Step 1 Sole Source Bride on a Mission - 13 stone in 13 months!

So the bloated tummy yesterday and general feeling of "urgh" can be attributed to getting my period yesterday. I haven't had one in like 6 months maybe due to my weight so it is actually welcome (it is like a little reminder that yes I am WOMAN).

And that I'm not knocked up of course :) :):):)

The tummy doesn't feel too bad today and I have decided not to SP on the scales anymore during the week. It only drives me crazy and I just don't need the added pressure. I am following the plan to a T - water everyday, all my products + my mini meal in the evening with my glass of skimmed milk so I just need to trust it will work.

I always weigh heavier when I am on my period and always weigh lighter the week before it - very strange but I've always been that way. Last night the cramps where not the nicest so I took to bed with a hot water bottle and enjoyed lots of lovely sleep.

I managed to do a little painting before bed though - got 20 orders on eBay for my plaques to complete by Friday so I needed to. I am halfway there though and reckon I'll get the bulk finished tonight :)

Need to nip out to M&S at lunchtime and pick up some Broccoli. They have these little bags of tenderstem broccoli - I think you get like 3 for £2 or something but they are perfect because they are already 80 grams and you can just chuck them in the microwave - easy peasy!

They have also started doing the courgetti noodles so might get another pack of that to try from M&S. I've had the Tesco and Sainsbury's so now to try the M&S one. Gotta support my employers!

Anyways off to get stuck into some pricing - have a fab Wednesday everyone!

L xxxx

On Day 12 and still OP 100%. After vowing not to SP I did give this morning and pleased that the scales are moving again although by no means as much as I had liked. I fear the week 2 curse will hit me this week - not surprised after my giant loss this week. Will be pleased as long as I see a 21 in front of my weight.

Feeling very uncomfortable with my period - cramps are kicking my ass but guess i got a whole year of this malarkey to put up with.

Had a bit of a meltdown last night. I'd had a rubbish day at work, and when I finally got home it was already gone 7pm. All I wanted to do was cook my chicken and veggies and sit on the sofa. LB gets home at 5.30pm (we only live like 20 minutes from his work) so when I came home and instead of him cleaning the kitchen (I mean putting dishes in the dishwasher) so I had a clean surface to work with he was sitting to putting a computer game I went mental. I was hormonal and really really tired.

I ended up doing it all myself then sulking with him for most of the evening. We eventually made up but not without serious shouting (mostly me) and some tears (again all me!)

It's amazing though how this diet does sometimes push you to the limit. I know for myself I really miss the sensation of eating "food" that I enjoy. I'm not hungry, I don't need the food but I do miss it.

However I also know that I have a goal in my head - to lose 177lbs (now actually 164lbs) and to become a consultant.That is the end game so I just have to knuckle down and get on with it.

And on that note I'm off to make my soup for lunch - Oritental Chilli - yum!

L xxx

Hiya congrats on your loss. You are really on top of it. I like your enthusiasm. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey. You will surely be the skinny bride.

Hiya congrats on your loss. You are really on top of it. I like your enthusiasm. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey. You will surely be the skinny bride.

Thank you lovely :) It's so much easier to be positive when you know you are on the right path with weight loss. And this diet makes it so much easier to follow than others - for me at least.

Day 13 - Had such a late night last night which is not great for me - I have a condition which is worsened with lack of sleep so I really need to keep an eye on that - it's not good for me to be up so late.

I was painting my plaques as I had like 20 to get completed for postage today. Which I managed to do but didn't get to bed until gone 1am.

I did get a bit of a lie in though as I start a bit later on Fridays. Silver linings.

Early night tonight for me - think I'll get my kindle out, lie in the bath and have a nice early relaxed night :)

Happy Friday everyone!

L xxx

Last edited:
Hi girls,
Good to hear your stories, you are all doing so well! I've been on ss+ for 4 weeks today but my losses are completely rubbish!! I'm sure my consultant thinks I'm full of crap and that im cheating! My first week I lost 6.5lb, 2nd week 1lb, 3rd week 4.5 and 4th week 0.5lbs. It's really frustrating as I did this diet 4 yrs ago and my this stage I was edging towards the 2 stone mark and I've only lost 13lbs this time round. I've considered moving down to ss but tbh I've done that a few times too just in the short term for a few weeks and I found the losses are the same for ss+ and my consultant confirmed this.
It's not like I dont have a lot to lose my bmi is 36! Feeling so fcuked off, my sister who weighs less has lost more than me in SW this month. Feel like im losing my motivation and feel like jacking it in and hitting the drink lol.

Hiya I am on a different VLCD to you but I like lurking around the different forums. You are doing great so far. The months are just gonna fly by. Just remember never to look a cup cake in the eye. That's how they get you lol.

Hi girls,
Good to hear your stories, you are all doing so well! I've been on ss+ for 4 weeks today but my losses are completely rubbish!! I'm sure my consultant thinks I'm full of crap and that im cheating! My first week I lost 6.5lb, 2nd week 1lb, 3rd week 4.5 and 4th week 0.5lbs. It's really frustrating as I did this diet 4 yrs ago and my this stage I was edging towards the 2 stone mark and I've only lost 13lbs this time round. I've considered moving down to ss but tbh I've done that a few times too just in the short term for a few weeks and I found the losses are the same for ss+ and my consultant confirmed this.
It's not like I dont have a lot to lose my bmi is 36! Feeling so fcuked off, my sister who weighs less has lost more than me in SW this month. Feel like im losing my motivation and feel like jacking it in and hitting the drink lol.

Oh Hun - don't give up! I feel the same frustration sometimes when my OH loses more than I do and he's like only 2 stone away from goal and I have ages to go. The bottom line is the numbers are moving downwards and that's what counts. Not the speed neccessarily - they are still moving! Did you give in and hit the drink? lol xxx

So my ticker seems to be up the left.... random. It should read 17lbs in total lost but seems stuck on 13lbs. Might have to set up a new one and see if that helps!

Anyhoos - so I lost 4lbs at WI - thank god the scales actually shifted for me! Very happy with the result only a few more lbs until I'm at the one and half stone mark. Fingers crossed next week :)

Work is being a pain in my *** today - I just hate the politics and environment in here at the moment. I wish I could WFH everyday, things would be a lot nicer and I'd get much more done!

Aww well - hope everyone has a fab day :)

xxx

Congrats on your loss CupCake - at this rate you will smash your target x

;) Alright, seems to be big losses these days for everyone around! If I could lose 4 pounds this week, it would be lovely

;) Alright, seems to be big losses these days for everyone around! If I could lose 4 pounds this week, it would be lovely
Enlighen.....how did you get your ticker to work? I could only add mine as an image and it wouldn't let me click to go in to update. Ended up deleting it but really love having it.... any light you can shed?

xx

Enlighen.....how did you get your ticker to work? I could only add mine as an image and it wouldn't let me click to go in to update. Ended up deleting it but really love having it.... any light you can shed?

xx
I think they've been having problems, I had to delete and put back my ticker 2-3 times before it started working fine. It's a handy tool when it's working

Wahaay Superstar ! You are doing absolutely fab, so,so pleased for you. You have had a rotten time over the past 18 months really glad you are able to make the most of now and make huge improvements for your future. I'm sure your dad is ever so proud of you.

Looking forward to seeing your continuing success. Sending all the good vibes Lottie :)

Wahaay Superstar ! You are doing absolutely fab, so,so pleased for you. You have had a rotten time over the past 18 months really glad you are able to make the most of now and make huge improvements for your future. I'm sure your dad is ever so proud of you.

Looking forward to seeing your continuing success. Sending all the good vibes Lottie :)

Thank you so much lovely! I hope I am making him proud :)
xxxx

Hello All,

Another day on plan - same old, different day :)

I've finally made the infamous cloud bread - not gonna lie it's pretty tasty :) I had it on Sunday night with a balsamic chicken breast (chicken cooked in balsamic vinegar and herbs) and some rocket and lettuce.

I had it again last night with a turkey breast mince burger ( turkey breast mince, herbs and spring onions) and rocket again. Really does feel like a nice compromise for bread , it by no means is a direct substitute but definitely does fill that void a little bit.

I am a bit nervous about this week - I dunno why, I have been absolutely fine on plan, no cravings etc but I always worry myself silly. TOTM almost gone (thank god) - let's just hope it doesn't come back again in a few days time.

My little plaques are keeping me very busy - sold nearly 100 so far this month already on ebay and via my consultant and it's only 9 days into Feb. Can't quite believe how much demand there is. I was also really excited as I spotted someone showing hers off proudly on a VCLD group on Facebook. I don't know the girl at all but I couldn't help but comment underneath - I was literally so excited! After that quite a few people placed orders which was nice :)

I've had a few issues with it in the last few months actually. I started making the plaques last April mainly at first as gifts for family and friends who wanted them. I was challenged by my doctor to find something relaxing to do as I was suffering from really bad anxiety - having this outlet really helped and it also allowed me to indulge in my creative side a little.

Over time it grew to selling on ebay etc and from then it's been constant every month. Which is great.....

But then a few months ago , LB's sister in law (and soon to be my SIL) started making them also - and copying my design. Without even a word to me. I was pretty upset to be honest , I felt like his family knew I was making them, they knew I was doing it for a reason and they ignored it anyways. It caused major rows between me and LB as I felt properly let down.

He spoke to his family and they just shrugged it off - I didn't hear from the SIL until a few days before Christmas (at this point we hadn't spoken in like 2 months) when she text to "clear the air". Apparently it was all a misunderstanding.... yeah because you didn't mean to copy my plaques, you didn't mean to undercut me and you didn't mean to copy nearly the exact same wording as my listings..... Hmmm...OK then.

But yeah - it caused me major anxiety. We've never really discussed it and now she's pregnant so I can't say anything now. I don't want to upset a pregnant girl or cause her stress.

Anywhoos I'm rambling now....

Best dash to a meeting :)

XXX

With the way the orders are going maybe you should employ your almost SIL and expand your empire?? :asskick:

With the way the orders are going maybe you should employ your almost SIL and expand your empire?? :asskick:

Hmm..... interesting idea but..... No lol. I'm very meticulous in the work I do and wouldn't really want anyone else making them for me. Besides we are not exactly best friends.....

If I was going to do that though I would invite my sister to help - she seen my original ones and started making Baby Countdown ones and hers are so cute!

Biased maybe but she's my baby sister. :)

Another day on plan - same old same old. Had a SP this morning, 2lbs down for the week already, not sure why the scales are not moving more than they used to - maybe I've just messed up my metabolism so much now that it just doesn't know what to do! lol

I'm hoping for 4lbs in total this week so fingers crossed it keeps going down.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Hi! Im also a Cambridge diet girl thats been on and off and gaining and losing for the last few years. Following you with interest as I'm also back on plan and on day 10 today.

Looks like you're doing amazing :)

Hiya Jo - thank you! I was so glad to come back to Cambridge it was the only thing that ever made me skinny (ish) lol On Slimming world I gained weight and on Weight watchers I would plateau for weeks on end (which at 19 stone should not happen).

Nearly time for WI day again - can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by - nearly mid Feb! Scary thought! This week will be my last weigh in for 2 weeks as next weekend my Granda is coming to stay and we will likely be out and about all weekend. He's got the car (I don't drive due to a medical condition) so it might be nice to get out in the car. I need to think of some fun places to take him when he is here. I'll be cooking for him when he's here also which will be nice as I do enjoy cooking.

I'm leaving work early on Thursday - i'll leave a beef joint in the slow cooker before work so when I get home it should be ready for him :) I'll make him some greens and maybe mash as well for his dinner - he's driving down from Liverpool (he gets the boat over from Belfast) so he'll need plenty of grub after his long drive. He's staying until Sunday - unfortunately I have to work on the Friday but I'm sure he'll potter around or go out for a drive if he wants to. Must remember to leave him my keys!

This weekend I plan on having the most relaxing weekend ever. I have painting to do , but London Boy is going to his mums on Saturday for the day so I can just relax at home. Do some washing, tidy up a wee bit, and just sit on the sofa :) I love being with London Boy (he's my favourite human) but sometimes I just love having the day to myself.

We both have Monday off work as he's havin dental surgery so I need to be there to make sure he gets home OK afterwards. I've got the docs myself at 8.40am to see if they can give me something else for my psoriasis.... it's gotten so bad, especially on my head. They keep giving me rubbish shampoos that do not work - I need a lotion or something as the shampoo doesn't even do a tiny bit. It's not so noticeable to anyone but me - and it itches like MAD! I'm hoping they can give me something that will work. I've tried everything in the last few months - Polytar, T Gel, Capasal, Olive Oil on the scalp overnight, Almond oil on the scalp overnight, adding coconut oil to the scalp - nothing seems to work for me!

It's very frustrating but not much I can do as it's not something I can control. I've also noticed the patches on my arms and legs are getting worse ( they aren't all over but in random places). I usually use Fucibet or Timodine on them but it doesn't seem to be clearing any of it up.

Anyways.... back to the plan. It's still going OK, I definitely don't have any physical hunger but I do miss food. I don't miss the bad stuff surprisingly - i miss weird things like crunch red peppers ( so much better than Green peppers) , yogurts, and gammon lol. I don't crave McDonalds or Chinese or any of that - but the thought of a big gammon joint makes me want to weep... oh so dramatic!:rolleyes:

I had such a treat for dinner last night - felt really naughty but all on plan. I cooked chicken breast coated in herbs and then at the end when it was almost done i splashed some balsamic on it to give it a bit of oompf! Then I cooked my Cloud bread to make a chicken burger - loaded it with spring onions and rocket. I also made my Mac and Cheese to have alongside it - I used slightly less water so it went thick and then added a little milk to smooth it back out - it was amazing! I mean as amazing as a packet of food can be!

I'm quite enjoying this eating malarky at the moment :) Be strange when it changes in a few months to having zero food again..... bit daunting I think but I guess I'll see how my losses go - might make it worth it :)

xxxx

Back