By Post

I just spoke with my locum.

Found out that coffee/tea (black or with some vanilla milkshake powder in) is OK. But diet coke is NOT OK. Problem is, i pretty much live on diet coke at the moment, and i don't really drink tea/coffee at all. I never thought i'd feel this way but giving up my diet coke is so much scarier than the thought of giving up eating 'real' food. I think i'd be OK for a week or two, i can deal with the caffeine headaches, etc, but the thought of not having my beloved coke for 12+ weeks is a real big deal :-(.

Anyway, my locum was really nice, despite me calling her really late,... oops.

Right now i'm enjoying my last bottle of coke :-( *cries, but secretly excited too*

Hi again, Losing it. Glad you got to speak to your Locum and you'll be fine without Diet Coke, promise. I used to drink it before I did HW and can honestly say, once I got used to drinking the water, found I actually preferred it and Diet Coke is something I never went back to drinking! But at least, if you don't feel the same way, that's something you can look forward to after finishing dieting!

As I drank coffee, never suffered from the headaches but one of the others in my group did a bit and they did wear off after a couple of days. She just had to hit the painkillers (non sugar coated ones, of course!:D), while they lasted.

Anyway, hope Day 1 goes well for you and you're right to be excited, I know you'll start to feel great really soon!

Love Karen. xx

Hi Losing it and Karen,

Congratulations on starting Howard's Way. I do remember how excited I was when I started. I agree with Karen, make sure you drink coffee, because I too was a big coke drinker and I got really bad headaches at first and everyone said it was the diet. My Locum told me it had nothing to do with the diet and it was all to do with the caffeine. I am so pleased I didn't listen to my friends. What my Locum told me to do and it worked (so I hope it does with you), was to either put up with the headaches, but they were bad ones! or up my coffee, so I was still getting the caffeine intake. One of the maintenance ladies who was there on one of my early weigh ins (as I had to go each day), was asking how I was doing and when I mentioned what they had told me about the headaches, she said that was absolutely right, she cut down on the coffee slowly and eventually stopped. But she said she had never gone back to coke! I must admit, I do have some every now and again, but nothing like before.

So keep up the good work everyone and look forward to seeing how you get on.

Love Holly.XX

Hi Karen and Holly,

This will be my last posting tonight as I am off out.
Hope all is well with you all and you have had a good bank Holiday weekend.
My weight loss is going brilliantly and I cannot believe I am still here losing my weight. Only 2lbs to go and I have lost my 4 stones!! 4 stones!! I cannot believe I am saying that!
Anyway, look forward to your updates.

Love Abbie.XX

Hi Abbie,

Just a quick post to say well done, you are doing so well, especially with everything else you obviously have going on.

Off to my weigh in a few mins, so will catch up again soon.

Love Karen. xx

Well done indeed ladies and huge congrats to Abbie on your amazing losses- you are on fire girl! Looks like you are half way there now too- fantastic news. Well done for staying on track during difficult times. I'm still on track and shed another 3lbs this week so it's all going in the right direction gladly. Got friends round for lunch today so will be enjoying the smells and visuals today with none of the tastes! Good luck Losingit too- have seen you around the exante site as that is the plan I am following too. I hang around here too as have done Howards way in the past by post and used up their packs in the beginning. Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine today xx

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry I haven't been on in a while, but no excuse other than been really really busy.
I will try and give updates more often.
I am still on track and enjoying the summer hot weather, feeling nice and cool!!
Love Abbie.XX

Hi Everyone,

How are you all doing?

I am pleased to announce that I have stayed the same. I wasn't really surprised if I am honest, because I have got to grips with what my Locum says about feeling hungry and really I just need a drink! (no not wine!). So have been drinking lots of water, doing lots of work and lots of cleaning and sorting out at home and I feel great. So I will continue what I am doing, which isn't too hard at all.

Take care everyone and don't forget Nosh, let us know how you are getting on.

Love Holly.XX

Hi Holly,

Just a quick reply to say well done you! I agree, if I think I am hungry it is normally because I have forgotten to keep drinking the water (still try and have 2 litres a day) and really think it is that which has helped me to maintain so well for so long!

Speak soon,

Love Karen. xx

Back