Buffet suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by WannabeThinna, 3 December 2013.

1. WannabeThinna

WannabeThinna Well-Known Member

I have all the family every year for a buffet tea on Boxing Day and I need SW friendly suggestions that won't leave the "civilians" feeling they've missed out on our usual spread. I'm making frittata instead of quiche and joes sausages wrapped in Turkey bacon instead of sausage rolls, but more suggestions would be welcome! Thx :)
  2. abisaurus

abisaurus Well-Known Member

marinated chicken chunks or prawns, mini sticky sausages, devilled eggs, potato salad, coleslaw, homemade potato wedges, mini jacket potatoes/ SW roasties, fromage frai cheese dip, breadsticks (store bought) thai fishcakes, mini burger patties, falafel, roasted chickpeas.

3. WannabeThinna

Great suggestions abisaurus, thanks! :)
  4. louise1982

louise1982 Well-Known Member

Spiced chicken drumsticks, pizza made with wraps as a base, mini scotch eggs(I use quails eggs), roasted new potatoes coated in spices, devilled eggs, a selection of cooked meats, SW pate, SW trifle, pasta salad, baked potato 1/2s the potato filling mixed with bacon, mushroom and topped with cheese.
  5. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

Just an idea if you want to be lazy
  6. WannabeThinna

More great suggestions, thanks ladies! :)
  7. efk

efk Well-Known Member

Quorn have started doing cocktail sausages which are 1/2 syn each. That means you can have 3 instead of 1 cocktail sausage!!
  8. WannabeThinna

I've got some of Joe's chipolatas, which are free so I'll be filling up on those :)