Bubblegumbodw's Diary & WI Record

the wii fit is great isn't it bubblegum? although I haven't been on mine for ages, never seem to find time without someone being in the same room as me. Will have to put it in the conservatory and shut the blinds!!!

I use ours when lo goes to bed. I must look strange because I often forget to pull the curtains. My neighbour thought I was meditating the other day. I was just trying to stay still for a balance thingy!

Yesterday was an ok day. I managed to talk hubby into taking me out for dinner, so we went to my sis-in-laws pub to try out their new chef.

Had saved 11.5 points, so felt quite good about choices. I really wanted to have seafood thai green curry with rice but decided to have Tuna steak with sweet chilli sauce, boiled pots and veggies. Had olives and warm bread to start and no pudding. I'm such a good girl! lol

Today has been a bit up and down. I maybe didn't eat enough up till this afternoon and found I was very light headed. I'd had 2 boiled eggs, some pea & ham soup and a roll. After a lay down I decided on WW curry & ricew, which I won't be having again - it was horrible! A bowl of strawbs, with a scoop of high in fat creamy ice cream was a very yummy dessert.

I do feel much better, so maybe I needed to even out my points better.

Tomorrow is WI day and I'm worried that my 2 days of dodginess will wreck my week. I'll feel happy if I STS, and be ecstatic if I even lose 1/2 lb. I'm so easily pleased!

It's going to be a hard day tomorrow as we're off to m-i-l and I know I'll find it stressful which always affects my eating. I'm going with my trusty sugar free gum, so lets see how the day pans out.

At least it's after my WI that we'll be going, so if I do have a total write off of a day, it's only the first in my week. AND my points are going back to normal tomorrow, so that'll help me out.

God I do go on....

Hmm, well WI wasn't great. 1lb on. I knew I was looking hopeful even if it was STS but I'm disappointed with myself as if I'd stayed strong on Thursday, then I'd have been ok. Never mind...onwards and upwards - or should it be downwards? Nevertheless, I've still lost 5lb in 2 wks which is still to be celebrated.

This week I'm aiming to lose 2lb. That's 1 for last week and 1 for this one.

Yesterday was a difficult day. We visited m-i-l. I didn't used to find it stressful, but since I had lo I really do. I always feel like she's trying to take over and she's constantly buzzing round him. He can't move sometimes. Mind you he's now beginning to say 'no' and 'down', which helps. She also shortens his name which frustrates me as it's not a name which shortens easily. Apart from that she's lovely, she must be as she had my lovely hubby, but I do wish she'd back off a bit. <sigh>

I spent the day shattered anyway due to a heavy week and bad previous night with lo, but was pleased with what I ate:

1 lamb chop, 1 sausage, 1 piece chicken, boiled potato salad, (no mayo, just olive oil and coriander, lemon juice) and green salad.

No dinner as we ate at home due to both still being stuffed when we left there. I had a fair few points left, so had a tin of baked beans, a banana and 2 rich tea creams.

Today I'm on my knees. Everything aches again and I just want to sleep. Not a chance tho as lo is swimming today so we're off there. My mum offered to drive me but I think I'll just about manage. It won't leave much energy for this afternoon, but daughter has a friend round so they will no doubt entertain lo.

Let the day commence!

Ah, note to self, must buy new shopping & eating out guide.

Hey bubblegum ... awww i can sympathise about your mil ....
my mil was like that when my lil boy was very new but he doesnt like being picked up anymore and prefers to be out in the garden with grandad ! so think it sorta pushed her nose outta joint hehe ..... but she is lovely .
Im sure this week ahead will be a good one hun and hope you get a good loss next week :) ...
xxx

Not if you're a Saints fan!

A strange day today. Dreadful night with lo - up at 1am ish then awake at 5.15am for the day though I ignored him till 6am as he wasn't indignant rather than upset that I'd not get him up. No bread, so boiled eggs for brekkie. I'm going on the fact that 2 large eggs are 1.5pts each? Managed to keeep lo awake till lunch time at 11.45, but then daughter wants a lift to clear her locker out at school, so I bundle lo up, who fell asleep in his lunch and off we go. Except that he woke up just as I returned 1 hour later, so my rest was up the swanny. Had 2 slices of toast and tblsp of raisins for lunch. Off to mums to try get a break and had 3 rich tea biscuits, to tide me over till I got back from getting eldest son from his volunteering. Lamb fillet 150g - 5pts?, with mashed spud, carrots, peas, then nectarine and 100g of Mackies dairy ice cream - 4pts? By my reckoning that gives me 4 left. Trouble is I'm shattered and really don't feel like eating, but have to stay up to collect daughter at 10pm from a party 30 mins drive away.

To top that hubby comes in from work, falls asleep on settee for 45 mins, stating how tired he is, which annoys me. I'd love to sleep, but no chance.

The other strange thing, and I know I shouldn't do it, is that I got on the scales and am another lb heavier than Sunday. How come? I was under points yesterday but not by many and should be only 4 under today. Maybe going from 21 to 26 is enough to tilt the balance? I know if it doesn't recover I'll be gutted on Sunday WI. Exercise not good as I'm just so shattered there's nothing left in the tank so far this week. :(

This is one of my 'I sound like a broken record' posts lol

KEEP OFF THE SCALES :whoopass: Seriously a mid week wi is never normally a good idea. I weighed myself on Sunday and had gained 2lbs by the time I had my wi on Monday Id lost those 2lbs and another 2 :)

Constant weighing is ok - well no its not but its better - if youre on a VLCD and you can see a daily difference. On something like WW your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day its not even funny.

Stick to one wi a week. Same scales, same clothes, scales in same place ;)

Sandy is soooo right, lots of things can affect a wi especially if you have not left it for the week!!! Stay away from the scales because it could be water, it could be hormones, it could be any number of things and you need to stay positive hun xxx :) You're doing so well, stick with us!

Ok, <holding hands up in air>, I promise, no more mid week sneeky peeks. I will either resist temptation or give scales to my daughter to hide until Sunday morning. Her room is such a state I'd never find them anyway! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the boost you 2. I'm feeling very tender up top this morning and I'm just over mid cycle, so maybe that's why the increase? Anyway, will stick with the 26 points, try and leave enough energy to exercise and think positive.

Much better nights sleep so just knackered instead of exhausted today.

Off to pick up daughters prom dress this morning ad P day is looming. For all those reading this who have daughters approaching prom year, start saving as early as you can as it costs a fortune to hire a dress! ;)

Ok, positive head on....toast, nectarine and apple eaten for brekkie....off we go with a zoom!

Morning hun, have to agree on the STOP mid week peeks!! Hiding them in your daughter's room sounds like a MUCH better idea!
I dont have any so can't look - although did a sneaky peek on gym scales yesterday but ignoring them as I know they'll be nothing like official scales! **Its hard to resist the scales isn't it?!**

Anyway, 5lbs in 2 weeks is amazing hun, I'd be happy with that and if you manage 2lbs this week that's a SILVER 7 in just 3 weeks!! I want one I want one *stamps feet*. Ha!
Happy hunting on teh prom dress... I was looking in Debenhams fo rwedding dresses and they had some lovely prom dresses for £60-£70?! (I'm actually thinking of getting one as a wedding dress as I want a ballerina puffy skirt type one) and I'm doing the wedding on a tight £5k budget!!
(Sorry I always seem to turn threads into all about me!!)

Glad you're feeling better, I don't know how you mother's cope with little bubs, just getting up at 5am and going to bed at 10 and I'm knackered... hats off to you! xxxxx

Oh my goodness, what a whirlwind few days. Well my daughters prom passed successfully, although we nearly didn't get her there as a road accident shut off the road out of the village. Thankfully they re-opened it 40 mins prior to her prom and we got her to her limo on time. She'd had a major strop as she had to come home and couldn't go to the after party at someones house. Almost sent me running for the biscuits but I didn't, luckily.

My lo had a hissy fit lasting just under 2 hours from midnight on Wednesday. It ended with him getting so cross I wouldn't get him out of his cot that he jumped up and down in rage and bounced himself right out! One lovely bump on his head, and now a new bed adorns his room. First night in it tonight and he wasn't keen, but now sleeping. Hope he stays like that till later than 5.45.

Been trying to get the garden ready for his 2nd Birthday bbq in 3 weeks but it's been such a long week and I'm so tired, that not as much as we'd have liked has been done. Still, we have time and hopefully with some decent sleep all will be well.

I'm not holding out much for tomorrows WI. I've been bang on my points, though very little exercise, but I just feel really bloated. Only time will tell.

Positive points from this week:
I didn't shoot my daughter
I didn't hit the food when under extreme stress caused by the above!

Negatives:
So tired, hardly any exercise done.

Hey, goods outweigh the bads, so a good week. Got my new food & shopping guides too, so good to go.

Och you had a tough week hun! But you stuck to the plan, that's really great x Stress makes me want to eat as well...Good call on the not letting her to the afterparty thingy...I remember the afterparty's after my prom and they were wild...and I hear kids are even crazier these days!!! ;) Better to be safe than sorry! I can't believe you have a two year old and a daughter of prom age!!! Big gap...and sure no wonder you're shattered x Well best of luck for weigh in anyways and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I've got a son of almost 19 too! It's easier than you think as the older 2 look after themselves pretty much, so it's like having an only child in some respects. Mind you the bones are older and don't let me forget it sometimes!

Well, WI this morning has been done and I've STS. I'm reasonably happy with that considering I feel so bloated. Have decided to drop my points to 23 this week to see what happens.

Off for a picnic with friends today ahnd a run about with our little ones, unless rain stops play of course!

Had a lovely day out and stayed within my points, so I'm a happy bunny. Lo went in his big boys bed tonight with no trouble and hopefully will sleep as well as last night.

This IS going to be a good week.

Awww sounds like your lil one is loving his big boys bed! .. were getting one made for our son as his room is so small! i cant wait to take the next step! His cot was rubbish he climbed out of it at 10 months ! lol ...

Hmmm, well I resolved this week to be a good one, and food wise it has been so far. I was going to up my exercise, BUT...I stepped on a nail in our garden yesterday. Ouch!

I pulled it out of my foot, cleaned and antiseptic'd it, but 6 hours later it began to swell and my foot went stiff. One trip to the walk in centre later, I've been tetanus jabbed, got antiobiotics and painkillers. Told to elevate foot and see how it goes.

Thankfully it's less painful this morning so far, but I haven't really walked much yet.

Bang goes my walk and picnic today. It's picnic in the garden all the way!

God hun, TG you went and got your tetanus jab! You can't ever leave things like that because you know yourself you could get blood poisoning and end up very sick...or worse!!! You poor thing...at least you can get a little pampered...with cups of tea or tv or dvds! :) Rest up and never worry about the exercise...sure you're not well x Hope you're not in too much pain!

Hmm, pampered? Only that evening. Hubby was off to work leaving me running (hobbling) about after lo. Swelling has gone down this morning and it's much easier to walk on.

A good food day. Snuck in an almond croissant as i really faniced it. It meant I had to be careful at dinner, but amazingly faggots, mash and peas only came to 7 points. Well happy bunny!

Today have some jobs to do. My kitchen looks like Widow Twanky's Laundry as my daughters idea of cleaning her room is chuck all the washing out that on the floor! Trouble is, I sort it and throw anything back that's not dirty! :D

Back