Bring back old style Food Directory !!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lynne2809, 26 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just incase anyone from SW reads whats going on in this forum, I thought I would start a thread requesting that they do the next food directory in the style of the previous one not the current one.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE PRODUCT CATERGORIES FOLLOWED BY MANUFACTUR. IT IS FAR EASIER TO USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou very much, it would be very much appreciated.:sign0009::sign0009::sign0009:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes i know what you mean. It takes ages to look for something if you have no idea whether the syns are high or low. x

4. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    Exactly - I spent ages looking for stuff that to me should have been in the smart syns only to find it was in the syns section. I must have wasted ages looking for stuff.

5. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree, sometimes you have to look something up 3 times before you find it, it could be in syns, smart syns or even free.
    I find it helpful if its product categories too as you can compare different brands for the best syns easier. I do hope they will go back to the old way!

6. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done for bringing this up cos I agree with you wholeheartedly. The old style book was much easier. Maybe its a way of getting us to buy the new new book when they go back to the old way??

7. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The difference is that the old book was in the sections such as dairy, biscuits, cakes, rice & pasta, kitchen cupboard, meat,fish etc etc. So if you wanted to how many syns were in a bakewell tart you just went straight to cakes and then the manufacturer. So it was easier to compare different makes in one go.

Way simplier when you have 3 kids demanding your attention all at the same time !

8. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Hear Hear, the new book is so irritating. If they dont change it back im not buying the new one. Plus I find that not everything is in the directory, it may be in the free or branded food books. So its a right pain when you go shopping with three books, lol!

9. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hopefully if enough people make their feelings known about the new style book SW may take notice and revert back to the style we all know and love !

10. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I preferred the (even earlier?) version where it was simply an alphabetical list by manufacturer with no splitting foods into sections.

I agree the 2009 directory is a nightmare to use. I actually emailed SW suggesting that perhaps this was a cynical attempt by SW to make it so difficult to use that people would be forced to join a class ;)
    They responded by saying that a focus group of SW members preferred the current layout! They obviously didn't include any of us in their focus group :D

11. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think in that case then, perhaps we should all email SW telling them what we think of the food directory as it is now and perhaps they may listen to us. Focus groups as far as I have seen on the tv consist of about 10 people or so at a time and considering the overall number of people that are following SW perhaps asking classes etc for opinions would be a better way forward !!!

12. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    I too would prefer a version where i could look up something like cakes and then browse through the section to decide which is the lowest syn one and which to buy.
    I find it hard that I dont always know the manufacturer and somethings seem to be listed under the product not the manufacturer anyway

13. jessabelle

jessabelle needs more willpower!

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i agree. i got the new one last week and was sooo confused. Its much easier to use when everythings divided into categories x

14. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Sorry guys, I'm gonna buck the trend here - I actually prefer the new one!! I find it so much easier, tbh if something is in the smart syn section it will have a free food allowance in it so if it's a pasta or meat dish I'll go there first but mostly I use the syns section and I find it much much easier.

I used to get annoyed with the last one looking through various sections - was a go ahead bar a biscuit, a cereal bar, a cake??? who knows - it used to annoy me!!

Just my twopennorth but I really like this one!!

15. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too!!! I really didn't like the layout of this new 2009/10 directory at all. I STILL cannot find things and I am forever online on the website looking for syns.

So yes - I agree! PLEASE RETURN TO OLD FORMAT. If it ain't broke - don't go a-fixing! x

16. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Totally agree!

17. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm with Jaylou on this one (sorry guys), maybe people who have had the old syle have just got used to it and like most of us hate change. New people who don't know any different will just accept the new style and get used to that. They may well think the old syle is rubbish and difficult to use. I have had the old and the new and with the introduction of EE, this new layout seems easier to use to me, but its horses for courses really itsn't it.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Woop Woop! Thought it was just me being awkward! Phew!!

20. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Usually is Jay! ;)

I don't use any of the directories...old or new!!

21. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

:cry: I fort you wuz my friend.

22. babybloo

babybloo Extra Easy Apparently...!

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I would like something a bit more modern like the WW calculator that I could put in my bag and go to the supermarket and search by manufacturer. A little bit more discreet than flicking through an encyclopedia.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.