Burning Question about snacks!!

Huseyin

Silver Member
How many of the snacks can we have during the day?

Can we have 250g of fruit and then later on have Jelly?

I had a discussion with a LLC and she said you only have one of the snacks per day and cannot have 2 or 3

However my LLC said it was ok and you could have them.

Spoke to a friend who has done t and she said its fine also and that you can have all 3 snacks listed for the week.

What is your experience guys im actually worried about the snack issue as im in week3 and fruit is on the menu, just had jelly and would love the 250g of fruit right now.

thanks in advance :)

Hi H

I ate lots and lots and lots of salad as snacks, and also lots of fruit. I did not weigh or measure anything....just used common sense. Did get concerned at one point and started tracking. BUt I can't really advise about portions as I never paid attention to them - I just followed my instinct mostly.

Just be careful with bananas - lots of carbs and calories. But I ate lots of apples and berries and yogurt for snacks, pretty much whenever I needed something.

Thanks BL :) so basically im good to go, You are now the 4th person to say that so going by averages i think you are absolutely right.

Still i shall weigh the fruit and try to have the recommended guidelines but i shal be having jelly and fruit portions during the day ;)

Be careful about some fruit, some things have much higher levels of sugar in them (which may in turn make you binge more ) than others.
I like to follow this small guide below and measure my portions accordingly. Fruit is awesome, but too much of a good thing isn't all that great! :D I mean we have heard people going a bit crazy when they hit the grapes, it's no coincedence they're at the bottom of this list...

-
(taken from: Low-Carb/Low-Sugar Fruits: A list of the best and the worst fruit for low-carb dieters. )

Fruits Lowest in Sugar

* Small Amounts of Lemon or Lime
* Rhubarb
* Raspberries
* Blackberries
* Cranberries

Fruits Low to Medium in Sugar

* Strawberries
* Casaba Melon
* Papaya
* Watermelon
* Peaches
* Nectarines
* Blueberries
* Cantaloupes
* Honeydew Melons
* Apples
* Guavas
* Apricots
* Grapefruit

Fruits Fairly High in Sugar

* Plums
* Oranges
* Kiwifruit
* Pears
* Pineapple

Fruits Very High in Sugar

* Tangerines
* Cherries
* Grapes
* Pomegranates
* Mangos
* Figs
* Bananas
* Dried Fruit (Dates, Raisins, Dried Apricots, Prunes)

Thanks M thats is really helpful i think i will stick to the Fruits in the Low to medium range for now :)

Thanks BL you made my day about the jelly.

Will be having my fruit and jelly tonight then :)

Back