C said I should try red days, what do you think?

Hamish's Mum

Silver Member
I have been doing SW for 10 weeks now and have only lost 9lb's. I know the standard amount to lose is around a 1lb a week, so that puts me just under, but what concerns my C and she gets food diaries from me each week and says they are good, is that in the last 4 weeks I was +1.5lb, -0.5lb, -0.5lb, +1.5lb so that I have actually lost 2lb in the last month.

She has suggested trying red days so I have been doing that since Wednesday but apart from the fact it reduces carbs, I am not sure how it will work for me.

As you can see I still have a lot of weight to lose.

The only difference in my weight loss is that I joined a gym (this is my 6th week of going) and I usually do my session about 3/4 times a week.

Any suggestions for me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't have a food diary but I write everything down that I eat or drink.
Yesterdays menus was:
B - mullerlite with 2 satsumas and a pear and banana
L- homemade spicy carrot and ginger soup (carrots, onions, ginger, chilli flakes and veg stock)
T - large piece of seabass grilled with stirfy mix ( no noodles, just beanshoots, carrots and cabbage) with a dash of soy sauce
Snack throughout the day on 4 scan Bran (heB) spread with tinned salmon with cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
350ml skimmed mil for coffee (HeA) and a SW hifi bar at work last night on my break (HeB)
I also had 2 chocolate options mixed in total ( 5 syns)

Pretty much standard to what I usually eat.

Personal opinion but there's not a lot of food there. Apart from one piece of fish the rest of the day's intake was made up of carrots, cabbage & beansprouts :confused:

Do you find yourself going hungry? What do you use your syns on?

I would recommend starting a diary on this website and inviting Mini's to comment. This site has a wealth of information which you can draw from and we will all be happy to help you.

x

Totally agree with Ali, you need to eat more! Don't treat this like a diet. Can you eat veggie soup and a carb free dinner for the rest of your life? Just cook your fave meals the SW way, you'll enjoy it a lot mre and you'll lose a whole lot more weight! Good luck and enjoy your food!

TBH I know you don't calorie count on SW, but adding up what you had there, it's probably only about 1000 calories. Like the others have said, it doesn't seem like you're eating enough. If you eat too little your body goes into starvation mode & grabs on to anything you eat, making it harder to lose weight.

I know people have good losses with red days, but I really would try to eat a bit more if you can :)

I can't see your stats but I also have loads to lose, but as soon as I go to the gym I STS! Makes me cross! However the gym makes me happy, I have great skin and.... I've gone down a dress size but only lost a further 4.5lb

When you lose weight through diet you lose muscle. You don't want this as the mire lean muscle you have the more fat you burn.
So you could be replacing the fat loss with muscle gain, i know I am as I can feel the muscles in my thighs, my legs are harder and have less wobble, when I flex my arms I can see muscle not just squidgey fat! Eventually the muscle will teach it's maximum growth and the scales will show the loss, but in the meantime you are becoming more toned, your lungs are expanding so you won't feel so tired and eat more for 'enrrgy'!

Also the other thing the op said was that it's pretty much standard to what she normally eats. That's also not good. Your body needs variety to keep the metabolism interested and stop it becoming sluggish.

I'm mainly a red day person but every now and again I have a green week just to shock it into waking up

That week I often lose more than normal

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can relate to you Shirleen!! When I go to the gym that's when the weight loss slows down. Yet you get the lovely comments "wow you've lost loads of weight" when in fact I've not lost much but obviously my weight has been redistributed!! Like you Shirleen I love to exercise.

My friend told me the other day that a gym instructor once told her : 80% diet 20% exercise!! If this is true I would need to be sooooooo strict with myself.

I know alot of ppl that do SW and WW and don't exercise yet lose lots of weight. What I tell myself is that I'll be toned (if a little heavier). Since starting running I have changed shape but I have only lost a minimal amount of weight. But the health benefits outweigh that!!

Extra Easy seems to be the way forward to appear as if eating normal food and not highlighting to all and sundry that you're on a diet!!

I bought the little 100 extra easy days recipe books and it has fantastic recipes.

Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thanks everyone, a great help.

Maybe I am eating too little, but I have never had a great appetite (unless I'm eating cakes and sweeties) but will try and put some more calories in there.

Shall also try to stay positive with the exercise. I do feel fitter at the gym (I can finish my program now) and I am starting to increase the amount of calories used, not sure I can see any difference in my shape yet, but weight loss has slowed down since then.

My food diary looked pretty similar to yours a few weeks ago and then I had two weeks of STS. It crossed my mind that I too wasnt eating enough and I switched a few things around and ate more calories and hey presto, I lost 2.5lbs!

Hamish's Mum said:
I don't have a food diary but I write everything down that I eat or drink.
Yesterdays menus was:
B - mullerlite with 2 satsumas and a pear and banana
L- homemade spicy carrot and ginger soup (carrots, onions, ginger, chilli flakes and veg stock)
T - large piece of seabass grilled with stirfy mix ( no noodles, just beanshoots, carrots and cabbage) with a dash of soy sauce
Snack throughout the day on 4 scan Bran (heB) spread with tinned salmon with cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
350ml skimmed mil for coffee (HeA) and a SW hifi bar at work last night on my break (HeB)
I also had 2 chocolate options mixed in total ( 5 syns)

Pretty much standard to what I usually eat.

Blimey - snacking on scan bran - that's my idea of hell!

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of food there. I would be tempted to have a sandwich with my soup using one of my hebs, and snack on fruit & veg rather than scan bran throughout the day.
I'd also be eating more for breakfast. An omelette using one of my hea's for cheese (you can have 2 remember ), as well as the food you're already having. Especially on gym days.

Back