Bubbles Weightloss Diary

Ok so thought I would start a diary. I am starting my calorie counting tomorrow. I think its about the only diet I have never done! Tried all the rest with successes and fails.

I have about 5st to lose :(

I did lose quite a bit before I got pregnant but put it all back on in pregnancy and after. Boo hoo..

I shall post my menus and losses and hopefully no gains!

Wish me luck :p

Welcome Hun,

I'm hoping to lose 5 stone aswell, so we are both in the same place. I only started Calorie counting last Monday, and am really enjoying it (I can't believe I just wrote that! :eek:)

I'm looking forward to seeing your food diary, if you need anything, just ask, and some friendly person will be here to help :)

Enjoy your weight loss journey, and Good Luck!

Carol x

Thanks Carol!

Well done on your brill weight loss thus far! Rock on. I really hope I can do this. I am so sick of being obese!! Especially in this heat. Its horrific!

I got lots of low cal foods today and just aiming to do my best. I have been used to snacking when I feel like it so its gonna be a test.

Post my food tomorrow for the day :) quite looking forward to that bit!

xx

You'll do great!

Calorie counting really puts you in control, and it makes you feel really good about yourself. I was really surprised last week as to how many calories I'd have normally eaten, on a day where I thought I wasn't over eating! :eek:

Are you going to plan your day in advance, or just add up as you go along?

I try to plan my lunch in advance, otherwise I really struggle in work if I don't have any 'good' food to eat!

Carol x

I actually have about 6st to lose but I am starting with 5st and see how I feel after as I am not into being twig like, just healthier and I dont mind a stone or two over. See how I feel.

I am going to plan each day. I need a notebook so I can keep on track with it.

I know I will have a shocker when the realisation sets in about how many cals I was putting away LOL. How many do you have a day? I was going for 1500 to start with.
x

I probably have about 6st to lose as well, but I'm going to stick to 5 and see how I feel :)

I don't agree with these 'standard' weights, everybody should have their own healthy weight, and I'm sure with 5 stone off I'll be much healthier!

Each day I try to stick to below 1400 calories, and I don't feel hungry, so I'm happy with that :) I did start last week on 1500, and just found that i was eating extra to make up the calories lol.

You should start on 1500 and see how you feel.

What times of day do you think you'll find difficult, and which food are you weaknesses?

x

Good luck on your journey x

I'm another one enjoying losing weight by counting calories :) My starting point was very similar to yours, I had just over five stone that I wanted to lose, and I'm now halfway there, but also like you I want to lose a bit more than that really, probably an extra stone. Best of luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hi everyone!

Well Day 1 here I come! All us 5stoners need to stick together LOL

DecemberBride - I actually eat rather healthily, believe it or not but my prob is portions! Oooh err! I like a big portion LOL so I need to rectify that but I am gonna heap my plate with salad and lots of veg to fill it out more. I dont eat meat at all but I do eat fish.

My downfalls are chocolate and bread and around 5 onwards! So need to try and sort this out. I am nervous about today.

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies and supportive messages.

I have started with my nescafe latte as I simply cant start a day without it. I have tried! I think I might go out today and get some more low cal foods so I am not desperate. There is no bad food in the house to be honest. I dont let my son eat junk. His treat day is Saturday and even then he only has some buttons or something.

I dont know what to have for breakfast! I weighed myself first thing and wanted to cry to be honest. Disgraceful! Oh well lets hope its reduced by next Tuesday :)

Will be back later to update with my menu for day

Thank you xsarahx and rigby and gonnagetslim for your lovely comments xx

xx

People generally lose a lot in the first week, and so if you keep on track and get a good loss next week then that is all the motivation you will need!

To be honest, I weighed myself about 3 days in just to see if there was a change and I think I had already lost 4lbs, so although I wouldn't recommend such regular weighing, I don't think it is a problem at the start if it keeps you motivated!

Hello all

Day 1 has gone ok although its the witching hour for me and I crave foods - I dont think I have spent my cals wisely but there are some things I have to have to enjoy food, ie. olive oil etc. I simply dont like cheap tasteless low fat salad dressings! Call me a snob hahaha

Ok so here it is :

Breakfast -

nescafe latte (150)
2 raw health crackers (240) - seems alot but these are thick and full of superfood ingredients and I need to use them up!
2 eggs scrambled (160)
10g flora light (35)

Snack - Juicy fruit bites (93)
1 grapefruit (not sure of cals!) does anyone know?

Lunch

Avocado salad - 190
15ml olive oil - 138
45ml - extra extra low fat mayo - 57

Took a pic of the salad but not sure how to upload it? It was beautiful! A masterpiece in the salad world lol

Dinner

veggie bean enchiladas - 480

So there you go! Day 1 nearly over

Well Done Hun

Looks like a great start :)

Speaking of adding something to your salads, this weekend, I found Salad Light spray in the supermarket, it comes in Casaer dressing or balsamic, and is only 1 calorie per spray. It was quite nice, and worth a try :)

Keep up the good work

Carol x

Hi everyone

Had a mad day yday and didnt really keep track of cals as my little boy been ill so I didnt get a moment to myself. I was deffo under my daily allowance anyway so no worries there.

Another day and he is a bit perkier today so will try and keep track today.

x

Well done bubbles on a great start. I have tried all sorts of diets in the past, and can't believe how different I feel now I am in control with calorie counting. I use the foodfocus website to keep a track of my calories - it does all the adding up for you, and is quite straightforward to use. Like you, I find around 4 - 5pm a really difficult time, but have started eating my evening meal then. It has worked so far. No snacking, and I don't get hungry again before bedtime, which I thought I would. And my son loves it too as he has someone eating with him!

Oh no, hope you're feeling better soon :(

Back