Bye bye mummy tummy! Dukan round 2 :)

Violent - hahaha!!!

I agree with Joanne. Only take something to ease pain or discomfort if it been over a week. I've found wheat bran to be quite effective.

How is everything going today?

Thanks for the advice you two. Taken on board and wrist slapped.

Thanks very much, back to PP today so attempting the donner kebab tonight.

Other half is eating the same as me but he's having rice with his. Before we just made seperate meals but now I just do him the same plus rice :)

Harry seems to be on the mend thank god!

Hope your both ok xx

Thanks :) Haha! Nowt wrong with chilli for breakky ;) lol. Ooo yes I will do I'll sign in to the web version as doesn't let you on the app xx

Congratulations leigh hope the weight comes off as easy as it did the first time, i know how hard it was when i gave birth to my little girl, but keep strong you have done it once before you can do it again. xxx

Aww thanks very much :) what diet are you following? Just looked at your profile and looks like your a newbie, this site is great for moral support and encouragement; good luck whatever diet plan you are following :) xxx

Day 10 - PP

B - oatbran porridge
S - jelly
L - ham slices
D - shish kebabs

So experimented again tonight and tried making kebabs. They was ok but a little dry to swallow.

image-3446331970.jpg

image-3882286613.jpg

image-1880190699.jpg

I'm so glad you didn't mind us mentioning about the laxatives Leah... :)
Those kebabs look delicious but it's a shame they were hard to swallow. Probably a bit dry which is often an issue. Some kind of a dipping sauce might have been nice. I remember some people used to make "meat loaf" but I always found that too dry to swallow.

Check out this recipe which I used to love. I've not made it in ages as hubby doesn't like it but perhaps I'll do it next week when I'm alone weekday evenings:

Tajine de kefta aux oeufs - PV

Ingredients :
- 500 g lean mince meat
- tin tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tspsn chopped mint
- 1 tspsn chopped parsley
- 2 tspsns coriander
- 2 tspns chilli powder (or to your taste)
- 1 tspsn cumin
- Salt and pepper

- eggs (optional)
- courguettes grated and used as tagliatelle (or other veg)

In a cup mix the coriander, parsley, chilli, cumin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, add 2/3 of your herb/spice mixture to the mincemeat... and make meat balls... (smaller you make them, the quicker they cook...). Set aside (I often leave them overnight in a tupperware).

In a large pan, place tin of tomatoes, the remaining 1/3 of the herb/spice mixture, and stir over gentle heat... add a few spoonfuls of water if it might stick.

Add the meat balls, and cook COVERED for five minutes (hmm that mightn't be enough for the English palate... check!). Then take the lid off, break an egg per person into the pan, and cook until egg cooked UNCOVERED.

Meanwhile, you'll have peeled your courguette... when the green skin is removed, continue peeling all the white flesh into tagliatelle type strips... (the centre you can simply chop). Cook in microwave for 2 mins... plop in your sauce, and you have "tagliatelle" with your meat dish.

Enjoy! I used to have this every week... until my other half got fed up with it! I found a piccie, served with a salad, and a galette There's a photo here http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/206926-kefta.html but it wouldn't copy over.

(Nice to see you Sarah!!)

That sounds lovely! Mmm. Making me all hungry!!

Day 11 - PP

Today will go like this:

B - oatbran porridge
S - jelly
L - ham slices
D - eggs and bacon

Hey Leah

Aren't you hungry? Or are your portions humongous?

I am eating all the time and I stopped bothering to post my menus coz I forget what I eat most days :p.

So glad Harry is on the mend xx

oh i forgot to say!

the biscuits you recommended - omg! I am so addicted... i just eat those everyday now... on thurs i had mine in the morning and was craving another one at night so i decided to try to make it with wheat bran - and it tasted exactly the same!

so if you ever use up you oat bran allowance and want another biscuit - make it with 1 tbsp wheat bran :p

Haha good advice there regarding the biscuits! Have you tried oatbran porridge?? Love oatbran porridge it tastes like real porridge!

Harry's great now thanks babbling and squeeling away, but he's got his jabs tomorrow so might not be so happy tomorrow bless him!

I'll be honest I'm hardly eating because I'm so busy I don't have the time!

Plus me and the mister are having a night off next weekend (Saturday 8th) it's our anniversary this month so we've booked a hotel nearby and going to go for a meal in town and a few drinks to celebrate. Will be nice to have some adult time (forgot what that's like!) but will miss Harry loads!

So that also means I'll be off plan next Saturday and Sunday. I don't mind though because like I said not long ago I'm in this for the long run, and when I plan my cheats it keeps me focused so I don't have the need to cheat before as I know I'll have a cheat coming up :) xxx

Day 14- PV

B - oatbran porridge
L - chilli con carne and broccoli
D - probably won't be hungry as had lunch at 3pm, if I am hungry though will just have a tin of tuna or some beef slices

Weigh in tomorrow :) xxx

Hey leahb. Congrats. I was reading ur story and i was thinking wow ... My lil boy was born on the 28/10. I was doing dukan found out i was prego and had to stop. Put on almost 4st. I did attempt to restart on the 2nd jan but after 4 days i got really ill and had to stop. Today is my second day. I am still breastfeeding so i am following the after giving birth plan. Good luck. I am in 100% i know this plan works i just want to feel good about my body and be an example to my kids.

Good luck to us
Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

They look ok. Could you have a yoghurt and mint dip to moisten them up a bit? That's what I do with my turkey meatballs.

Plus me and the mister are having a night off next weekend (Saturday 8th) it's our anniversary this month so we've booked a hotel nearby and going to go for a meal in town and a few drinks to celebrate. Will be nice to have some adult time (forgot what that's like!) but will miss Harry loads!

So that also means I'll be off plan next Saturday and Sunday. I don't mind though because like I said not long ago I'm in this for the long run, and when I plan my cheats it keeps me focused so I don't have the need to cheat before as I know I'll have a cheat coming up :) xxx

enjoy your time off ;)

i agree with planning the cheats - did that over xmas and nye and got right back on track because i made sure i had a fridge full of my fav dukan friendly food :p

have a lovely day xx

Back