Burlesque

evanesco

I'm the tortoise.
Yes I am! I've lost my zest for pole dancing, mostly down to not being able to do the 'sexy' side of it. So on 6th Jan I'm starting a 6 week burlesque course. I will find my inner vixon and drag her out. I need to be on plan, because I want to lose 8lbs by then.

Thats brilliant, I hope you really enjoy it. I've not got the confidence to try it, cant wait to hear how you get on.
Good luck with your weight loss.

I would love to try this. Think once I get to target I'll give it a go! You'll need to let us know how it goes :)

Do you have to wear a basque to do it?:cool: I would never have the nerve to try! I would probably slip a disc!

She said leggings and a t shirt, but, I quote 'people generally get more daring as the weeks go by'. I asked about shoes, if my pole shoes would be ok, she said bring them, but also bring something a little lower (my pole shoes are 6"), so I'll probably take some 4", heels are compulsory. I told her I'd wear shorts and a vest, it's what I wear for poleing anyway. I also told her I have the sexual prowess of a fish, she called me 'Smoky Von Haddock'!

Hi evanesco,

I took pole dancing lessons last January and February (I think I did about 6 two hour lessons). It was good fun, but very hard work (I do not have a lot of upper body strength). I was at goal (which I am not now -- I am a restarter). The lessons were two hour, which I thought was way too much. I thought a hour would be better -- my legs were killing me after each session. It got better though.

Is that photo on your avatar you?

MinnieMel

Hi Mel, that is me, a friend edited for me, but the original was of me. It was when I was fitter, I've been of for over a year, so imagine I'm probably back to a more basic level, shouldn't take long to pick it up again.

Awesome picture. I have a few of me (I was a bit fitter, too), but I never did that manuver.

I'm setting myself monthly challenges with my pole work and my first one is to get that one 'the butterfly' back to as well as I could perform it there by end of December.

Oh, always wanted to get poledancing lesson. I love burlesque as well.
I guess it's just finding a right place and good coach.
How did you find your course?

Mine advertised in the local paper -- pole dancing for fitness. I have found another instructor by word of mouth (whom I've not tired, yet) -- and she said that she would do one house lessons instead of the painful and exhausting two hour ones the other instructor did.

I might try local papers then.
Girls, did you buy professional pole first?
I did good research and the only really good ones I can find (the ones that I am not risking braking the neck first time I try to do some fancy moves!!!) would cost around £180. Is this what you'd expect to pay?
I might treat myself to pole for Xmas, ho ho ho xxx

I found someone local who runs classes, but she wasn't really professional, I did well with her though. I think she runs them a lot better now, I just haven't got round to going back to classes with her yet. I have my own pole, so it's not really necessary for me to rush, until I get stuck with something. The only pole I would recommend is the X-Pole. It's a professional stand pole and totally removable, really easy to put up and take down, though mines up all the time anyway. You can get them from Ann Summers I can't recommend it enough >.<

I never bought my own pole but I was thinnking about it. The problems is that I have bought a lot of exercise equipment over the years and then not used it. I didn't think my husband would be too pleased. Hard to believe, but true.

MM

Thank you for the link. I am most def going to buy this pole - looks fab. At the moment I have a few things I have to deal with but once it's done, nothing will stop me now!!!Ah, apart from financial side as I would have to wait until January to see if there is any way I could afford it after Xmas.
I don't have any upper body strenght so it will not be smooth ride but hey ho - if we really want something we CAN actualy do it.
I am so xcited about it already...

You can pay in installments, I'm not sure if I mentioned that. And the upperbody strength will come, I promise, and it's surpsrising how quickly it builds too.

Anyway, 2 weeks of Burlesque and it's fab. She's fashioned the classes so that they are more like a workout. So much fun.

They had Dita von Teese on This Morning today.Apparently she's made a film.

Back