Briar Rose's Journey!

Hope you've had a good day hun

Thanks girls,

Ive had a rubbishy couple of days. I haven't gone off the diet though! I knew I spoke too soon the other day when I said it was a way of life. I have been so hungry the last 2 days, felt really tired and lethargic and headachy again.

The only think I can think of is I ran out of bars so went to boots and bought 2 atkins advantage bars. They are yummy but I think they have brought back my sweet cravings. I don't know if they have enough nutrients in either. it was just to get me through a few days but boy have I suffered.

Then for tea yesterday I had a slim and save cottage pie with mushrooms and it was awful. Ive had one before and it was lovely so I think my tastes have changed. I ate it but felt really sickly for 2hrs after.

Also the scales haven't budged and they normally have moved at least half a pound by now. Im going to take a senakot tonight as I haven't been for about 5 days either. Gosh I thought I was past all this.

Im going to stick to shakes tomorrow I think and just some eggs for tea and see how I go.

I could have just written your last entry!!!! It seems there's a few of us been struggling the last couple of days. I wonder if it's the hot weather???? Good for you for resisting those urges, I wasn't strong enough and ended up having a boiled egg. Think my OH may suffer for that in bed tonight, lol.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :bighug:

Ann hugs Hun hope tomorrows a better day

I can sympathise too, I had a peperami last night after swimming as I felt ravenous! But yes I'll also be necking a senokot tonight-put on a pound and the only logical explanation is how bloated I feel!!! Hope today's a bit better for you x

Yes I feel really bloated. There is no way you can't loose on this diet if you follow the rules so I know its just my body. Feel a bit better this morning but must drink a lot more water now.

Its boiling here already. x

Hope your feeling better Briar keep up with the water:)

Thanks Jacqueline, I do feel much better today. Senokot worked. I have cut back today though and had a smaller meal of just a really small tin of salmon with a few veggies and drunk loads more water.

Ive just put a big order in for a mths supply of slim and save ( just the shakes and bars as I can't bear anything else). I then have enough exante to do one day of each for the next 8 weeks till I go on my hols. Im glad I tested the slim and save though because there are so many things I didn't like whereas I like most of exante except the thai chicken soup.

The last time I lost a lot of weight was 2 yrs ago and I got down to 14.8 for my hols then so Im aiming to get to at least that. It is 1stone 10 pounds off where I am now or another 24 lbs. Don't know if I will get there but its an incentive. x

Glad you're feeling a bit more comfortable! I had a really bad day for water yesterday so am starting early this morning and trying to down 2L before I go anywhere.

I think your incentive is a great one and although I'm not sure when your holiday is, I'm sure you have set yourself a sensible aim there :)

Thanks weevil, Even though I was 14.8 stone on that holiday I felt so much better and didn't mind having my photo taken etc. I even went to a water park which I wouldn't do now so if I get as close to it as possible Id be happy.

Ive just been round for a cuppa to a friend of mine who knows everything there is to know about dieting. Now I haven't seen her for 6 weeks and I know you can see a difference in me already and she didn't say a word. She offered me a bacon butty which I refused ( I told her I was dieting )and then went on to lecture me about dieting and if I really wanted to loose weight I should cut out all fat. I didn't tell her what diet Im doing as she would of gone on but in the end I was fed up with her going on and on and on. You never get any praise off her for anything or a pat on the back that I had lost 25 lbs. She still sees me as overweight and thats that. She is a skinny mini herself.

Im so glad Ive got you all to talk to everyday.

Well we went out for our meal last night and it was nice. I've just imputed everything into my fitness pal to access the damage and I ended up having 1500 cals and 120 carbs yesterday. Im not going to get hung up about it though, just back to it today and hopefully the damage will be minimal by weigh in. If you don't see me weighing in till wed or thurs then you know why. LOL

It was funny though because after my meal my stomach was turning and I felt really sickly for an hour or so. I suppose my body isn't used to all the food now.

Its glorious here today, hope you are all having a good day today. x

Glad you had a good time Hun I know what you mean bout the weigh ins I mite just forget the weekly weigh ins and weigh when I want lol

Hope your stomach has settled after that meal, sounds like you enjoyed it anyway! :0)

Yes my stomach is much better today miss piggy.

Just had a salmon and prawn salad for tea and I'm having another shake later so back to my ws today.

Its funny but I feel better for it too.

Mmm that sounds yummy, I've had a WS day today, hubby was eating crisps & I really fancied salt again so had some mackerel with cucumber & a piece of ham. Feel better now :0)

Glad you had a nice night, it probably is all the food that made you feel like that, hope the WI is kind to you xx:)

Hi Rose,

I know this is a bit late but I just saw your post on your friend trying to 'educate' you on diets.

My neighbour tried to do the same to me. I was invited round for tea but declined and explained I was dieting. Then she said 'come for a drink instead' I declined again, saying I couldn't drink as I was dieting.

She took the huff and said I could have had salad and white wine as it wouldn't be 'all that bad' I didn't explain the diet I was following but I got told how I should go on a vegetarian diet etc etc etc.

She isn't talking to me now but I'm glad I stuck to my guns as I really didn't want to eat!

I know the feeling sore loser. I went for a meal last night with my said friend and her hubby. She watches what I eat like a hawk and the says I don't know why you don't just have what you want instead of salad. This is all whilst she orders a fish pie and scrapes off the potatoes and then plays around with the rest saying its not that nice just so she doesn't have to eat it. Every time we go for a meal she does the same. I think she only stays as thin as she does because she doesn't eat but then she lectures me.

Still its her choice.

Im back on track now today and Ive drunk loads.

Morning hun

Back