Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

honey. if the scales show a weight gain on that mainy calories throw them away and carry on regardless. you are doing brilliantly. i, however, am not. but i'll get there in the end...

Puggso that cracks me up! First laugh of the day and at 6.40am!! LOL

Bloating is subsiding and I pray that on Monday morning the scales reflect my CCing. Going to check out the website that can tell me what will happen if I am consuming 1300 cals a day and what the weekly loss might be.

Puggso I am not musically talented in any way so I am slightly jealous!

Bren
X

Aye but I'm not arty in the slightest either so I am jealous :p

Well a good day today. Sore throat though and I hope that it subsides, SOON!

I've done about 1250 cals;
yoghurt and apple
kiwi and strawberries
cot/cheese and salad plus 3 crackers
banana
2 real coffees and 2 decafs
atkins bar 138 cal
sushi roll and a small curry puff
WW mousse

Oh and over 4ltrs of water today! and 2 green teas.

Bren

Well pleased with that! Abz you crack me up, I dont know anyone who would throw there scales away! LOL

Well pleased with that! Abz you crack me up, I dont know anyone who would throw there scales away! LOL

Sometimes when I get on mine I'm very close to doing it!

Well I thought that I might weigh this morning mid week of the first week. However chickened out and will wait until CDC appt. tomorrow. Not going to reveal that I am CCing just going to get on with it.

Feeling good about things this morning. Although .... sorry if too much info..... had a serious case of wind in my tummy since switching. Hopefully it's just a change in foods and it will subside soon. As for my throat, it's sore this morning so thinking that I may be getting a little something.

Bren
X

Today/tonight;
yoghurt
2 crackers
pumpkin soup and bread
coffee and half a muffin
atkins bar
2 glasses of wine
2 slices of cheese

Around 1200 cals for the day I think? Water was 3.4ltrs for the day and 2 green teas. Oh and big news finally managed the gym today for 40 mins of weights!! YAY! Weekends are good because I can exercise. WI tomorrow with CDC and like I mentioned earlier I am just going to continue on with CCing and hopefully I will have a loss and CDC will not ask me what I have been eating!

I'm still feeling very positive about Calorie Counting. I feel quite free and have even managed discipline with stopping eating all the muffin I had this afternoon, having smaller meal sizes and will power not to nibble! Long may this new found behaviour continue.

Bren
X

Sounds like you are doing grand Bren :D

Hey Bren! Sounds like you're doing absolutely smashing, and Abz is right, if the scales say you're gaining on that many then may as well blitz them with a chainsaw!

On the soup front, go mushroom!! Never used to like them, but now I can't get enough! The thought of pumpkin makes me gag after having it the day I left the States. Never been so ill before! But after fainting over the Atlantic, I got free tanks of oxygen and a first class upgrade!! Rock on!

Bron

Well I am doing grand with the CCing. Although I didn't weigh myself last Monday morning, I was weighed by CDC last Saturday which is where I am off to shortly. I was feeling thinnish this morning and thought i would jump on the scales and they say a gain of 400g since last Sat. However during the week I did suffer severe bloating due to eating vege's and carbs which I haven't eaten in so long. So I have had
MON - 1350 cals
TUES - 1300
WED - 1300 + 15 mins
THURS - 1250/1300
FRI - 1250 + gym 40 mins

I think so long as on Monday morning I have lost from today, as I do feel in my body that i have lost after initially gaining. So I have 2 days now and should easily be able to stick with 1200/1300 cals a day until then. Next week I am going to try for 1100.

Also I have drunk 3 or more ltrs everyday and taken vitamins. Lack of exercise though this week. It is hard after you see a gain but the biggest achievement this week has been in my mind. I have started to think about other things than food and not shy away from certain activities in life due to food being involved/associated with them.

Bren
X

you are doing so well bren!! after eating carbs again i have ballooned!! i'm absolutely huge and a little worried about it to be honest!! but i'll get a grip after thomas's birthday is over. we're possibly going out to eat tonight, although we may have decided to scupper that, and we're going out tomorrow with some friends.

good luck with weigh in with cdc.

abz xx

As predicted i had gained... 900gm since last week. However given TOM just finished and I have been eating foods which I have forbidden for months and months i.e. chick peas and pumpkin etc (all vege's) I am taking this week as just adjusting and hopefully some loss from today when I weigh in on Monday morning.

Still drinking 3 ltrs of water and managed 30 mins at the gym today.

Abz I have decided that this week (only cos things have eased a little) I am going to do lots of exercise to help with the CCing. Going to aim for 4 or 5 sessions. Perhaps this will help with the scales and my jelly belly!! Perhaps it might also help with your bloating?

x

it could bren. tomorrow is OH's birthday and we are going out for dinner so i'm not going to worry about that too much. am going to enjoy it and start afresh on monday. am going to get started with my cheesy naff dance dvd too :D see how difficult it is, ha.

abz xx

Sucks about the gain, but 900grams is minimal, the work you've been putting in, it won't be long before that and more is shifted :)

Enjoy those exercise sessions! There's nothing better than a good, satisfying work out!

Bron

Thanks girls!

This morning shows a loss!!! Yesterday I was 75.1 and this morning 74.9. So I feel reassured now that the CCing will work. It might start off slow and then speed up then stabilise and then slow again. So be it. I will stick with this I feel. It's a sensible way to approach life and food. I even had 2 glasses of wine on Fri night and half a glass last night? Drinking over 3 ltrs a day and taking my vits. Now just want to build my fitness up. Would like to be sustaining about 50 min sessions at the gym 4 times a week and a weekly walk with a friend to have a variety.

Today I have a couple of job apps to write, want to go to the gym, pick up a few groceries from the shops, bake hubby's loaf of bread and do my ironing and marking.

Best get to it!

Bren
X

Oh breakfast was;
slice of lemon in water
8 grapes
1/2 small banana
1/2 kiwi fruit
3 strawberries
1/2 dried fig
2 crackers and 40g of Cot/cheese
About 210cals

Actually breakfast was 250cals and add to that;

banana bread slice 140
soup/ sour cream and 2 crackers 250
WW biscuits (2) 75
WW water flavouring 50
coffee 40
3 squares of choc 90
couple of scoops of my bircher muesli 100

So 985 cals so far and going to go to the gym shortly and then tofu stir fry for dinner again about.... 210 cals so will be 1195 cals for the day in total. i have had my vits and drunk 3.5ltrs of flavoured water and 2 lemon slices in 2 cups of hot water and will probably have 2 green teas later also.

Bren
X

Way to go on the loss!! That's awesome, go you! :D

CCing is definitely the way to go. Nothing's forbidden, so if you want to use up some of your daily kcals with chocolate, chips or crisps then you can, but it's the kind of system where you learn that if you do that, then you end up getting less. So it's better to have a tin of waterchestnuts, a bowl of cereal, fruit etc instead :)

Enjoy the gym! And the tofu stirfry; nom nom :D

Bron

Well I think i have had too much home made vege soup as the scales say a 1.6kg gain! ???? Even changed the batteries?

I ate 2 bowls of soup yesterday and have another for lunch today and then I will have some fish for dinner or my tofu stirfry which I planned for last night.

Not going to let it deter me either. As yesterday I did the gym for 45 mins and also 3.5ltr of water and my total food cals for the day was safely in the 1300 mark.

So I feel that more variety is in order this week.

xx

Good luck keep it up
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

Well I dont plan on weighing everyday but would like to see some improvement of the scales acknowledging my hard efforts at a consistent level. Not yo yo ing all the time.

Need to remember that given I am consuming less than I am burning things should move. I have though eaten 2 figs and 4 prunes hoping that this may assist my bowels and the scales. think too much vege soup may be to blame?

Bren
x

Night all

Back