Bringing on labour...

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
OK, so after the sweep on Friday the plan is to do everything possible to help bring on the labour. So hopefully a walk along the seafront afterwards, curry for dinner, hubby for dessert ;) and some birthing ball bouncing.

Any other suggestions?

scrubbing floors apparently!

err there is something about hubby for desert.. but errr a certain 'proceedure' that you 'perform' is supposed to be the best 'desert' for inducing labour! lol

And pineapple from what I've heard you have to eat 8 of them!! so juicing would be a good idea! lol

Err.. don't forget to stay up till 2 or 3am - did the trick for me with Erin! lol I didn't realise it but the full on shopping trip and sitting up till 1am got me 'going'! lol

Wow shelbel what a transformation! How has being on gastric bypass worked for u in pregnancy? Ive seen on tv people who have the procedure done can never eat very much again, is this true?

The husband for dessert certainly done it for me on my second pregnancy, and the long warm bath soak after. But seeing that ur still 37 weeks it may not work, I was 37 weeks also but the midwife has said before that your body has to be ready. I dont know tho its worth giving a go!

All the best!

Scrubbing floors :eek: I don't do housework! That's what I got married for!

Need2Lose I can certainly eat far less than your average person, but as i rarely feel hungry that's not a problem. It's been a far better pregnancy than my last one as being a normal weight has made me much healthier, so all in all it's been good. I fell pregnant at 8 months post op though, when you are supposed to wait 1-2 years, so maintaining my weight has been impossible, and I'm 8lb lighter now than I was when I fell.

Back