Bulgur wheat

mia_angel

Silver Member
Does anyone like bulgur wheat, im thinking of having some with chicken salad tomorrow and feta yummm (red day)

Its 1 syn for cooked 28g, so i think i might have double the amount :D

yep I love it. I mixed some in with wholegrain rice yesterday to get some extra fibre in. I was on a extra easy day.

Is great to make a stuffing with too for Chicken.

Try it soaked in stock, then mixed with chopped mixed peppers a drained can kidney beans & loads of chopped fresh coriander for yummy sin free lunch on green. Even better if you add few chopped sundried tomatoes ( sins) Yum

There is a SW recipe somewhere which I have adapted slightly. You get some bulgur wheat and soak it in boiling water and let it cool. Drain off any excess water. Then you mix in chopped parsley and mint, seasoning, satsuma segments and pomegranate. It is very simple, but tastes much better than it sounds and looks lovely.

pretty sure you can make a veggie chilli with it. marks and spencers used to do a tinned veggie chili years ago with bulgar wheat and it was fantastic.

Blimey 28g is nothing lol, ive had to change it to 84g (3 syns) for a decent amount. Thank god i had some syns left :)

It is absolutely gorgeous stuff, lovely in a risotto in place of arborio as we found out when we discovered last minute that we'd ran out - you don't need to weigh out as much bulgar as you would arborio tho, as it ends up as a huge portion.

The lazy version from the Ainsley Harriot range is really yummy too, especially the mushroom one, which we cook with extra mushrooms, leeks and a mixed bean salad, with an egg on top - heaven!

Am i measuring correct, i measure the amount after its cooked?

I had it with chicken salad and feta (HEA) it was filling actually :D

Back