BUMP!<-- me falling off the SW waggon :(

Hayleyberrybenj

Well I've been so good for the 8 weeks I've been on SW.Had a minor blip involving wine spritzers that I panicked about but after posting on here I had it pointed out I was still within my weekly allowance,calmed down and still lost 2.5 lbs that week..so happy days :)
Anyway! I've had my first "off plan" day and feel crap about it.We ended up going to London yesterday for my daughters 6th bday treat.I ordered a black coffee at the science museum but "helpful" hubby then bought me a tuna mayo sandwich which dumbo me ate :eek:.No idea how many syns there were in it as there was no nutritional info on the pack.Then we went to the rainforest cafe and I ordered a pasta dish which arrived dripping in oil and one bottle of bud turned into two.Managed to resist pudding ..PHEW!
What do you do when you can't find out the exact syns in things?I'm desperate to know just how bad I was tbh..the sandwich was on wholemeal bread with tuna mayo and cucumber.The pasta was linguine with chicken,prawns,chorizo,bell peppers,onions.Do I just average out the syns for a serving of each?Confused :confused:
Already done my three day "recovery" plan which involves copious amounts of blackberries and strawberries with fish,garden peas,beans etc that show as SS foods.
I know I'll be told not to worry but seriously I feel terrible and angry at myself for sabotaging my journey when I was going so well! :cry:

Hey hun, I wouldnt call one bad day falling of the wagon, but I would say that as I did the same this weekend for my sons birthday too! I have decided to try and use only a few syns over the rest of the week and lots of SS foods too, days like these are going to happen every now and then as we are only human and life is too short not to have the odd treat (within reason) lol Ive decided if I have a sts this week it will be worth it as I had a great day with my family and ill work hard next week to get it off. You have done amazing with your losses! Good luck :)

Ok i really think you did not do that badly you used more syns than you normally would but it was a day out.
12 syns for the 2 beers
tuna mayo 22.5 syns .... (yikes BUT if it was wholemeal bread and you had not used a HEB you could minus 6)
the pasta dish i think all you would syn was the chorizo and the oil and it is almost impossible to do this accurately (but 2 1/2 syns per 28g on red or extra easy for chorizo and oil is 2 syns per tblsp... so depending on what you estimate i would say 4 1/2 to 9 syns)

SO yes it is a lot of syns but not more than a weeks worth.

Your choice now is to count it as a flexi syn evening (should really decide on this before you go in the future) and just continue as normal and maybe just sts this week or have a small loss.

or

Cut back to 5 syns a day until weigh in and increase your speed foods and you may still lose.

Teresa

Tx mummyEm..glad you had a fab family day and good luck at WI this week xx
Derbynanny thanks so much for calculating that for me!I had no other HEb so can minus 6 thankfully and I'll go with the higher 9 syns for the pasta because it really was very oily. So "around" 37.5 syns which I guess is bad but not impossible to recover from.I'll go with zero syns mon/tues/wed (WI 6pm wed) and focus on my SS foods as I've done on my recovery plan I sat and wrote last night.
I hadn't planned to go out as my daughter was ill so we decided at the last minute and just jumped on the train but ill definately plan better in future:eek: x

ok..thanks :) Will use them on mustard and a glass of reduced alcohol wine spritzer with soda water.. my new best friends :p x

Really dont beat yourself up about, you have had weeks on plan and one day off is it really that bad? Slimming world plan is for life so a flexible day here and there is going to happen, as long as you draw a line and then carry on you will be fine.

I can understand you feeling cross with yourself, but honestly it's not that bad. If you're estimating in the region of 40 syns, I have that every saturday evening with a takeaway and a glass of wine and have lost every week. I just really moderate during the week and count syns weekly. You should also remember how much worse it could have been - if you weren't on SW you probably would have had pudding, a more synful main, an extra beer etc etc but instead you were mindful of it and kept some control. You did well!

BEEP! BEEP!

Wagon driver here!:character00182: Sorry I didnt see you fall off. Hop back on please... No time to lose!! Got to keep trucking!
:bolt:

think about all the walking u would have done and the underground stairs!!!

Really, it isn't that bad - it's only bad if you don't get back track and let the one day become two, then three, then a week, a month...

Cut back on the syns for the rest of the week, lots of superfree but don't starve yourself, and you will probably stay the same or even have a loss.

This is real life though, there are always days we can't control as well as we would like, and we need to learn to deal with it. You were at least conscious of what you were doing, and it could have been a lot worse!

One of the girls if she feels shes had a bad weekend, she has Melon Monday, which is basically with or after every meal she makes sure she has Melon. And just snacks on Melon - seems to work for her.
And I know if I ever fall off the wagon, i'll try anything lol :eek:) x

Thankyou sooo much everyone x I lost 1.5lbs,got joint slimmer of the week and am very happy :D Quite surprised to but proof that you can recover from a "bad day" if you follow plan I guess so feeling very motivated xxx

Woo hoo ! Well done :) Thats a nice sucess story of turning it around, well done you x

Thats wonderful news. You sound so relieved and pleased. I'm so glad you managed to draw a line under the day and get back on track so well.

Back