C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

I was supposed to be doing week 7 day 1 today but felt great so decided to try a full 5k & time myself as there are no RFL near me coming up anytime soon. I managed it easier than I thought in a time of 29 minutes & 27 seconds... I couldnt believe it!!! I expected my time to be a good 5 minutes more than that at least!!!

sweet pink said:
I was supposed to be doing week 7 day 1 today but felt great so decided to try a full 5k & time myself as there are no RFL near me coming up anytime soon. I managed it easier than I thought in a time of 29 minutes & 27 seconds... I couldnt believe it!!! I expected my time to be a good 5 minutes more than that at least!!!

That's fantastic and what a great speed. Well done! I sometimes think I won't get past more than 90 seconds jogging. Lol

That's great Sweet!!!! Great time :)

Fiona, you'll be amazed what this program can do, you'll be running 5k before you know it!

Shazzabir said:
That's great Sweet!!!! Great time :)

Fiona, you'll be amazed what this program can do, you'll be running 5k before you know it!

Thanks Shazzabir. I really hope so. I must admit I felt good yesterday knowing that I could run until the invisible man told me to stop. ( As long as I didn't go too fast) but I suppose its all about building up endurance first and then speed.

Fiona - speed is definately a factor. I soon learnt to slow down after a few weeks into it. You are doing a great job :)

Right now I'm loving it. I do one days stage, rest for 10 minutes and then do another stage. I'm not pushing myself too hard, nothing aches, so I figure, why not? Especially when it earns a few calories. Lol.

Race for Life done - in a new PB of 31.31 which I'm very pleased with, especially considering more than half the race was on grass! I think I will stick to my original plan of trying to get 5k speed down to sub-30 as a delaying tactic for upping my distance!

Fantastic result!!! Well done. x :D

I sometimes think I won't get past more than 90 seconds jogging. Lol

If I can do it anyone can!!! lol ;)

I was out of breath doing wk1d1 I was that unfit but I'm nearly running 10k now!

Keep at it, you'll be fine. Good luck. x :)

** Just Jools ** said:
Fantastic result!!! Well done. x :D

If I can do it anyone can!!! lol ;)

I was out of breath doing wk1d1 I was that unfit but I'm nearly running 10k now!

Keep at it, you'll be fine. Good luck. x :)

Was gonna say the same! 4 month ago I couldn't run for 30 secs, and before I was ill I was happily running 4-6 times a week-up to 10k a time :) love it :D Can't wait to be feeling well enough to run again! Another week I reckon-fingers crossed x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Was gonna say the same! 4 month ago I couldn't run for 30 secs, and before I was ill I was happily running 4-6 times a week-up to 10k a time :) love it :D Can't wait to be feeling well enough to run again! Another week I reckon-fingers crossed x

Hope you get better soon. x :hug99:

Up to 4 minutes now! Who'da thunk it. Lol!
Tomorrow it's up to 5 minutes I think.

Well done! x :)

Welshtigger - hope you feel better soon.

Fiona - well done, your doing great!!

Hello all! Newbie here. I attempted Week1day1 a month or so ago and didn't even get through the first run! :sigh:

After a few weeks of swimming, I tried it again today. I managed 4 runs, then had to take a long break, but then carried on and managed another minute and a half.

I'm actually quite pleased! Considering I have a slight cold, I did better than I thought I could! I hope when I try again on Sunday I'll be able to complete it.

However, I felt pretty rough afterwards. My chest hurt- probably from having the cold- and it was like breathing through treacle. I remembered why I do swimming instead of running! Except swimming's how I got the cold......:(
Nevermind, I'm determined to do this! If it rains on Sunday, so much the better- maybe I won't sweat so badly! :D

boggins said:
Hello all! Newbie here. I attempted Week1day1 a month or so ago and didn't even get through the first run! :sigh:

After a few weeks of swimming, I tried it again today. I managed 4 runs, then had to take a long break, but then carried on and managed another minute and a half.

I'm actually quite pleased! Considering I have a slight cold, I did better than I thought I could! I hope when I try again on Sunday I'll be able to complete it.

However, I felt pretty rough afterwards. My chest hurt- probably from having the cold- and it was like breathing through treacle. I remembered why I do swimming instead of running! Except swimming's how I got the cold......:(
Nevermind, I'm determined to do this! If it rains on Sunday, so much the better- maybe I won't sweat so badly! :D

Well done for completing it-will get easier from here on in!! :)

boggins said:

I can totally sympathise! My first time I thought I was going to die! A minute and a half? No chance, but now I'm up to 5 minutes at a time. Not fast by any stretch but you too will get there, I promise.

Gotta agree with the others. Keep the faith, stick with it and you'll be amazed by the results. x :D

That's great that you completed it Boggins!!! Yes the first run can be a shock to the system, especially if u have a cold. Good luck on your next run :)

Got absolutely drenched today trying to run between showers but hey I got it done & I do like running in the rain (just not the type that bounces off the ground :mad:) I have to admit that I am looking forward to completing C25k so that I can move on to B210k for something a bit more challenging. I never thought I would say it but I found today easy & was even out of breath when I finished which is surely a good sign at least :D

Sweet: oh bless, hope you don't come down with a cold. There is something a bit special about running in the rain. That's great that you found it easy :)

Back