Briar Rose's Journey!

Hope you like them lizdesigns. I had the banana this morning and then the vanilla later on. Just like lattes.

Had a good day today, Had my low carb meal and my carbs were where they should be and Im under 1000 calories so I can't do better than that.

An old friend rung this afternoon to invite me out for her birthday next saturday. I haven't seen her for ages so I didn't want to say no. We are going for an italian meal and then drinks round town after. The good thing is the restaurant has a menu online so I will plan what Im having and stick to it religiously. I won't drink so i won't add any calories there.

When I started the diet I thought Id have lots of weeks with nothing on ( as my life is usually ) but Im becoming a social queen. Still it won't be too bad as long as I make the right choices. Im glad Im doing ws though as I can get away with food.

It's me again the carb police!!

I think you have to be very careful with your food choices especially when eating out as hidden sugar is the big problem.

I know a lot of people as confused about working solutions so just a thing or 2 to watch out for so you can get the best results from your fab efforts so far.

Staying in ketosis is the key to eating out, never mind calories, to burn fat whilst in ketosis is very little to do with the calories you consume, unless you go gigantically overboard, eating more calories in a day is only going to slow your loss, eating carbs will stop your loss, knock you out of ketosis and you will have to go through the whole nasty detox process again, which means you'll have 3 or maybe 4 days in a week where you are burning little to no fat. Any meal you add, has to be basically protein and green veggies from the allowed list, these are the lowest carb veggies around. If you stick to this you will naturally limit your calorie intake anyway. Desserts, salad dressing, ketchup and fruit are really the ones that spell death to ketosis so try and stick to clean and green as much as you can.

Fingers crossed for a great weigh in this week, you are doing really well, exciting to think it's gonna be good bye 17, hello 16!!

Hope you like them lizdesigns. I had the banana this morning and then the vanilla later on. Just like lattes.

I tried the vanilla latte last night, think I overdid the coffee though as it was VERY strong, lol. Think if I try it again i'll need to refrain from adding so much :D

Haha. Lol @ carb police!

I find eating out very difficult! When's wi? Hope you have a great day xxx

Thanks LW, Thats what I thought about the food.

On ws Im having 1000 calories approx and trying to limit my carbs to 70. It was difficult at first because 3 packs or 2 packs and a tesco bar took me to 60 carbs or thereabouts so I only try to have 10 in my meal. This is my first proper week of ws so we shall see on the scales how Ive got on. I have been having chicken, mushrooms, kale, or salad leaves, etc and a bit of light philadelphia.

I did have a salmon salad on saturday when I was out and in the salad was tomatoes and peppers so I ate them. I had a sour cream dressing on the side which I had a bit of. I also had a merange nest with strawberries and cream in. When I came home I inputted everything into my fitness pal and the carbs for that day were 84 so over what I wanted. The calories were quite a bit over but I wasn't so bothered about that. I have been checking the ketone sticks for the last 3 weeks and they don't appear to have changed so I don't know if Im in ketosis or not. I do know I have smelly breath and Im not hungry so I presume I am in it and my sticks aren't showing. Maybe I should try first thing in the morning.

So next week I was thinking of having meat, either chicken or steak with salad. Ive checked the website for the restaurant and they have both of those. Its just if they put a dressing on them.

I had decided that if the scales hadn't moved much I would go back to ts for most of the week and just have 2 days of ws. I was feeling so weak though at first that I thought the ws would suit me better.

My original weigh in was on a tues but last week I waited 2 days to weigh in because I had put on on my big weekend away so I don't know whether to go back to tues or stick to thurs now.

Good afternoon Briar Rose, good luck if you decide to weigh in tomorrow :hug99: xx

Evening Hun how's your day been?

Had a good day today thanks Spyro. I seem to get headaches still but find its when Im particularly hungry or thirsty as they soon go when Ive had something.

I have decided I will weigh in tomorrow as it was my original weigh in day and to be honest I prefer the tues. So it will be 5 days worth of weight loss instead of 7 but that will equal itself out next week.

I know I've got a headache today I didn't drink much though. I might do the same slowly weigh in a day later til I'm back to Monday.

You will be. Good luck hun

Well done lovely! That's a brilliant loss! And even better seeing as you've been eating too. Well done xxxxx

Wow that's excellent Hun well done. You've inspired me o be good now as I need to see those 16s move down. Have a good day hun

Yay for getting into the 16's :clap:

Thanks guys,

dawnybabes we have lost almost the same amount there in 3 weeks and are a very similar weight. I will keep my eye out for how you are getting on. x

Ive just weighed in and Ive lost 4lbs. Now bear in mind that is in 5 days so I could get back to a tuesday. So chuffed right now ......

Wow, well done that's a fab loss :woohoo: :hug99: xx

Back