is spoilt dont worry!

Well it's been 4 days of Low Carbs and thinking that I am over eating but enjoying the foods so tomorrow will be back to work (we had a public holiday today) and will be doing things much more to the book 99% I like to look at it.

Bren
X

Heh, I think my OH is going to be a spoilt hubby, he always pulls faces at my veggie stuff, and really, really pulls faces if it's vegan! He's very much a meat and cheese man, and a fussy one at that! So it'll be making up steak and chips for him while I have a jacket spud and baked beans :rolleyes: I am not marrying him for his food tastes!! Hahaha!

If you feel like you're overeating and you know you're not, then it's a pretty good sign :) It's getting more for your calorie-buck! Glad you're enjoying it, that's the most important thing. Don't want to be taking part in a lifestyle you find a drag!

Oo, holiday! Enjoy the time off!

How are the headaches today?

Bron

Well Bron today is the first real day with 99% commitment and I have just squeezed in a couple of extra decaf coffees with a tsp of cream.

So no real coffee today and I'll try and lay off it this week. I have a slightly metal mouth and constantly dry too so might do a pee test when I get home from work.

Another thing that is eating me up is no exercise because of reports and marking at the moment (teacher) so might just have to settle for floor exercises this week until Friday morning or so. I went last night for the first time in over 2 weeks.

x

Back