Bye bye old me, hello new me!

This new regime has got me thinking about what my kids eat too. They are sitting with tea I just cooked. I find keeping busy during the day and just drinking water helps. I'm just on my first shake now as I have not stopped all day. What broke my heart was my son saying, "mum it was so ace when we all went out today and you wasn't just sitting on the sofa..." if that's no motivation to get off my fat arse I don't know what is. Must admit though feeling super sleepy. Hope you have all had a fab day guys. Xxxx

Oh bless him - I think you need to keep a note of that somewhere to remind you why you are doing this.

Met up with my best friend who lives 60 miles from me - she's not seen me since I started this and she said to me today that I'm walking completely differently and look so much healthier
- she also commented on how clear my skin looks but that will be all the water.

I'm off out with my sister for her b'day - god help me! I'm sticking to vodka and slimline tonic and just hope i avoid the chippy on way home :-/ xx

How did the night out do love? I caved last night girlies and ended up eating a couple of slices of cold meat and a bit of cheese. Ugh I'm so pissed off with myself that I did this. I regretted it as soon as it hit my stomach. I didn't have my 3rd product last night because of this. Grrr. Hopefully today will be better. X

Omg fairy compared to what I've eaten you've been really good!!!! I bet it's hardly made a difference and you'll still be in ketosis. I on the other hand ate chips, chicken tikka kebab meat and chilli sauce....drank soooo much I was hammered. I feel really really sick :(

Just hoping it helps me go to the loo as I've not gone in 5 days...bit TMI there....

Ha ha never too much information as far as I'm concerned. I just felt shitty eating that ham and cheese as I have done so so well and I thought eating that would have kicked me out of ketosis and I would be back to square one again. Feeling very emotional today and very sleepy. I start back at college tomorrow so I think an early night is called for. I'm only one day 5 and I'm really hoping I'm going to feel better as the weeks go. I'm not actually hungry I just miss eating. Does that sound weird? X

No doesnt sound wierd at all. Food and meal times have been a necessity all our lives so I'm not surprised you're missing it - I know I do!

Day 5 was really hard for me and I was starving so you are doing brilliantly :) :) :) - keep up the good work, you will still be in ketosis. I'm not, I did a test and I've definately fallen out of it.

I've just had a slice of my sisters b'day cake but that's the last time I will be naughty. Her b'day is only once a year :)

Got WI on Tuesday so not looking forward to seeing the scales not move, it hasn't been my best week. Will dig deep and have a better time of it next week...

Yup best thing to do is build a bridge and get over it. :) you are doing well so far. I just had a sneaky couple spoons of sausage casserole I made for the kids. I'm a nightmare ha ha. I need to stop doin that! I just think I'm paying all that money I need to wise up and stop doing the couple of spoons of food. I don't have my first weigh in till next Tues night. I might have to go to get weighed at boots or something just to see how I'm doing. X

I'm dreading college most of all to be honest. It's more for when I'm sitting in lectures and if my stomach decided to go mental and start growling like mad!! Embarrassing!! X

Hi ladies, sorry haven't been about had the day from hell yesterday then daughters party today. Sounds like lots has been going on!

Dont worry about it Christy, this diet is so restrictive that I would imagine it would be impossible to get to goal without any events happening in your life which require you to go off plan. It was a planned day not a slip up and you are in it for the long haul so as Fairy says build a bridge over it and move on. The most important thing is you are getting back on plan.

I understand what you mean Fairy about sneaking bits of food while you are cooking I have almost done it totally unconsciously over the last few days loads of times. The important thing is you recognise it and like Christy said to me, this diet is about breaking habits and that will take time.

Yesterday I was struggling A LOT! I felt like I couldn't do it, was starving, headache, sick etc me and oh had a blazing row, my cat is missing and I was crying my eyes out most of the day. I know I needed to eat something hot and "proper" to take the edge off ( sound like a druggie there lol !) so I have decided to go on SS+. I emailed my CDC and she said that was fine so I had scrambled egg with broccoli and cauliflower. Sounds gross but it was the most heavenly thing I have ever eaten, well felt that way last night ha ha!

I have woken up today feeling great. Had chicken with cucumber and celery today at my daughters bday and avoided the wine! Although I've had the odd hunger pang from my energy levels and the fact I haven't been as hungry as before I think I could be in ketosis.

Christy on SS+ can you use chilli flakes in cooking?

Good luck for college Fairy, what are you studying? If your tummy rumbles, down that water!!!

Literally was just gonna press post and my cat has come back!!! Phew been gone for a week.

Xxxxx

Yep you can use chilli flakes, I use them more than anything else. I find it a lot easier doing SS+ and I'm seeing decent results so I'm happy to stick to it for now - 2 of my favourite meals:

1) 2 egg omlette with Cajun spiced mushrooms.

2) 2 baked field mushrooms stuffed with chilli and red pepper flavoured cottage cheese...Devine. I have it with salad.

This diet does mental things, I used to hate cottage cheese, celery and radishes and I love them all now lol.

Finally.....what a relief your cat turned up. My sister's Alfie goes AWOL regularly, we think he gets shut in sheds as it only happens during the summer. Must be so good to have her/him back - its such a worry xxx

Yeahhhhhh the poody tat came back. :) Little bugger was prob off on an adventure. If my tummy does rumble will downin water help? I'm so dreading lectures where my tummy will be goin mental!
I'm going into my 2nd year of my HND in social sciences. I love it by I know it's going to be tough going this year. X

If you keep up the water and make sure you don't skip any products I'm sure you will be fine :)

I'm doing a BA in business studies at the mo (part time) and I know how hard studying can be. I'm always snacking and making drinks so I can have a break xx

You'll be fine, the people at college will soon start noticing a difference!

I'm doing a BA Honors in history with the open uni. Start my 3rd year in feb. studying can be hard and I used to do the snacking thing too. That'll be another habit to break. Although I think I should be nearly finished by the time that starts again so I ain't gonna want to undo any of my hard work!

Day 6 can't believe nearly done a week without cracking. Daughters birthday today (9 !!!) so cinema and bowling and they are going to mcD's going to be a test lol. Although my DH won't be eating cos he hates it so I won't feel so alone with my black coffee.

Have a good day xxxx

Hope your wee one has a fab bday. My son turned 9 a couple weeks ago. Good luck. And I'm the same ad your OH when it comes to macdonalds. It's rank!! X

Well DH away from this morning until Friday :0( miss him but got things planned for everyday so be fine.

Cannot believe I started a week tomorrow, didn't think Id do one day so I'm quite chuffed! I had a bit of a revelation last night, I always see myself as on a diet or off a diet there's never a happy medium. I'm not a girl who can live off a lettuce leaf, I like food. It's an important part of our life, cooking, recipes, social , family time etc. on the other hand I don't want to be fat, so the key seems to lie in exercise. Might seem obvious to some but I have never seen myself as someone who could be fit. So I'm going to look for a personal trainer. If I'm having that me and DH talked about money and I can only stay on Cambridge until Xmas, but I should have made a big dent in what I want to loose by then and with healthy eating and exercise I can finish what I started and more importantly keep it off! I did a VLCD in 2009 and lost 5 stone in 5 months, but just put it all back on cos I didn't phase off properly and I just saw myself as off the diet and ate rubbish. I can't believe this time how my mindset has changed In such a short space of time! Hope it lasts lol.

Anyway sorry for the ramblings! Hope your both ok and had a good weekend. Hope collage was ok fairy xxx

Didn't have my last packet yesterday felt awful. Kind of felt hungry but sick at the same time, very strange! Feel ok today though just a bit washed out. First wi now less than a week away really want to see what I've lost!

Hi starr why didn't you have your last packet couldn't you face it? I find the ready mades /tetras much easier to manage and I actually enjoy the choc velvet!x Good luck with your wi I'm sure you can't wait x Let us know the result x

Yeah couldn't really face it, not sure why. I'm on ss+ and I had my dinner quite late. Lots of new sensations on this diet cos never let myself get hungry before! So sometimes not sure if I'm hungry, thirsty or what. I heard the ready made ones especially the chocolate velvet was good, might try those, thank you :0) xxx

If I feel hungry I always have some water, my councilor has given me a good tip if I'm desperate for food to keep a bar cut into pieces in the fridge and have a bit of that to ease the hunger and to actually chew on something x Hope you feel better today the late dinner was probably the reason x

Back