Busy evening in the kitchen - full tummy and full freezer!

Daisyboo

We get our veg box delivered on a Wednesday so made the most of hubby getting home late from work and went on a bit of a cooking marathon! So I have made:

- Parsnip & carrot curry soup (freezer!)
- Sweet potato & carrot & ginger soup (freezer!)
- Cauliflower cheese with wedges (for dinner)
- Chocolate scan bran cake (1/4 for pudding - yumm!!)

Hoping this sets me up for a good couple of weeks!!

Sounds great...wish someone would do that cooking for me! Now I am a bit confused though...I've heard of others have veg boxes delivered...is this common??

i have one delivered on a wednesday too from riverford organics they are great il be ordering a salad one in the summer.

Ah, so is it mainly organic growers that deliver? Sounds interesting.

We are in Falkirk, Scotland. We get fruit and veg and 6 free range eggs delivered each week for £10.50 from a local farm : Your Local Farm | Welcome to Your Local Farm

Its definately making me make more soups and using more veg in cooking meals, cassaroles etc. We have even started a fruit collection at work now - everyone puts in £1.50 a week and we get the big fruit bag delivered to the office. Like to think my SW healthiness is rubbing off on everyone ;) The woman I share an office with has start SW this week too so must be doing something right!

Daisyboo that site looks interesting, too bad it's only in Scotland. I'm sure there is similar down here, I think I will look into that. You can't beat locally grown fresh veg!

I'm in Bath and me and my housemates get a 5aday.com fruit and veg box. We get the large one and it works out at £5 each. Such a bargain. I know they also do it back home in dorset so check out the site and see if they do it in your area xx

I'm in Bath and me and my housemates get a 5aday.com fruit and veg box. We get the large one and it works out at £5 each. Such a bargain. I know they also do it back home in dorset so check out the site and see if they do it in your area xx

i live near bath where do you get yours from as im looking into getting these delivered

Thanks Misspinky, I've found the site now am planning my first delivery. Looking forward to it!

Oh good! We get all sorts of awesome things we even had kiwi this week! Its all organic produce too so the price difference compared to if you went and bought it from the supermarket is huge! Hope you enjoy :)

Back