Bugger!

Mille

Oh bugger I think I've knocked myself out of ketosis not through being naughty I think I have done it with veg too much blooming veg grhhhh plus totm is on the way but onwards and upwards back to,it no veg for a while

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

1st weigh in 3.11.13. - 9lbs

Mille what veg did you eat cause it would take ALOT of veg to knock you out unless you ate something very carby like potatos?

Tracyx

No potatoes just veg and protein I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm only a lb down and I Dnt have the dreaded ketosis breath but I will get straight back into it going not not sway off the meal packs my goal was 2st by Xmas but not sure I'll make that now after this hiccup x

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

It's ok hun I've done it myself. I've slipped in and out of ketosis a few times and sometimes am baffled as to why! But stick with it and you will lose lose lose.
I honestly have no idea why - maybe it's our bodies adjusting or rebelling.
I tend to use MFP now and input everything and keep my carbs as low as possible and that really helps. Even if I have extra veg in a meal I check the carbs then adjust my other packs to stick within the ketosis guidelines.
Everyone's different and it could be that your body is more sensitive.
Good luck and don't be put off. You will still lose weight even if not in ketosis. But you won't lose weight if you give up. Stay strong!! And get that ketosis breath back!! Lol xx

Thanks Hun I will not give up I will get that god dame smelly ketosis breath back lol x

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

Millie I am now 99% certain that 4 packs is just too many carbs for me to stay in ketosis as the last time i did simplicity back in the summer i followed the plan for 6wks and lost 1lb a week so gave up, and now this time i didnt start losing until i switched to the lifestyle plan so maybe your the same?

I would give it another week and see what happens and then maybe you should try the lower carb lifestyle plan it might be just what you need to boost those losses.

I am having 3 packs a day with a small salad every night of lettuce, red onion and either chicken, ham or eggs and I have now lost 11lbs in 2wks x

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a go.
Only a 1lb loss this week so will give it a go and change it up a bit.

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

I'm OK on 4 packs but everyone is different.

I agree with Tracy, I struggled to stick within carb allowance on 4 packs but 3 packs and a meal is 99% always nice and low!! It's all about experimenting with what works for you. Good luck xx

I'm going to stick to 3 packs and that's it and see the weigh in results Sunday x

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

2nd weigh in 10.11.13 -1lbs

Millie i was chatting to someone on the Slim and Save Forum the other day who was having a similar issue to us and the slim and save admin staff basically posted to say what I was saying was correct and although most people are fine on 70g of carbs some people are not. They said the best thing to do is either switch to the lifestyle plan for a week and have 3 packs plus a low carb protein meal as its much lower in carbs or stay on simplicity but avoid having any spaghetti bolognaise, chicken soup, or any bars for the week. They said if you follow one of these 2 suggestions you should see a change in your weight loss.

I am so glad they confirmed things because the last time I followed the plan I followed it for 6wks and apart from the initial water weight i barely lost anything so im so glad to know It wasnt me doing anything wrong x

Last edited:
Ok thanks

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

2nd weigh in 10.11.13 -1lbs

Back