Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

Hey you!

Sorry Atkins isn't quite working out at the moment. Have you been in Jim's diary? He seems like a bit of an Atkins buff. If you're struggling with though, and you're not enjoying it, then maybe try something else.

Mmm, tofu!! Just having that for my lunch now; "eggless" foo yung. Recommend it, it's a brill way to get in some veg too, I've managed to get in peas and onion, but I'm sure there's plenty of other veg you could add too :)

Sucks that TOM came along too, that inch or so increase will be down again by next week, just you wait and see.

Bron

Jim is a guru. I have just managed to get hold of a Atkins book, as I was relying on Lowcarb and the internet for info. So hopefully now things might move in the right direction. Also need to get my water back up and the exercise. Guzzling already i am.

Bron darling thanks for continually boosting me up, it means alot. You must be getting very very excited about your wedding! Is everything organised??

Bren
X

Well no dinner tonight as I really am not hungry and would just be eating for the sake of it.

xx

Hi Georgie, I am not struggling but not getting anywhere and to be very truthful due to being too busy with work to be organised and really.... focused in my mind to not cheat.

I went for a walk tonight and I'm going to cut out the Atkins bars as they are bloating and binding my plumbing up if you know what I mean!!

I did well with the water today about 2.5 ltrs but had 3 coffees with cream (going to limit that to 1 with cream and perhaps just all decaf too).

How are you gong darl??

Well I'm off to bed! Night all.

xx

I am feeling much better now with the low carbing and after nearly a second successful day thinking I may have grasped the ways. Only time will tell.

Will up date this later status of confidence later. Have a good day everyone.

x

I am feeling much better now with the low carbing and after nearly a second successful day thinking I may have grasped the ways. Only time will tell.

Will up date this later status of confidence later. Have a good day everyone.

x

Hope you have a good day too. x

oh you sound like your getting into it now, so thats good, and at least your fairly busy which does help.

for me the scales havent been moving very much these past few weeks some of it was because of birthdays.

I've been cutting down on my carbs this week by having salads and some sort of protien for lunch and I'm quite enjoying it, today however could have been a bit better, I got out of routine, I didn't have my meals at the right times, so I've been snacking more, but at least tomorrow will be better.

Hey CC, my days are getting better. I think i finally have got the knack of Atkins and today will be Day 3 sucessfully on Induction. It's about now when I reward my self with food or relax and let habits slip back in.

Georgie you are still maintaining according to your ticker. Are you happy with your body, mind and size now?

I am just hoping that I can keep up the induction phase for 2 weeks and then we go away on a road trip for 6 days. I will move up a stage and factor in the odd glass of wine. Then do another week on induction and then my b'day the following week. So would be nice to be 9lbs lighter by then. Fingers crossed.

The thing with Atkins is I have been so used to eating the same foods for so long and getting now where that being able to have something like scrambled eggs and cheese is a lovely change. Oh and olives and avocado and salmon. I am missing yoghurt though and it's not allowed yet.

Thinking about changing my goals under my signature.

Thanks for popping in you guys!
Bren
XX

hi bren. sorry i've been so absent. looks like you're going great guns with atkins.

i've always felt fabulous when low-carbing. and it is something i love to do. unfortunately i am a complete carb addict and find it difficult to stick to long-term. but i might go for it for a couple of weeks up until my hen party :) might help with some of this tiredness too :)

abz xx

Good idea Abz's and a change is as good as a holiday. Bet your really excited about the wedding, even though your back is killing you.

It's only been really 3 days now of Atkins. The first 2 weeks was just low carbing and a little vege low carbing. Then in those 2 weeks there was a couple of free eating days (very bad) and I decided to get back into the full Atkins. I am just hoping on Thursday morning when I weigh that I am around 73 ish kilo's. When I went to Thailand I was about 70.5 - 71.5. I feel really good under 70. This is always the speed hump weight for me.

So water has been 2.5ltrs of more for the past 3 days and food good. Tomorrow day 4, it's always exciting the first week and the hardest. It's usually now that I relax and or give up a little here. But I wan to be feeling good in 5 weeks for my b'day. Fingers crossed babe for a 70 or below by then.

Bren
XX

Day 4 today and so far still good. I'm not sure if I'm in Ketosis. The sticks only show a pale pinkish blob in the centre of the square??? But they do change colour so I suppose that is good.

I am drinking about 2.5ltrs of water a day and I am nervous that on Thursday morning that I will not have lost any weight! I dont want to have a sneak peek either in case i loose focus. Hence why I am using the Ketosis Stix.

I just really want to loose some weight an feel comfortable again in my clothes.

X

Well so much for being good! I just had dinner out with hubby. He is having a terrible time with his skin. We have been hear many a time before and I have been marking the past 4 weekends and doing reports. Then he was on night shift and I felt that we needed to spend some time together, when he asked I dare not say no! Also know that he feels I am always on a diet!

So 2 prawns BBQ'd
calamari and shredded apple with lentils, corriander and olive oil (lebanese)

No CARB's so that was a bonus. I did drink a glass of white wine (not sweet though) and 500ml of water. Fingers crossed I haven't done too much damage.

So going to do some sit ups before bed and fingers are still crossed for Thursday WI.

Bren
X

well, i'm fairly happy, but still feel I need to tone up a bit around my stomache, I'm hopefully going to do some water arobics soon so that will be fun.

if the stick goes pink at all hon that shows a presence of ketones and therefore ketosis. if you stuck to low carb on your night out then i doubt it's done any damage at all... well done :)

abz xx

Hey Bren

Sounds like you are doing ok overall and that you are in ketosis, I don't think the stix can change colour if there are no ketones in your system so even a light reading should be good?

If you think on CD SS+ you can get into ketosis in 3-4 days on around 70gr of carbs a day then you've gotta be in it surely...

I will have my fingers crossed for you for your WI on Thursday.

xx

Thanks Serena. I am always nervous about WI's. Even though it is just me doing it!

Abz i am still in Ketosis. I have a work dinner tomorrow night and hoping that the food will be ok. I can avoid wine no drama's but if they give me rice or pasta that's no good. It's catered for. I might tell them tomorrow no rice or pasta. I have already mentioned bread.

Georgie try doing some sit ups daily you will be surprised in a week how much more concave your tummy feels!!

Bren
X

Bren's Diary - Atkins here we go

Well trying to change the title of my thread and cannot remember how to do it??

I'm on a PC ............... anyone???

Back