SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Picture1197.jpg

Brocolli & Macaroni Cheese
From the quick & easy dinners recipe book

Super simple to make
Serves 4
Ready in about 30 mins
Syns per serving: 4.5 syns on Green & Extra Easy if not using the cheese as HEA choice.

Ingredients:
12 oz/340g dried macaroni
11 oz/312g brocolli florets
4 oz/113g smoked cheese, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
9 oz/255g quark
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
salt & pepper

Method:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6. Boil the macaroni in a pan for 10-12 minutes adding the brocolli florets for the last 4 minutes. Drain well & set aside.
Mix together the smoked cheese, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, quark & egg yolks in a large bowl & season well. Add the pasta & brocolli & toss to coat evenly.
Put the pasta mixture into an ovenproof dish & bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven & serve. Top with a twist of black pepper.

The amount shown in the photo is a portion for two people as I halved the recipe.

i am so glad this is on here i bought all the ingredients left the recipe on the side in kitchen for tonight and my lovely husband has chucked it in the bin as he thought it was rubbish!!!

am off to cook it right now

thanks again!!!

i am so glad this is on here i bought all the ingredients left the recipe on the side in kitchen for tonight and my lovely husband has chucked it in the bin as he thought it was rubbish!!!

am off to cook it right now

thanks again!!!

I hope you like it hun :)
It is really nice
Stacey x

I cooked this last week - I used grated cheddar rather than smoked cheese, and it was very scrummy. Will definitely be making it again.

I actually cooked this before joining this forum, it was delish.
Defo recommend to all members who love mac and cheese to give this dish a go.

xxx

Ooo omnomnomnom! Will defo try this next week, looks lovely!

I adore macaroni cheese so will definitely try this one out - thank you for recipe.

Made this last night but used mozzarella and cheddar instead. Really yummy. Had it with SW chips and salad. It goes really far, I have loads left for tonight. Thanks for the post Xxx

Back