C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Good luck Sunshine, hope it goes well for you :)

Running was something I hated before C25k, now I love it!!

Shazzabir
I think I would be pushing it to say I love it. I do like the sense of achievement. Hubby (a runner) keeps telling me I'll get the bug, but it's yet to happen :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Did wk5d1 yesterday. Seemed a bit harder than wk4d3 which I sailed through for some reason & there's not much difference! :sigh: Oh well, we'll see how wk5d2 goes tomorrow night.

Well done all you 20min-ers!!! x :D

Oh no Jools. I completed w4d3 I wouldn't say I found it easy but I managed it gonna do w5d1 tomorrow not looking forward to it.

You'll be fine! I was probably exagerating as well (I'm often a little hard on myself!! :rolleyes:).

Wk4d3 was my fastest pace to date but it may have just been a fluke, good weather (no wind), good run (no traffic when crossing roads etc), good breathing, totally in the right head space etc etc. Yesterday was a million miles slower but I was just expecting more from myself. x :)

My friend at work has started C25K today, so I did it with her at lunchtime. I'm hoping it will do me good as well. Only problem is she runs quite quick, I had stitch part way round!!!. Quite shameful really as I'm meant to be the better runner!!

I noticed after doing the 20 min run yesterday, that my knee felt really weak and a little tender. The feeling lasted most of the day and was noticeable during my short runs today. Anybody else have this? It's normally my ankles that play me up, first time it's my knee??

I'm back in the game! I had my gait analysis on Monday (looked slimmer than I thought I would on the video :)!) and the physio has given me tons of hideous exercises to do to correct my terrible running technique. But he also gave me the all clear to start running again so I did W4 on the treadmill today - just to be on the safe side and it went well - totally pain free. Also quite fast! So I'll move on to W5D1 next time - which will prob be Thurs or Fri.

Well done Sunshine! Glad to have u
back :)

W5d1
Well honestly didn't think I'd be able to do it but I pushed through the last 5 mins and got there. Really strange I feel like my knees are going to hurt but they don't hurt. I'm sure something is going to hurt in the morning.
I'm sure there is method in the madness but jump to 8 then 20 :s (I need to start praying or something)

I had a little panic today - thinking my race for life is a week Sunday and I haven't done 5k yet. So I hit the treadmill and set it for 5k to see if I could do it running /walking.

I did it in 38 mins 31 secs including 5 min warm up. Was jogging for about 27 mins of that with 2 walking intervals of about 3 mins.

I then checked my dates and it's 2 weeks Sunday!!

Pleased I pushed myself I know I can do it on the day, with more time to train and increase my jogging time.

I couldn't have made this amount of progress without the C25K app. And doing the shred to increase my general fitness & strength.

Next challenge is to repeat it outside away from the cushioning of the treadmill.

Next planned run Friday. Xx

Sunshine runner said:
I'm back in the game! I had my gait analysis on Monday (looked slimmer than I thought I would on the video :)!) and the physio has given me tons of hideous exercises to do to correct my terrible running technique. But he also gave me the all clear to start running again so I did W4 on the treadmill today - just to be on the safe side and it went well - totally pain free. Also quite fast! So I'll move on to W5D1 next time - which will prob be Thurs or Fri.

Fantastic news!! Well done!! xx

Less of me said:
W5d1
Well honestly didn't think I'd be able to do it but I pushed through the last 5 mins and got there. Really strange I feel like my knees are going to hurt but they don't hurt. I'm sure something is going to hurt in the morning.
I'm sure there is method in the madness but jump to 8 then 20 :s (I need to start praying or something)

Brilliant!! I felt the same but did the 20 mins and relaxed into it towards the end. Go for it you can do it!! xx

Well done Hannah!! Not long til the race, im sure the atmosphere of the day will also help you. I still have until 3rd July and must admit feel so much better about it after doing the 20 min run :)

You'll be fine. Trust the process!! lol x :)

I had a little panic today - thinking my race for life is a week Sunday and I haven't done 5k yet. So I hit the treadmill and set it for 5k to see if I could do it running /walking.

I did it in 38 mins 31 secs including 5 min warm up. Was jogging for about 27 mins of that with 2 walking intervals of about 3 mins.

I then checked my dates and it's 2 weeks Sunday!!

Pleased I pushed myself I know I can do it on the day, with more time to train and increase my jogging time.

I couldn't have made this amount of progress without the C25K app. And doing the shred to increase my general fitness & strength.

Next challenge is to repeat it outside away from the cushioning of the treadmill.

Next planned run Friday. Xx

That's brilliant, well done.

Which RFL are you doing? x :)

Did Wk5d2 last night & it was fine. Weather was a bit colder & more windy than normal but I still managed it. Can't wait to give the 20min run a go tomorrow!! :fingerscrossed:

Is anyone keep track of distance/speed they are doing or just concentrating on programme? x :)

Just jools - at the start I was using a garmin to track distance and speed. But I kept increasing my pace whilst wearing it, (I wasn't even looking at it, just some power it had over me) so decided to stop wearing and focus on time. But I may just start wearing it again now. Don't want to get to 30 mins to find out my pace is too slow to complete 5k in that time. I think I'm doing about 10 min miles but we'll see.
Good luck !

Just jools - at the start I was using a garmin to track distance and speed. But I kept increasing my pace whilst wearing it, (I wasn't even looking at it, just some power it had over me) so decided to stop wearing and focus on time. But I may just start wearing it again now. Don't want to get to 30 mins to find out my pace is too slow to complete 5k in that time. I think I'm doing about 10 min miles but we'll see.
Good luck !

Me too, 10 min miles, I mean. I prob should get one of those things - which one do you have? I'm hoping to get a nice cheap one of course.

Back