Bullion?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Cait, 12 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Cait

Cait Full Member

Bullion (sp?). I've hear about this on this board. What is it? Does it make a kind of broth-y drink?
    And, where in the supermarket can it be found??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Near the stock cubes. There's a few different ones . Mine is a green tin marigold Swiss vegetable Bouillon powder but i hear there is also a low salt one
    I mix 1 tsp in a mug of boiling water and it tastes like clear soup
    Irene xx

4. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Bouillon (pronounced bweeyon) - is just a French word for "stock".

It's basically like a light vegetable stock that you generally use in cooking, but you can just simply mix it with hot water to make a nutritious drink. It's very tasty.

(I find the regular Marigold one too salty and get the low salt one)

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

And all this time I've been pronouncing it 'Bully-on'!! Now I feel silly!!! :eek:

6. minime

minime Gold Member

Does anyone know which shops sell the low salt version. I've tried local asda and tesco neither have low salt version. I'm desperate as I've eaten 3rd CD pack already and am determined not to cheat, was looking for this to help me along.

Minime

7. HellyWelly

HellyWelly Member

Have you tried the Cambridge Savoury Vegetable Drink. It says that it is bouillon on the tub. Is this that same sort of stuff?

It costs £6.50 a tun from my CDC

Helen

8. HellyWelly

HellyWelly Member

Ok.. that should not say a tun it should say TUB!!!!

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

LMAO ... that is so funny!!!! :D :D :D

10. minime

minime Gold Member

I see my counsellor on Sunday so will buy their savoury pack to keep me on track. I bought the normal one this evening as I was really struggling, I know its higher in salt so I'll drink an extra litre of water to make up for it. The choice was between that and food so proud of myself that I never went for the food.

Thanks for your replies.:)

11. Lola

Lola Regular Member

lol, me too!