ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Morning girlies,

I HIT THE 10'S TODAY!! I had been *****ing and moaning and grumbling about the scales not shifting all week. Totm I suppose. Thought it was because of the bars I had (those mad, bad cravings must have been down to that, amazing how I forget about pms every month!!!) Every day has been a struggle this week. Loads of chocolates from patients as well. And a crunchie bar left in the staff room that kept calling to me... And last night made some banana bread for the ward staff - it smells incredible. And it paid off! I've had extra meals but that's always better than giving in to the food in my book.

Couldn't believe it when I saw that 10 flicker up. Stay strong ladies! It is worth it!!

On another brightish note I went to see the consultant with my father yesterday and things aren't as grim as the other doc had led me to believe. Lots more tests of course but all the right ones, at the right time, with the right doc. So very happy with his care.

Off to Italy on Thursday to 'the hill that breathes' have a google and imagine me in one of those hammocks. Food included so taking a break. And I am going to enjoy myself and drink wine. Really need a good, proper holiday! Bit gutted at the timing when I'm so close to getting the rest off and trying to chisel myself into those leathers. But I think I will have to take the inevitable gain in my stride and get my head down again when I get back. I'll need your help though! I think it will be incredibly tough on me psychologically when I come back and see a big gain and am back into the 11s. I usually put on about 10lbs refeed if I take a break :( I love Claira's countdown idea. Might have try that and a whole other set of tactics to focus.

Very glad to hear you are all so industrious about your lady gardens. Dear God the pain. Ali what date do you go to reunite with hubby?

morning girls, id love to take credit for the countdown but it was msjmc idea,
i have no size 14 jeans clean as i only have 2 opairs so had to squeeze into my size 12s from next, skinny jeans and hey im wearing them, they loosen after an hour so i can breath again now. and i forgot to weigh b4 putting them on so in jeans and jumper im 170lb was 169lb naked yesterday so hopefully a bit more off i may have even those 11s i will see tomorrow xxx
of out today so have a good one and i'll catch up later xxx

Helloooo,

Alipally, you must be looking forward to seeing Hubby. He is going to be shocked by your weight loss.

Asa, I didn't know that they didn't do the same after ss there. Try having the low carb meal. It's 190g of fish or 120g chicken or turkey or 200g Quorn mince, 190g tinned tuna or 225g of cottage chesse plus you add 2 tablespoons of veg which can be -brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, marrow, courgette or lettuce, cucumber for a salad.

Claira and Broxi you filthy, filthy girls lol.

Well done Contrary, you have a fab time in Italy and I'm pleased to hear you have had better news regarding your Dad.

MsJMC, how are you today?

Hope everyone is well xx

Me again, forgot to say I am so peeved off, I have just discovered a big bunch of varicose veins have appeared on my right thigh! How can I lose 5st and get them now -never had them before so why now? They arn't little either they are big and bulging, should I check with Doc if it's normal to develop them all of a sudden especially after weight loss.

will pop over to my old team , think i'll give it another shot hehe

Claira, you saucy thing! A hollywood!! Mind you had a look at my poor red lady garden tonight... she's left me a 50p size tuft at the top and NOTHING else!!! Obviously got carried away... no wonder it killed! OH will be pleased!;):p

Mrs ~JMC Could really do with you on the team... not enough losses are being recorded at the moment! It's not a challenge just a team thing!

Broxi, you're doing great girl... never mind not finishing.. we're all here to gee you up and keep you going right until the bitter end!

Asa... you've no idea how much I'm looking forward to seeing my man... been together for 22 years and we've never spent so much time apart!
Right I"m gonna go back to bed and hope I can sleep!
Heading over now .... running all the way lol

hi Zoe . I think now they tend to leave varicose veins , as years ago they strip them , they run in our family ,are they painful ?

No not painful-do they get painful! :eek: Oh great-what a reward from Mother nature-lose weight, here have some of these lol. My fault I suppose for being overweight all this time, just payback I guess :(

aww Zoe , you know years ago they would just strip them but they found it was not working , see how they go , but i think unless they become painful they leave them , my sister had hers done some years ago now . If you think they are getting you down go see the doctor . hows your day today ?

Well done Contrarytintagel on hitting the 10's!!! I am so glad for you! I am also glad to read about your dad! That must feel really good. Hope you have an excellent time in Italy. Why don't you give yourself a week before weighing in after the holiday? And you might have most of the gain gone by that time?

Zoe, check with the doctor about your legs. It sounds strange! Let us know what they say!

Has anyone seen the article on the mail online regarding the women on lighter life who died after 3 months on it from cardiac arrest. They say her death is inconclusive with regards to if the diet had any inpact and I know from reading stuff about this before that lean tissue loss ie around the heart shouldn't happen as long as our bmi is high enough and there is enough fat to be burnt. It stirs up such negative reactions towards this type of diet and I Know I am going to get a few comments from my family if they have read it.

The London course that work was sending me on is canceled!!! I don't mind not attending the course, but I was really looking forward to seeing you guys!!! :cry:

I am going to talk to the travel booking guy tomorrow, I might be able to use the tickets anyway (if they are non refundable), and that way I might be able to come anyway!

And if I am not coming in October, I will definitely come over for the other get together that we talked about. After new years right? One positive thing with that is that I will be done by then, and in desperate need of a brand new closet, and what better place than London to get it :D.

What do you think? Should we wait to meet up in January? Or should I try to make it in October anyway?

I have been down for a few days, and this cancellation really hit hard, that plus a over all crazy day today at work made me REALLY wanna turn to the old friend food. I had a quick talk with my boyfriend about it, and we decided that it wasn't going to fix anything. So I am glad I turned my head around it.

Well done Asa, sounds like you're beginning to really tackle the food gremlins! Every time you successfully talk yourself round I think you're one step forward and coser to cotrolling the whole food/ emotions cycle. Be proud! Gutted about October....but if you can have the tickets as
freebies why not try and come anyway - maybe bring a friend instead! Failing that we'll all still be about in January and it would be nice to have something to look forward to when all the exciting holidays are past and all we have is cold weather!

Re my weigh in - I was going to give it a few days but my CDC said people often struggle coming back off holdiday and stay in 'holiday mode' for too long and find it hard to restart the diet. She recommended weighing in the day after I return to get my head back on target straight away. She might have a point! xx

Yes, January would give us lots to look forward too!!! I guess for me it is either October or January. Did we say a time in January? Were we thinking London for that meeting too? Can more people in January than in October? I sure do want to see as many of you as possible :D.

Yes, it is hard coming back after a break, your CDC has probably seen it a couple of times before :D. And it is nice having that quick weight loss once you are back on CD as well. Is it for a week?

Contrary - the 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW
well done babe!!!

Have a great holiday too, I so wish I was coming!!! All those lovely Italians!!!!!!! Both the food and the men! ha ha!

Good news about your Dad too:)

I brought a pair of diesel jeans off ebay - got them today, and they are lovely. The dye is all intact, and do really look like they have been worn twice!!! I can get them up........ which is great news - but can't actually do them up!! I have a v shape of weight still to go!!!

Bx

Contrary - they were CHEAP - £13.50!!! Including packaging. I don't think the lady was good at marketing them, as smiliar pair of diesel ronhar are at £40, and not even ended yet!! I brought them as a size 31 waist - which is usualy a size 13 - but designer jeans are much smaller than real life.

I also have my bargin Rock and Republic jean - that I try on nearly every day!!!! heee haaa! I can actually do these up!! I brought them at a closing down sale at a local designer shop - they were £360 and I got them for £135. I always said I would have a good pair of jeans......... now I have two!!!

As soon as they are on - pictures will be up! My neighbour will be taking pictures of me later this week, so you can see me at nearly 4 stone gone!

Ladies - I am sorry, but I am so tired tonight, and I am stuggling to reply to posts!! I will do a quick one, so sorry if I miss anyone off!

MissJMC - hello!!! I don't think we have chatted before - glad you are back with us, as the more of us - the more motivation we have!!!

ActiveAsa - I am gutted your trip has been cancelled. Maybe we should make some dates for Jan or Feb - and we will all be much slimmer by then :)

Alli - nearly time for your holiday babe!!!! I bet you are sooooooo excited to see your husband. 22 years is a good marriage!

Broxi - has day 3 past yet?? If so, I hope you are starting to feel much better!!! Well done on getting through the hell days!!

Barbara - I am really sorry about your role. You are great at your job - and don't ever forget it!! You can be thin, still have a job and look for another!! I wish we worked together!

BikiniBabe - where are you darling??? I am missing your energy on here xxx

Claria - hi hun - how is the poo situation?? Are you running on empty now?? Will you hit your BMI target? How much longer before your training? I am still waiting for the pack.

Clare - how are you getting on babe?

Contrary - HOLIDAY!!!!

Louie Lou - missing you babe - how are you getting on? xxxxxx

Zoe - I haven't read that about the lady dying - that is awful. And like you, I hope none of my friends see the article!

On the subject of bikini waxes - Ladies I have been lasered!!! Yes that is right, it was my treat for packing up smoking! ha ha! I am glad the hair didn't come back when I started back on the fags!! ha ha! I had my lady garden done, and underarm. The results are incrediable - I now just have a little triangle - I decided not to have a style, becasue I thought I may look odd when I am 60 with a brazilian!! ha ha. It is great, as I now don't have any stray spiders legs poking out of my pants!!! ha ha!! I used to suffer with in-growing hairs - which looked awful, and meant I could wax. It did hurt - but the pain was worth it!!!

XXXXX

Back