Brother in law very ill

I wish our GPs would send more people for blood tests! I was prescribed antibiotics for bladder infections without proper tests & it turned out I never even had an infection!
I've had symptoms of diabetes for months now but the Drs won't do any blood tests. It's a joke.
They should be running tests to rule out anything awful.

I wish our GPs would send more people for blood tests! I was prescribed antibiotics for bladder infections without proper tests & it turned out I never even had an infection!
I've had symptoms of diabetes for months now but the Drs won't do any blood tests. It's a joke.
They should be running tests to rule out anything awful.

I find this so bizzare, i work in a GP practice and they are ALWAYS sending people for blood tests! If you have symptoms of diabetes you should definately have a blood test. Or at the very least, a finger prick test to test your blood sugar.

Maybe you all need to change your doctors - where i work sounds very different!

Orchitis is very painful and matches his symptoms completely. With antibiotics he should make a full recovery soon. Often a 2nd course is needed to clear it up completely. The symptoms you describe aren't those which you'd get with prostate problems which is why a psa test hasn't been done.
Hope he feels better soon :O)

Orchitis is very painful and matches his symptoms completely. With antibiotics he should make a full recovery soon. Often a 2nd course is needed to clear it up completely. The symptoms you describe aren't those which you'd get with prostate problems which is why a psa test hasn't been done.
Hope he feels better soon :O)

i didnt post the complete history.
he is in pain constantly, not in pain when he urinates though. He cant pee properly as it is a start stop properly.
He couldnt function properly a few months ago and he put it down to stress. now he can function but at the critical moment he almost passes out in pain. i think that the right testicle is completely swollen and the left one slightly (could have got that the wrong way round). It hurts still when he walks and he has been on strong painkillers and strong antibiotics for 3 days with not much relief. i think that he is going back to the gp if no better on Monday.

I find this so bizzare, i work in a GP practice and they are ALWAYS sending people for blood tests! If you have symptoms of diabetes you should definately have a blood test. Or at the very least, a finger prick test to test your blood sugar.

Maybe you all need to change your doctors - where i work sounds very different!

I do need to change Drs, I'm just waiting on my Husband to pass his driving test so we can get a car. Our nearest surgery (excluding our own) is a couple of villages over. :(
The Drs at my current surgery told my brother he might have appendicitis & to change his diet & come back in a week if things didn't clear up! Turns out, he actually had IBS - which we thought anyway because his symptoms were the same as mine & I have IBS! Lol. They're useless.

I hope your BIL gets some answers soon, Tara. Thinking of you.

I do feel sorry for doctors and nurses really. They see people who have symptoms that could be any of dozens of illnesses, but because they don't pluck the right one out of the air immediately people criticise them.

And on the blood test thing. My surgery sends people for them all the time. My fear of them means I wish they didn't sometimes!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

There are quite a few crappy doctors and nurses too. I have witnessed this when i have worked in a hospital. and because they arent too good it adds to the pressure of the good ones.

IMO people foget medicine isn't an exact science and sometimes its very much a watch and wait situation.

GPs in the main are following NICE guideleines, protocols and evidence based practice, blood tests and other investigations aren't always the way forward.

like I say IMO

Back