butternut squash soup query

Mandy123

Hi, i found a ww recipe on you tube and im in the middle of having a go, amongst all the ingredients it mentioned chilli flakes, i could only find mild chilli powder, so when the soup is ready how much chilli powder do you think i will need, im not really a spicy person but would like to try a bit, what do you all think?

i like my soups fairly spicy so i would go for a good, full teaspoon, so maybe in your case try half a teaspoon and see how you go?

do you mind telling me what the recipe is? i fancy making a butternut squash soup.

I used a whole butternut squash, left skin on and took out seeds, chopped it all into chunks
Chopped up 4 good size toms, 2 small onions, garlic was mentioned but i left that out as im not keen, large red pepper, ive totally roasted it all with frylite and now im going to blitz it with 500ml of boiling water and then put it all in a large bowl and add another 500ml of boiling water or as much as you would like, you may want to leave it chunky and obviously mixed herbs and chilli according to taste, im hoping ive enough so i can freeze some and then enjoy xx

Leave skin on? How does this effect the taste? I make it peeled and chopped bns, red onion, white onion, carrot and red pepper. Roast it all, then shimmer for few minutes in veg stock, then blitz it all. But once iv made it I can't stop eating it. :)

I always leave the skin on too because I'm too lazy to peel it :) If you blitz it up you would never know. Tastes just as good!!

Back